Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish fecal matter

Fish fecal matter

So it's not the subject I would have picked for my science fair project but someone has to do it. I can't imagine my fecal matter study being selected and sent to the big show. What would I wear? Would my teacher, Mrs. Green, stood by my side full of pride? Give me a chance to do (I thought about it) do a little more reading on the subject. Feel free jump in anytime, it should be solid.

Just when you thought it was gone. My wife through away my notes in a heated battle last night. She said that I am 'wasting' my life away with my forum addiction. I gave her the finger and she grabbed my notes and ran shrieking out the door and now they are gone.
    I was going to show the elements Nitrogen and Phophorus. From the beginning to the end with all the fancy names involved like protein oxidation. It is all gone so next time.

You do research on turds and you give us s#!t about filters???
    Please tell me you appreciate the irony in that

Glarf = Giant load of aging ripe fecal

If you had to keep one of these items as being the most useful for carp, which one would you pick and why? papillae......demand feeder......or pyloric sphincter muscle

Since the first and the last are in a co-dependent relationship I choose them both.

I found my notes. They were under my desk so I apologized to my wife...not. Any way pyloric sphinter (pylorus or 'gate guard') is connected to a stomach so that's out. Demand feeders can make it too easy to over eat feed puting more solid wastes in the water then necessary so that one is on hold and to be delved into. Since the stomachless koi count on the bucal cavity and mill works so much for digestion, those tiny little raspy papillae are very important to the fish.
    Next Nitrogen and Phosphorus and their roles.

Daihonmei
    "Since the stomachless koi count on the bucal cavity and mill works so much for digestion, those tiny little raspy papillae are very important to the fish. "

Please explain this statement. JR

You have to play the game to get answers JR. Now if PapaBear has a question, I would be glad to respond.

Daihonmei
    No, I'm not interested in games- just answers. And I think it's best to vet your facts a step at a time as I see you are already off base. Dude, you can't google physiology of humans ( or some facts about fish in general) and cross it over in theory. So lets make sure the google muscles are accurate before you move on. Otherwise we have yet another left turn in education that will need to be fixed down the road. Fair? JR

PS are those poison arrow frogs still keeping you awake? ( get my point?)

KK,
    I was giving you a mulligan on the sphincter def, but since you outed yourself I guess you're back on the hook. Since you dont' want to answer JR's question, here's mine.

"Since the stomachless koi count on the bucal cavity and mill works so much for digestion, those tiny little raspy papillae are very important to the fish. "

Please explain this statement.

Larry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast