Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been to California Koi Farms in Fallbrook?

Well, now I know what the problem is. There are three golf resorts close by.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone been to California Koi Farms in Fallbrook?-l35ffad40-m0m.jpg  

Daihonmei
    you are right..he is sitting on a freakin goldmine.
    There must be an extremely convoluted reason for him to be "maintaining" a koi farm there.
    Last edited by luke frisbee; 08-10-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    you are tight..he is sitting on a freakin goldmine.
    There must be an extremely convoluted reason for him to be "maintaining" a koi farm there.
    It is called family tradition, honor, and most of all love for koi, it is in his blood.

......and a 300 yard drive in the center of the fairway.

Quote Originally Posted by koi-kichi View Post
    Takemi is probably to proud to accept help, but it would be great to see a couple of Koi Clubs "adopt" his koi farm and volunteer to help work it. Maybe help promote it, do auctions, something to help this place survive. I would love to see it get back to full operation and be a thriving koi farm again.
    I had the pleasure to visit Takemi at his Fallbrook koi farm several years ago. I purchased some very nice koi durng that visit. I am sad to hear that the farm appeared to be in less than top condition recently.

Absolutely, This is a tough time for many koi farms in Japan and in the U.S. It is important that we do what we can to support our local koi breeders and dealers. It is sad to see that koi can sell for many times their ordinary value on ebay and local breeders and dealers struggle to sell very nice koi at a fair price. I am sure that the local koi clubs will continue to support their local koi breeders and dealers to the fullest extent possible.

I recently had someone ask me to put together a group club order to buy koi food in bulk to save a few dollars. Saving a few dollars is not necessarily a bad thing but buying koi food in bulk quanities that will last more than a few months makes no sense to me. I want to buy koi food in small batches so it will be as fresh as possible. I also want to support my local dealer and breeders that supports our club and it's events.

Our koi hobby needs to pull together and support the members and professionals that support the hobby. This is especially true today in our economic enviorment.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    It is called family tradition, honor, and most of all love for koi, it is in his blood.
    nancyM
    THAt part of the convulsion is easily identified...but if that were the case then koi would not be laying dead in drying ponds and others dying in another

Daihonmei
    double post

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    As a fellow avocado farmer, I feel his pain. If my water was metered it would be sianara time.
    I thought I was the only insane koi person trying to grow avocados in CA. (my water is allocated to about 70% of what we used before, but a big price increase makes up the difference for the water company. They claim it is because they have "fixed" costs, even if they sell less water. As if I don't?).

I'm near Takemi and visited once last year. Never went back after seeing the condition of his koi and farm. I hope he can build it back up to its former glory but once a reputation is lost, even a better economy won't help.

I am an insane person trying to grow avocados in S Florida, green gold. Well the koi like them. Price increase..you got me all excited. Thought you were talking about the pears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone been to California Koi Farms in Fallbrook?-avocado-001.jpg-3.jpg  

I am at Cali. Koi Farm all the time. Yes the economy is hurting quite a lot of people. as for talking about dead Koi, Not too long ago (about 3 months ago) I was at Eastern, and I saw a few dead Koi myself in the sale tanks. I wasnt too thrilled about that eather. Then when I looked at the goldfish there were at least two that I saw that were all puffed up and looking a bit like droopsy to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast