Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Delray Beach, Florida Koi Show Oct. 30- Nov. 1

Delray Beach, Florida Koi Show Oct. 30- Nov. 1

A lot is getting posted about needing to see koi in person rather than in photos. So...

ZNA Southern Koi Association has held a show in Naples, Florida in mid-November the past several years. This year, we are switching coasts and doing it earlier. ZNA SKA has teamed up with Tropical Koi Club to put on a show at the Morikami Japanese Gardens & Museum in Delray Beach on the lower east coast. In past years the Naples show has been modest in numbers of entries, but with some excellent quality koi in competition. Teaming with Tropical Koi Club, we expect more entries and continued high quality. The Morikami Gardens provide an extraordinarily nice venue, with much to see.

Any Florida koikeeper within driving distance should make a point of going.

Entry forms, etc are available at tropicalkoiclub.org or znaska.org.

Daihonmei
    Saweeeet...
    Not that I didn't enjoy driving all the way across the state through sugarcane country and the everglades and around Lake Okeechobee...Nope I didn't mind it...
    (mainly cuz Mickey wanted to take his truck and he drove.)
    ...But it'll be nice to hop down and see the Joint...and the koi.

Damn!!!! I'll be in delray visiting the parents on oct 10. I always hit Morikami while I'm there. DAMN..I WANNA GO!!!!! I wish I knew earlier.

I'm sure there will be photos next week. ...unless the camera gets lost! But, nothing as good as the real thing. Hope to see all Floridians. Tourists, too.

please throw in

a few pictures of the garden.... along with the Koi....

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    a few pictures of the garden.... along with the Koi....
    dick you rock whore/hound///
    After mt drive toNew jersey I don't know idf the wife is willing to let me leave the yard but I am still gonna try...we'll see if I can go and photo some rocks

Good idea to do the koi show with other events. ZNA NorCal did a Koi Show during Cherry Blossoms Festival by the City of Cupertino few years back and got so much foot traffic. We will explose this idea again for our show in future..

--Dinh

Have a great weekend Mike.
    Look forward to the pics !

I heard Dr. Kang will be demonstrating varicose vein 'cooking' with new improved lazer equipment as a demo. The first 10 to sign up will be on the house.

Everyone should go at least once to this place. When you stand in the gardens and look around, I feel I'm back in Japan. There is not enough time to see every thing in one day. Bonsai display, samurai armour in museum, flower display, drum music show, koi show, and more... cool to see geshia walk by...

http://www.morikami.org/

Since its opening in 1977, The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens has been a center for Japanese arts and culture in South Florida, with rotating exhibitions in its galleries, tea ceremonies performed monthly in its Seishin-an tea house, an educational outreach program with local schools and organizations, and Japanese traditional festivals celebrated for the public several times a year. The original building, named the Yamato-kan, is modeled to suggest a Japanese villa. It features a ring of exhibition rooms embracing an open-air courtyard with a dry garden of gravel, pebbles and small boulders. The Yamato-kan offers a permanent exhibit chronicling the history of the Yamato Colony, a Japanese farming community in South Florida 100 years ago.
    The principal museum building opened in 1993 to meet a popular demand for more programming, more versatile facilities, and to satisfy the needs of a growing community. The museum’s architecture is inspired by traditional Japanese design. The building features exhibition galleries, 225-seat theater, authentic tea house with viewing gallery, library, classrooms, museum store, cafe and lakeside terrace with Japanese courtyard garden.
    The Morikami Museum Collection houses 5,000 Japanese art objects and artifacts, including a 500-piece collection of tea ceremony items, more than 200 textile pieces and recent fine art acquisitions. The 200 acres that surround The Morikami’s two museum buildings include expansive Japanese gardens with strolling paths, resting areas, tropical bonsai collection, small lakes teeming with koi and other wildlife, nature trails, pine forests and park and picnic areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delray Beach, Florida Koi Show Oct. 30- Nov. 1-morkin.jpg  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast