Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give me all the Good , Bad & Ugly about my New Koi

Give me all the Good , Bad & Ugly about my New Koi

Or let's call it "Rate My Koi" for Short

Breeder : Kaneko

She has spent most of her Summer at Summer Camp in the Mud Pond .

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Or let's call it "Rate My Koi" for Short

Breeder : Kaneko
    OK, they are pictures so my standard disclaimer applies.

Very good sheen, clean head, good body structure. Tail tube seems a tad to tappered in (might improve in the mud pond), nice full pecs. Reticulation is a tad uneven but again, it appears good but under developed verses developed and still uneven so this too has a chance for improvement.

Another one that once harvested will be good to examine to before and after pictures.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Those are nice photos of Koi .

Daihonmei
    and the only other thing that i did not see mentioned..it'd be better if the orange haze disappeared out of the pecs.... it could happen

Steve has mentioned the tail tube issue. The pattern accentuates it. This is my major concern with the fish. We'll hope the mud helps. A secondary concern could be that she is finishing earlier than desired if the goal is for a large koi. Not many Kujaku are able to grow large... 75cm and up (and look good). Those are the negatives. Positives: just about everything else. She sure is pretty in the bowl.

The comments on the Tail Tube I believe are coming from the 5th photo in the first post . Believe it or not , that photo is from the evening I got her shipped from the dealer , while the others are from a different time . You'd think the breeder/dealer would have limited food while she was in holding but that doesnt seem to have happened in her case . I believe the other Bowled photos of her show the truth of her shape and not hiding anything .

Visiting her yesterday , I was pretty happy with her frame .

Honmei
    The comments on the Tail Tube I believe are coming from the 5th photo in the first post . Believe it or not , that photo is from the evening I got her shipped from the dealer , while the others are from a different time . You'd think the breeder/dealer would have limited food while she was in holding but that doesnt seem to have happened in her case . I believe the other Bowled photos of her show the truth of her shape and not hiding anything .

Visiting her yesterday , I was pretty happy with her frame .
    The first picture does also Troy, just at a different angle and thus not as pronounced. But then again, we are looking at pictures. Like I said before, the mud pond may help in this area.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Only look at the Tail Section in the second photo , that way she'll be worth more .

Honmei
    Only look at the Tail Section in the second photo , that way she'll be worth more .
    OK, Two points to made then Troy,

1) Seems you are at east somewhat defensive about the tail tube comments and thus is one reason why I hesitate commenting on these types of threads.

2) If the second picture depicts what you want depicted then you should have only posted that picture (even though not as pronounced it still appears somewhat thin albeit not as much in that picture).

Yes I see the winking smiley face and get the humor in your post as well. That sign of humor is at least an acknowledgement that perhaps you better comprehend my statements regarding judging photos of koi and not being a "cop out".

Steve
    CKHPA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast