Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    First only the photo shows a stout body. There are a lot of factors on a photo to take into consideration . Camera angle, focal length of lens , depth and angle the fish is swimming at. So a photo can be very deceiving . When you have a nisai 58cm and good quality it is quite rare. Then let us look at 58cm with a stout body and one same length with slimmer body. You can bet that the stout body fish will grow a lot larger. It is not like a stout body on a 28cm. Looking at photo I would like to bet that it is a 3g fish
    Regards
    Eugene
    You would be spot on with your 3G bet!
    I've not seen her in real life and will fly over to the dealer when she arrives to make my final selection.

The risk of the mako is there but we can also assume the body will grow in length and the pattern should pull open exposing a bit shiro - thats according my Kokugyo book! But there is also the sashi that will finish and come up - anyway it will be a close call.

She was selected out of the 'tategoi' nissai pond at SFF in the river green house (you have to experience this green house to appreciate it!). I'm not sure about which parent she cam from.

The biggest I've grown a SFF go-sanke so far is around 78cm. I've got a showa, sanke and kohaku all 4 years old now. The sanke was the fastest grower and she had a body like this. I also agree about the photo angle.

The bit of hi on the eye-lid is not a problem to me personally.

For me it's between the Maruten and the 3 step. Not sure and will only know when I see them in person..

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    So interms of growth you would therefore consider this to be a better option? Also 58cm nissai SFF.

For most of us a koi achieving over 80cm is more than enough.
    Hi Erns,

I wud definitely go for the Maruten. The Hi quality is super. The body is uniformly thick and the tail tube is truly robust. I believe she will be a jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by hwong View Post
    Hi Erns,

I wud definitely go for the Maruten. The Hi quality is super. The body is uniformly thick and the tail tube is truly robust. I believe she will be a jumbo.
    I am with hwong for the Maruten Kohaku.... The body conformation of this Maruten is much better than the first one.

And yes, second motion to Koimann's comments about the first Kohaku. Looks like she has a stout body to me as well...

--Dinh

Tough day!

Was a very tough day at my dealer's house! Flew to Durban yesterday morning at 06:30 and was back home in Cape Town last night at 21:00. 6 new koi richer I sold 9 big ones (over 75cm) the last two weeks so I had some cash and the space. I selected 4 kohaku and a tancho kohaku plus the Asagi I posted earlier. From the 4 kohaku I intend to keep only one and the others will be moved on when they get to 70cm.

The body on the 3 step posted earlier was fine. I took her. so basically I took a tancho sansai, Inezuma kohaku, two step, 3 step and a 4 step - all nissai- Tancho is from Hosokins and the rest from Sakai - all 18months old all Yamato offspring. They will be in QT at the dealer for a few more weeks before comming to me (after KHV testing). The skin quality on this batch was really special - bearing inmind the very long trip thhey had and only arriving on Friday. My photos suck as my wife normally does that part - but on arrival I'll take some good ones and will document their development over the next 12 - 18 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your thoughts on this one?-img_0250_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0256_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0257_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0264_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0265_800x533.jpg  

Your thoughts on this one?-img_0269_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0270_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0271_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0272_800x533.jpg  

Few more snaps...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your thoughts on this one?-img_0282_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0281_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0280_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0275_800x533.jpg   Your thoughts on this one?-img_0273_800x533.jpg  

Daihonmei
    yeah, you're right..you are 6 koi RICHER.
    I am impressed with your Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    yeah, you're right..you are 6 koi RICHER.
    I am impressed with your Dealer
    Thanks Luke. Felt like a rock star on the plane home last night
    My dealer is ok - he has supplied a All Japan Grand champ before so I guess he knows a good koi from a good koi.

Quote Originally Posted by hwong View Post
    Hi Erns,

On closer inspection the head on the maruten was not what I had hoped for and I passed on her.

Does your dealer ship tot he US?

Anyways, looking at some of the pics of the first fish your are considering, I like the finer qualities of it, shiroji is fine and soft, beni if bright but has a very soft look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    Thanks Luke. Felt like a rock star on the plane home last night
    My dealer is ok - he has supplied a All Japan Grand champ before so I guess he knows a good koi from a good koi.
    HI Brother Erns ,

Good decision on the 1st Maruten and the rest of the fishes . These Kohakus do have the quality beni and kiwa we would love to see in nisais .

The 1st Maruten , would be your pride 12 months down the road . She will be the biggest girl among the 6 fishes you just bought .
    If your 1st maruten can't even hit 85 bu , then I would presume most of the fishes I just acquired from Sakai will not even touch 80 .. . I believe your 1st Maruten might prove many wrong ...
    Your thoughts on this one?-09oct-137_2.jpg

This was one of my October Yamato Kohaku , which I believe the body is much shorter than your 1st Maruten Kohaku .. shall we use her to guage your fish Brother Erns ?? , ... in 6 months or 12 months time ..

David

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast