Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm having Harvest withdrawals

I'm having Harvest withdrawals

Im having Harvest withdrawals.

Here a couple of pics of what I have coming out of the mud this year. The Asagi went in the mud at 21.6 and the Matsunoske Sanke went in at 13. These are both at Quality.

The 3rd pic is my Kindai Showa at Purdin. She went in the mud around 9. I cant really remember the exact size.

So, what do yall have coming out this year?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm having Harvest withdrawals-asagi-21.6-inches-october-2008.jpg   I'm having Harvest withdrawals-sanke-13-inches-october-2008.jpg   I'm having Harvest withdrawals-kindai-showa-purdin.jpg  

Jumbo

When that happens to me......

......i go and sit by a mud pond watching the Koi swim by!

You're LUCKY!

my three

doitsu showa, shown here in pictures one and two (pic two is of last week in the mud).

matsunosuke sakai showa

matsunosuke sakai goshiki
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm having Harvest withdrawals-doitsuclear.jpg   I'm having Harvest withdrawals-post-359-12501077575413_thumb.jpg   I'm having Harvest withdrawals-sakaishowa.jpg   I'm having Harvest withdrawals-msgoshiki.jpg  

First pic is at Purdin
    Second pic is @ Quality

The Quality koi is from the 555 event.

My Purdin koi was the replacement they gave me out of kindness for the one that I bought at a local convention and leapt out of the QT into the dogs mouth the first night it came home... The Purdin showa isn't in the mud, but apparently she's happily swimming around a huge concrete pond waiting for the weather to cool for shipping.

Great looking Asagi Sandy and it goes without saying... DROOL on the kindai showa, and I really like the Sakai Showa Ethan. You've got lots to look forward to by the looks of things!!

Grant

[IMG]file:///Users/grantcusworth/Desktop/47_555-34.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by kntry View Post
    I’m having Harvest withdrawals.

Here a couple of pics of what I have coming out of the mud this year. The Asagi went in the mud at 21.6” and the Matsunoske Sanke went in at 13”. These are both at Quality.

The 3rd pic is my Kindai Showa at Purdin. She went in the mud around 9”. I can’t really remember the exact size.

So, what do ya’ll have coming out this year?
    I know one thing, that Purdin showa will have the best shiro of any of your fish. I will bet you a crawdad on that! Good luck kntry

I have 4 koi in the mud at purdin, one of every kind they make....last year's showa purchase at tosai turned out to be a male, so I'll find a replacement not spoken for......the kohaku pic I couldn't get to load. It's a four step tosai from this year and fingers crossed it turns out female.

Mud ponds seems to be the ying and yang of Koi......the excitement of imagined improvement and the anxiety that they escape predation and other threats of injury.

It is magical to watch your own, emerge out of the mud...all that anticipation among those in attendance can get so thick sometimes you can cut it with a knife.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm having Harvest withdrawals-purdin-su.jpg   I'm having Harvest withdrawals-dicks-sanke-4.jpg  
    Dick Benbow

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    I have 4 koi in the mud at purdin, one of every kind they make....last year's showa purchase at tosai turned out to be a male, so I'll find a replacement not spoken for......the kohaku pic I couldn't get to load. It's a four step tosai from this year and fingers crossed it turns out female.

Mud ponds seems to be the ying and yang of Koi......the excitement of imagined improvement and the anxiety that they escape predation and other threats of injury.

It is magical to watch your own, emerge out of the mud...all that anticipation among those in attendance can get so thick sometimes you can cut it with a knife.

tosai, coming out at 20+"...

YEP!

Most went in at 9"-15"+ at 4 months old, if I remember right.

Sandy: We can anticipate this little girl together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm having Harvest withdrawals-nkf-harvest-mon-08-045_edited.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast