Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish?

fish?

Kenny just got back from Japan. I am considering this fish. She is 2 year old Yageji. 22 inch fish. I am not familiar with the breeder. Who knows?

Here is the link.
    http://www.enkoi.com/Photo-Gallery/2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fish?-img_0082.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 111whalen View Post
    Kenny just got back from Japan. I am considering this fish. She is 2 year old Yageji. 22 inch fish. I am not familiar with the breeder. Who knows?

Here is the link.
    Eastern Nishikigoi - Niigata 2009 - Photo Gallery
    Interesting Kohak Mark. First off, big fish at Nisai, the body is long and has a thick tail joint. Beni looks more from it's Tomoin and Dainichi cross. Fins look to be male, but when the body fills out it might be female. Red pec, shows signs of beni stability.

The fish reminds me of my Yagenji Kohak that won Mature Champion at Gardena several years ago. Even thou it was Male the quality was unmatched to the Kohaks I have now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fish?-rp-mature-champ.jpg  

Honmei
    Hiya Mark,
    Yagenji (Ishihara brothers) is one of my favorite breeders. I've had a number of their Kohaku over the years. I currently have a 26" Kohaku from them and it is still progressing nicely.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    The fish reminds me of my Yagenji Kohak that won Mature Champion at Gardena several years ago. Even thou it was Male the quality was unmatched to the Kohaks I have now.
    Tonio, he was a beauty, RIP........

Here is the link.
    Eastern Nishikigoi - Niigata 2009 - Photo Gallery
    Yageji is a well known breeder but I would make sure what they mean by two year old as some breeders mean not yet 3.
    A beautiful fish
    Regards
    Eugene

Thanks for the feedback. I have a movie but it won't upload. The breeder says female but I will check the vent Thursday. If the fish "is not yet 3", that would not stop my buying it. It still would be on the large side. Where can I read about the breeder? Thought he was known more for gin and showa?

Honmei
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a movie but it won't upload. The breeder says female but I will check the vent Thursday. If the fish "is not yet 3", that would not stop my buying it. It still would be on the large side. Where can I read about the breeder? Thought he was known more for gin and showa?
    Mark,
    Yagenji is probably best known for Kikisui and then Gin Rin. They used to produce some outstanding Shiro Utsuri as well but lost their oyagoi in the earthquake. They're located in Mushigami. I'll PM youu some links to check out with some reading material.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Waddys koi kichi 2 has a cople of pages and photos does not say much other than 2 brothers run it and have some very large parent stock and was happy with their fish
    Regards
    Eugene

Got the fish-very impressive in real life. Tail joint is outstanding. red pec is no big deal-some say it makes stronger red on the body? The color of the red is the purplish color-not my favorite but very deep and uniform.

Very nice fish, Mark. Every bit as impressive in person as in the photo. Glad we stopped in yesterday to see it.

Wishing you many years of enjoyment on your pick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast