Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday . . .Fish we brought home

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Not trying to steal your thread, but look at this 22" Yagenji kohaku! If it wasn't for the right pec motoaka...........

and that "break" that isn't going to break open in front of the dorsal and going over the back ridge.

Daihonmei
    the two chagois can't be compared... the difference in the color between the two makes them almost two different levels of Chag, even if your's had the same GR.

Yeah I used to see that "bruising' in my chag's when I'd rough em up, but it always occurred in the same spots so I thought it was reaction of clusters of color cells to the stress.

Moving right along . . .

We'd already struck gold, gotten what we'd wanted (one of the two Hoshikin kohaku and one of the two Marudo chagoi), negotiated a total and were walking to the cash register when Brenda spotted this one being 'decanted.'

Never seen a budo goromo like it: Uniform purple color, crisp white and an interesting pattern. Needless to say, we just had to add this (admittedly) impulse buy.

Takano, female, 45 cm (18")

At Eastern (a month ago):

At home:

Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Sansai
    Wow those are some nice additions. Maybe if I make it to the San Diego show I will be able to see them up close.

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Moving right along . . .

We'd already struck gold, gotten what we'd wanted (one of the two Hoshikin kohaku and one of the two Marudo chagoi), negotiated a total and were walking to the cash register when Brenda spotted this one being 'decanted.'

Never seen a budo goromo like it: Uniform purple color, crisp white and an interesting pattern. Needless to say, we just had to add this (admittedly) impulse buy.

Takano, female, 45 cm (18")

At Eastern (a month ago):

At home:

Amazing fish! I've never seen one like this before. Really good looking to me. Post some pictures of the other ones too!

Wrapping things up, here's the third koi we brought home on Black Friday:

Hoshikin, female, 55 cm (22")

Taken at Eastern (right out of the bag) a month ago:

Taken at home:

Gorgeous. Beni in pec is so far down as not to matter at all... IMO.

Thanks, Mike. We'd like to think so too.

The whole 'beni in the armpit' ding seems to be somewhat dated these days. On the other hand, have heard AKCA Judges say it's a sign of strong beni.

A little late to the party as I thought this was a "HEY! Walmart was selling IPods for half price" type thread....

Don, some amazing looking koi you picked up. The chag is indeed fantastic. The scales and reticulation looks so nice and tidy and despite not liking gin, I really like this koi. Nice clean head too!

The budo is cool man. That shiroji is so soft and white (appears as such in the photo anyway). I don't know a lot about them, but I do know that it's important the purple is even all over and yours is doing it. Most of the goromo I have seen struggle with good confirmation, but so far yours is looking great. I can see why you had to nab her at the last second!

And the hoshikin... Man, what a great body. The tail joint and shoulders look very powerful. Without the benefit of seeing her in person, the skin looks great and really sets the stage for the shiroji. The beni is nice and even throughout and appears to be quite thick. I love that she's already showing "cheeks". (one of my favourite looks on a koi's head) My only concerns would be the sashi seems a little uneven in a couple spots and there is lack of balance front to back with her pattern. (heavy on the head, light towards the rear). Hopefully the sashi is just adjusting to growth and the front to back thing shouldn't hurt as she looks destined to competition in size 7.

Keep us updated Don. I'm quite curious about the sashi.

Grant

Tosai
    nice fish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast