Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help white spots

Help white spots

I notice my black koi have some white spots on the side by the middle and almost close to the tail, is like someone make a circle spot with a marker, I know is the only one that have that and it didn't have it before cause was completely black darker black like charcoal and also was shinny, we have no idea what could be, he seems healthy and happy just noticed that white spots

Hi Zuro,

Can you post some pictures of the koi with the spots? Just a description of 'white spots' is not much information.

The pictures will help the experienced keepers on this site to better identify what your koi may be suffering from. Even though the pictures may not provide enough information for a diagnosis, they at least provide a visual of the problem you are dealing with.

Koi Kisses

Quote Originally Posted by KoiKisses View Post
    Hi Zuro,

Can you post some pictures of the koi with the spots? Just a description of 'white spots' is not much information.

The pictures will help the experienced keepers on this site to better identify what your koi may be suffering from. Even though the pictures may not provide enough information for a diagnosis, they at least provide a visual of the problem you are dealing with.

Koi Kisses
    I try to take a picture but we couldn't , tomorrow I'm going to catch it and separate in a bowl and that would be more easy, I hope we can then as soon as I have the picture I'll post it, other than that, he's active, eating, swimming and everything just the round white spots and don't look like an ulcer, cause we have some with ulcer before so we know how they look, thanks again

Meg
    along with the pictures you need to give a bigger picture of your pond...as in information
    size and gallons
    inhabitants ...numbers and sizes
    filtration and matainance
    water test numbers...hopefully with a test kit with drops.
    pond constuction, liner, block, rock bottom?

all this information will help the good people here help you

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    along with the pictures you need to give a bigger picture of your pond...as in information
    size and gallons
    inhabitants ...numbers and sizes
    filtration and matainance
    water test numbers...hopefully with a test kit with drops.
    pond constuction, liner, block, rock bottom?

all this information will help the good people here help you
    Thanks a lot, I'll do that, meantime the pond is 2000 gallons we have like 35-40 kois, 5 of them are 12" the rest are med and small, is a concrete pond almost 4 months old and is 12' x 7' and 4' deep , we have a 4000 gallons ultima II filter, 40 watt UV and pondmaster 60 with 3 12" aereator, also we do water test daily and they're came out ok, I know I need to give you the numbers but I'll do it later and no rocks in the bottom just 3 or 4 large one.

ZULMA.........

Try contacting RobF (info in PM). I'm overloaded with work this week and have family visiting this weekend. I might be able to check out in person on Sunday afternoon if you still need help.

I spoke with Zulma, I'll go over today and look the situation over. Sounds like it is probably some variation of the "new pond" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Try contacting RobF (info in PM). I'm overloaded with work this week and have family visiting this weekend. I might be able to check out in person on Sunday afternoon if you still need help.

Thanks Mike and like RobF said I already spoke with him and he's coming this afternoon and hope we can figure it out what's going on

Thanks RobF

I have to thanks RobF for came to our home this afternoon and gave us some advice, he's a nice and friendly guy and like to help a lot, we're so much thankful and relax after he came and talk to us about a lot of things and so far we're ok, a little bit high in the Nitrite but he's going to find out more inf. a email us, but again I want to thanks so much to him and also Mike of course that was the one that refer me to RobF, both of them we're very thankful;

Zulma & Robert

Well, hey, we have to get you on the right track. Need you to try for baby grand champion at Central Florida Koi Show in March!

Seriously, you'll find the Orlando Koi Club members are good folks. Many with ponds no larger than yours, and some with high-tech marvels. All happy to share their experiences. Everybody has had sad times learning how to keep koi. All want to help others avoid the problems without the bad experiences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast