Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando In March 2010

Orlando In March 2010

There is an issue with the Central Florida Koi Show website, which is being updated for the 2010 show. But, it still can be reached at orlandokoishow.org . We believe the problem will be worked out by December and that cfks.org will function then.

Meantime, mark your calendars for March 12-14, 2010. It's a great time for northern koikeepers to take a Spring break!

Tategoi
    Plane tickets are bought already...We fly in on Tue

I really wanted to go this year! That is the week our new pup is coming home. So there is just no way.
    Maybe next year!

Hope we can make it this time...

--Dinh

The big news is that the Central Florida Koi Show will not be at Holiday Inn... The hotel has been sold and is now: International Palms Resort and Conference Center. It's the same location with a new name. As a result, reservations must be placed direct with the hotel at 407-351-3500. There are serious plans for upgrading the hotel, with new furnishings, paint, carpet and renovated baths, refurbished restaurant and bar, etc., but.... with the show just 8 weeks away, it is unlikely attendees will get the benefit of the upgrades this time around. We are assured the work will not interfere with show plans.

We have 35 vendors (using 45 spaces) thus far. I have just 3 regular spaces available, preferably for vendors with something different to add variety to the vendor fair. Interest in reserving show tanks has begun. Rumor has it that there will be at least 5 gosanke over 80cm in the competition. I expect the number of size 7 entries (over 28") will be a record for us. There are some very nice koi in the mid-sizes I know are coming, so the competition in sizes 4, 5 and 6 will be strong.

The seminar line up is getting set and so much else. We have a full show committee meeting this weekend to pull together all the details. I sure wish we had Dinh in charge of our publicity so we could get TV coverage!

To get forms and info, check the website. The website domain name has been permanently changed to: centralfloridakoishow.org . But, you can also use orlandokoishow.org. It is being updated.

I am looking forward to this Saturday. The cold will be gone. We return to a more seasonable high of 77F. And, we enter the homestretch of putting on a really good koi show. We could not do it without all 5 of the sponsoring clubs pooling resources to make it happen.
    Last edited by MikeM; 01-12-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: correct info

was curious as to who you have confirmed for your seminar line up?

The new hotel management seems to be having a little difficulty with their room rates. When it was a Holiday Inn, the normal room rate was $150 to $175 but we got a show rate just under $100. We noticed recently that the new hotel website was advertising rooms as low as $75. I tried to reserve a room online and got a $51 room rate!!!

The hotel indicates that nobody "should" be getting rooms for $51 or $75 anymore as those rates were only good for a very small number of rooms. But if you can get that rate, don't worry about the show, go for it. We have a minimum room night to meet, but we would rather the attendees get the cheap room rate. If you do get a room rate lower than $100 per night, please let me know (so I can let others know as well as use the info should we not meet our minimum room night sales -which we have never had a problem doing).

And of course, if you cannot get a room for under $100 and they tell they know nothing about a Koi show rate, let me know and I will get you the show rate.
    Henry

Orlando, FL

Honmei
    I'll be thinking of ya'll in Orlando. This will be the first year of CFKS that I think I have/will miss. On the bright side, I will be thinking of ya'll not from the great white north of Illinoois, but from the great white beaches of HAWAII! It's Cheryl and my 25th wedding anniversary that week and she has never forgiven me for going there on business back in 92 and not taking her so I am mending that fence!

Ya'll have a great show!

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Woo hoo....I just booked my room for $51 a night!! Thanks for the heads up on this great rate.

Sansai
    Thanks Henry.....I just got my room for $51 a night also.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast