Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "stretching beni"

"stretching beni"

Can we look at my Quality Koi nisai sanke and tell me if that's what's happening here? Is this what everyone talks about when they refer to quality beni stretching with growth? I hope so, becuase I really don't want this beni to go away on this sanke.

It has experienced a lot of growth for a month. It went in at the middle of May, and has gone from 7 to 10 inches in this one month period. I am pretty happy with that. The tail tube has thickened up a bit, and with being in the pond, I am able to see the matsunosuke style gin along the sides of the sanke, just above the lateral line. you can see it in a few of the pictures.

the beni has the dark area in the center of the scales, which i assume is good. I figured this would be a good lesson in stretching beni (hopefully!)

Here is a comparison picture of a month ago to today, and then three others from today.
    this one is very friendly, swam right into the tub for me, and always up eating.

Still too early to tell whether male or female. you can guess what I am hoping for.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan25 View Post
    Can we look at my Quality Koi nisai sanke and tell me if that's what's happening here? Is this what everyone talks about when they refer to quality beni stretching with growth? I hope so, becuase I really don't want this beni to go away on this sanke.

It has experienced a lot of growth for a month. It went in at the middle of May, and has gone from 7 to 10 inches in this one month period. I am pretty happy with that. The tail tube has thickened up a bit, and with being in the pond, I am able to see the matsunosuke style gin along the sides of the sanke, just above the lateral line. you can see it in a few of the pictures.

the beni has the dark area in the center of the scales, which i assume is good. I figured this would be a good lesson in stretching beni (hopefully!)

Here is a comparison picture of a month ago to today, and then three others from today.
    this one is very friendly, swam right into the tub for me, and always up eating.

Still too early to tell whether male or female. you can guess what I am hoping for.
    Hard to tell from pictures the depth of beni and whether it is stretching or not, especially in short time periods. I will note that in the very first picture (the side by side), there is some white insertion between the scales in the kiwa, more than marazome kiwa would be typically. Based on the pictures, you may have an "issue."

Is this the same Sanke that I said the Kohaku would be a safer bet?

Still too soon to call but.............2.75 years and counting.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Hello Ethan . . .

Maybe it's my old, tired eyes or maybe it's your pix, but I'm can't see 'em well enough to address your questions?

Best wishes,

Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Hard to tell from pictures the depth of beni and whether it is stretching or not, especially in short time periods. I will note that in the very first picture (the side by side), there is some white insertion between the scales in the kiwa, more than marazome kiwa would be typically. Based on the pictures, you may have an "issue."

Is this the same Sanke that I said the Kohaku would be a safer bet?

Still too soon to call but.............2.75 years and counting.

Steve
    yes, same sanke and kohaku. but most of the beni on the kohaku has gone away.

I really wish the pictures were crisper. The scale edges are picking up the light differently which alters the appearance of the hi plates in an unflattering way.

I don't know if you've been over to NI today or not, but JR fired up a nice little thread on Koi Color you might want to look at.
    Nishikigoi International: Color in gosanke
    Be certain to read all the way through Bob Brudd's conversation with him about "narikome". Then maybe you can enlist a little assistance from your lovely bride in taking a few pictures that give us a peek Make sure you get pics along the dorsal line, down the lateral, and tight on the tail tube.
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Honmei

Hmmm, it may end up a contest between a shiro muji and a shiro bekko.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

see, Steve? the beni is much different on the kohaku than the sanke. This was from a month ago on the KOHAKU.

There is a lot of change in where the beni is present.

Tategoi
    Ethan sadly that fish is going shiro.....been there

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Ethan sadly that fish is going shiro.....been there

the second one, right? the kohaku?

I'd agree, that's what I think is happening. I have more concerns with the sanke in the first pictures, since the kohaku is already IMO a lost cause.

Jumbo
    You should bring that Sanke to the MPKS show July 11. There will be several qualified hobbyists there that could give you a better response and evaluate the fish than by a picture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast