Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 191

Thread: Phinally Phinished the Phoam Phraxionator

  1. #11
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,128
    Looks good. If it works as well as it seems, this is an excellent DIY thread.

  2. #12
    Oyagoi HEADACHE6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,112
    Waiting for Video

  3. #13
    Oyagoi Ethan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Waiting for Video

    working on it. didn't have night vision on my camera.

  4. #14
    Oyagoi Ethan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Looks good. If it works as well as it seems, this is an excellent DIY thread.

    Third day in a row with consistent, steady phoam.

    it comes out around an inch every 30-40 seconds, if that makes sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phinally Phinished the Phoam Phraxionator-phoam.jpg  

  5. #15
    Oyagoi HEADACHE6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,112
    Holy Sh!t !!!

  6. #16
    Oyagoi Ethan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Holy Sh!t !!!

    made it for $135-$140, after looking at everything needed to make it.

    the 6" stuff is just tough to come by, and expensive.

    The pump needed to run it needs to deliver a minimum of 1200 gph of flow for it to work with the ball valve turned as it is. My guess is that stronger flow would just necessitate teh ball valve being relieved back a bit. Slower flow, and you tighten it a tad more.

    Right now, it is turning the pond over at a rate of once every 4 hours or so.

  7. #17
    Oyagoi Ethan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan25 View Post
    made it for $135-$140, after looking at everything needed to make it.

    the 6" stuff is just tough to come by, and expensive.

    The pump needed to run it needs to deliver a minimum of 1200 gph of flow for it to work with the ball valve turned as it is. My guess is that stronger flow would just necessitate teh ball valve being relieved back a bit. Slower flow, and you tighten it a tad more.

    Right now, it is turning the pond over at a rate of once every 4 hours or so.

    Here's the breakdown of the parts needed that I bought for the second one I am making:

    6" to 4" reducer $12.50
    4" to 2" reducer $5.00
    6" to 4" "T" fitting $24.50
    5 foot section of 6" PVC schedule 40 (Free) would have been $20
    6" double hub 90 $26.50
    2" ball Valve (cheap one from Lowes) $10.00
    Bioballs to fill ($25 is my guess, I had them readily available)
    (2) 1.5" elbows for incoming water $2.50
    2" PVC, 3 feet worth, $3.00
    4" street 90 for the phoam dispursement $6.00

    $135
    to buy everything (not counting glue and primer, hose to run from pump and pump)

  8. #18
    Oyagoi Ethan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,894
    Video of it in action, as well as an explanation.

    YouTube - phoam phraxionator

  9. #19
    Oyagoi HEADACHE6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,112
    Great Video !

    My guess is you will notice a decrease in Foam after using the FF in a week or two. Or have you noticed a decrease yet ?

    Seems so simple and you had very little if any "Tweaking" to do.

    Keep at least me updated , Troy

  10. #20
    Oyagoi Ethan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Great Video !

    My guess is you will notice a decrease in Foam after using the FF in a week or two. Or have you noticed a decrease yet ?

    Seems so simple and you had very little if any "Tweaking" to do.

    Keep at least me updated , Troy

    Updated? Okay. Took these pictures this morning.

    Let's just say, NOT a decrease in phoam yet. My suspicion is because I have a high fish load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phinally Phinished the Phoam Phraxionator-phoam1.jpg   Phinally Phinished the Phoam Phraxionator-phoam2.jpg  

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The VERY new and improved Phoam Phraxionator
    By Ethan25 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-27-, 04:33 PM
  2. Word on the Street: $75-$85 phoam phraxionator
    By Ethan25 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 01-09-, 09:52 AM
  3. **Free Phoam Phraxionator**
    By Ethan25 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
  4. Son of Phoam Phraxionator Created
    By Lomaponder in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
  5. my phoam phraxionator
    By Ethan25 in forum Pond Construction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com