Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: All-Florida Koi & Pond Show Photos Wanted

  1. #1
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,128

    All-Florida Koi & Pond Show Photos Wanted

    I am searching for photos of the GCs at the Orlando shows held in 2001 and earlier. Back then, the Orlando show had a different organization and was named All-Florida Koi & Pond Show. If you have photos, PM me. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Honmei KoiCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,774
    Hello Mike . . .

    I checked our KoiUSA Index and came up with the following articles we published about the early All Florida shows (if you're interested?):

    5th Annual, Vol 27, Issue 3, p. 100, by H. Culpepper
    4th Annual, Vol 26, Issue 4, p. 94, by J. White
    3rd Annual, Vol 25, Issue 4, p. 94, by McCorkle
    2nd Annual (not located)
    1st Annual, Vol 23, Issue 4, p. 90, by J. White

    If you're interested and don't have access to these mags, let me know. I've got 'em all out in the garage (somewhere) and am sure I could dig 'em out for you.
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

  3. #3
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,128
    Thanks, Don! I feel silly that I did not think of old KoiUSAs. I'll go through my collection and then get back to you. (I hope there are GC photos with all of the articles and that they scan well.)

  4. #4
    Sansai MCPS Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clarksville, TN Ikona Koi Club
    Posts
    165
    They should scan well enough for our purposes !

  5. #5
    Oyagoi mstrseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Georgetown, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPS Mike View Post
    They should scan well enough for our purposes !
    Sounds like it may be a banner day................

  6. #6
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Hello Mike . . .

    I checked our KoiUSA Index and came up with the following articles we published about the early All Florida shows (if you're interested?):

    5th Annual, Vol 27, Issue 3, p. 100, by H. Culpepper
    4th Annual, Vol 26, Issue 4, p. 94, by J. White
    3rd Annual, Vol 25, Issue 4, p. 94, by McCorkle
    2nd Annual (not located)
    1st Annual, Vol 23, Issue 4, p. 90, by J. White

    If you're interested and don't have access to these mags, let me know. I've got 'em all out in the garage (somewhere) and am sure I could dig 'em out for you.
    Knowing my buddies Joe and Henry, they are probably still waiting to send that Second Annual Show article in! LOL

    Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

  7. #7
    Tosai
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Knowing my buddies Joe and Henry, they are probably still waiting to send that Second Annual Show article in! LOL

    Steve
    Soon Steve, soon.

    Joe

  8. #8
    Honmei KoiCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,774
    Here's the GC from the 5th AFKAPS; over 24" and owned by George Flinn.

    PS: Joe emailed me that he located the other issues and will send scans on to Mike.

  9. #9
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,128
    Oh, Don, how far the Orlando show has come. Back then 'over 24 inches' was the largest size! LOL.

    That GC was one of the best, but the photo does not do her justice... not even close. She was a big gal who was prominently featured in advertising seen in all the mags for a couple of years before she was brought to Orlando for the show. I hope we can get a more appropriate photo. But, at least we have one!

    ... KoiUSA is a great resource for chronicling the American hobby. More shows should take advantage of the opportunity.

  10. #10
    Daihonmei aquitori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal Biotch!!!
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Here's the GC from the 5th AFKAPS; over 24" and owned by George Flinn.

    PS: Joe emailed me that he located the other issues and will send scans on to Mike.

    Nice Kohaku, it was also GC of the first Shinkokai Show here in NorCal. Funny how one remembers things.....or am I just a koi geek...

Similar Threads

  1. Central Florida Koi Show 2011
    By MikeM in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 05:32 PM
  2. Photos wanted
    By markgardner in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 08:47 AM
  3. South Florida Koi Show
    By jewellover in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 06:09 PM
  4. Bonsai At Central Florida Koi Show !
    By MikeM in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
  5. All Florida Koi And Pond Show - AFKAPS
    By Rod L. in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com