Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Has anyone been to California Koi Farms in Fallbrook?

Oyagoi
    I really enjoyed that.

Whichever way things go, I wouldn't change anything about the way they've gone til now......Maybe it was, is, all a dream........

Brett

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by koi-kichi View Post
    Wow, that's really cool. Thanks for sharing that.
    I spent about two hours with Takemi this afternoon. He dosent seem to remember any day where a few couples left because fo a cpl flopping Koi. But someone has started a rumor about him having KHV. Hes getting phone calls about it now. I really hope that wasnt you!!! Almost sounds like someone is tryign to steal some business from a well known breeder...

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mer View Post
    I spent about two hours with Takemi this afternoon. He dosent seem to remember any day where a few couples left because fo a cpl flopping Koi. But someone has started a rumor about him having KHV. Hes getting phone calls about it now. I really hope that wasnt you!!! Almost sounds like someone is tryign to steal some business from a well known breeder...
    LOL ..can you tell me of a dealer/breeder in koi that does not have the khv rumor circulating about them every year or two?

I'm pretty sure that this fellow would have been open about any concern he has had...and he has.

Tosai

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by d_mer View Post
    No I wouldn't do that. I have never purchased koi from him and would not know if he had KHV. I think someone on here already stated that they never heard of any reports of KHV coming from there. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that we visited on an off day. Many people including yourself have been to his farm a lot more than I have and had much better exeperiences. I do not sell Koi and would have no need to try and "steal" business from him. I would like to see his farm get back to the way it used to be, that would be cool!

My wife and myself visited California Koi Farms for the first time today. Let me tell you, this was the most heart wrenching visit I ever had to a "Profesional" koi farm.

You can tell at one time this must have been a great operation. They have several large mud growth ponds, several stock cement ponds, and a "store" area with smaller sale ponds.

It was really sad seeing how this owner, who must of cared about Koi at some point, let the place go. Several of the mud ponds were completely dried up. Most of the stock ponds were either empty with dead bull frogs in them or had little to no water flow/filtration. Most of the fish looked to be in very poor health, with dead fish being almost every pond.

This was an extremely sad day for me seeing this.

Here is there web page Koi Farm Homepage
    And when you contacted the local koi clubs what was their response to the conditions that you described here?

Southern, CA Member of Inland Koi Society, Koi Club of San Diego & ZNA SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristine View Post
    And when you contacted the local koi clubs what was their response to the conditions that you described here?

No one contacted any club to my knowledge

Our SD club does help out-(not on a daily basis)

No I wouldn't do that. I have never purchased koi from him and would not know if he had KHV. I think someone on here already stated that they never heard of any reports of KHV coming from there. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that we visited on an off day. Many people including yourself have been to his farm a lot more than I have and had much better exeperiences. I do not sell Koi and would have no need to try and "steal" business from him. I would like to see his farm get back to the way it used to be, that would be cool!

Like I said earlier, if you indeed want to help Calif Koi farm, then go purchase some supplies from them. Anyone who would come on here to simply bash a dealer/breeder is not KOI KICHI............

Quote Originally Posted by nancy m. View Post
    like i said earlier, if you indeed want to help calif koi farm, then go purchase some supplies from them. Anyone who would come on here to simply bash a dealer/breeder is not koi kichi............
    GO NANCY!!!! Takemi is taking me up on my offer to volunteer to help out around the farm at least twice a month. I told him all I wanted in return is the experience and knowledge that I get from it. Then he invited me to go to Japan with him this Oct., but I had to decline that invitation. But I'll take him on on it next year....

I think this thread is done
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345