Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gray water....

Daihonmei

gray water....

you can't state when a koi ponder is a non-koi ponder.

Two words will clear up the gray water: plants and rocks.

A pond without Koi does have too much in common with a cesspool...

So Luke, are you planning to nuke the water with PP or Shock before dumping? That's a lot of water to go "un-used" for one last good purpose.
    I hope you at least are able to keep a sense of genuine purpose for the fish you bagged and shipped yesterday. They didn't go to waste, just moved on.

Sullage charbet happens.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    A pond without Koi does have too much in common with a cesspool...

So Luke, are you planning to nuke the water with PP or Shock before dumping? That's a lot of water to go "un-used" for one last good purpose.
    I hope you at least are able to keep a sense of genuine purpose for the fish you bagged and shipped yesterday. They didn't go to waste, just moved on.
    yyesterday? Um no..this wednesday from 11;00AM till 4:00PM..anyone can come by..I still have lots of things for someone to do that wants to help...any one...anyone?

I gotta well that throws out almost 1800gphI will drain it down to nothing and then break down all the PMS's and dump them in a vacant lot near the house (they a lava rock). and let the surfaces completely dry, and then take a garden sprayer and saturate all the exposed surfaces with a half water half bleach solution. and pour bleach in all the plumbing.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Two words will clear up the gray water: plants and rocks.

Nope still gray..what if the pond doesn't have rocks or plants but has no filtration and is two feet deep?
    Or is six feet deep and has the old style gravel filter from a previous decade where the gravel filter was IN THE POND on the bottom (that was cutting edge stuff 30 years ago)?
    Or what if it has rocks and plants and is lightly stocked but has a turnover rate of three times every hour and a huge water fall, and the owner keeps the water parameters spot on, and has for the last 4 years?

Gray

Meg
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    Or what if it has rocks and plants and is lightly stocked but has a turnover rate of three times every hour and a huge water fall, and the owner keeps the water parameters spot on, and has for the last 4 years?

Gray

funny but it that 4 year number I keep reading in the emergency sections on the boards....."every thing has been perfect for 4 years and suddenly my koi are having trouble I don't understand what is wrong...help"

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    yyesterday? Um no..this wednesday from 11;00AM till 4:00PM..anyone can come by..I still have lots of things for someone to do that wants to help...any one...anyone?

I gotta well that throws out almost 1800gphI will drain it down to nothing and then break down all the PMS's and dump them in a vacant lot near the house (they a lava rock). and let the surfaces completely dry, and then take a garden sprayer and saturate all the exposed surfaces with a half water half bleach solution. and pour bleach in all the plumbing.

What are you going to do with all the cichlids that you have/had in the pond?

Daihonmei
    all the cichlids will be fertilizer...anywhere from 500 to 2000 (WAG)

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    funny but it that 4 year number I keep reading in the emergency sections on the boards....."every thing has been perfect for 4 yars and suddenly my koi are having trouble I don't understand what is wrong...help"
    Meg,
    I think those people are keeping koi...please note I said they were keeping water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast