Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Peter Waddington's ERIC - Endless River In Concrete

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Gibbo,
    Stagnant water is stagnant water. Aerated water is aerated water. Aerated stagnant water is still stagnant water, and a real danger, and an unnecessary one. This danger increases each day that this water does not MOVE through
    a filter and become "unstagnated"!!! This is the main point for my choice of ERIC. I want "CLEAN" for my Koi, and I mean CLEAN! How is it that I have understood this, and that you have not yet got it? I've been doing my homework for the last week, you see. I will never settle for second best.
    My brother says "Why pay a little more for good quality when you can have garbage for a little less?" Smart guy!

You are SOOO hot when you play blonde...
    Ok lets play a game..
    aerated stagnant water is still stagnant water...So then what is stagnant aerated water

you do know that the Waddy is a good filter...most of us agree with that...the two sticking points we have are that Waddy insists to pretend that he is selling the best filter...he isn't ..it is a good filter, average actually. Ans he insists on stating that the only maintenance it will need is a "10 second Pull" which he can not video tape but can spend an immense amount of time and effort on this thread typing lengthy responses...time better spent videoing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    You are SOOO hot when you play blonde...
    Ok lets play a game..
    aerated stagnant water is still stagnant water...So then what is stagnant aerated water

you do know that the Waddy is a good filter...most of us agree with that...the two sticking points we have are that Waddy insists to pretend that he is selling the best filter...he isn't ..it is a good filter, average actually. Ans he insists on stating that the only maintenance it will need is a "10 second Pull" which he can not video tape but can spend an immense amount of time and effort on this thread typing lengthy responses...time better spent videoing.
    Ain't "playing blonde" Lucky Luke,I am a real one , and one you'd damn yourself for without any doubt! But that is not my purpose on this thread. You seem obsessed with pics and videos! How about simple reasoning and reading the contents of what you have had the occasion to see? Could be a good start! In the meantime, I will continue being a high-class sex symbol
    and more especially a Koi Kichi. That's how the cookie crumbles.

Why can't you guys just video the damm thing? Luke is asking something simple and if it is more difficult to do then say so....geezzz....

I'm thinking that if nobody posts until they have something new to say, this thread will die quickly. And, at this point, good riddance.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Ain't "playing blonde" Lucky Luke,I am a real one , and one you'd damn yourself for without any doubt! But that is not my purpose on this thread. You seem obsessed with pics and videos! How about simple reasoning and reading the contents of what you have had the occasion to see? Could be a good start! In the meantime, I will continue being a high-class sex symbol
    and more especially a Koi Kichi. That's how the cookie crumbles.
    I read books by the Brits..let's see....
    Something about Hobbits...really long-winded just like Waddy's posts butt not a damn photo of a real one, and for his son to dream about
    Then there is this Butt ugly Rowling chick...more long-winded BS for little kids to dream about
    And now there is the Waddy One...Long-winded and just as unbelievable..but little lady you go ahead..why i went to Youtube and found a video just posted to support the Waddy's Boast...
    yep it was of a Hobbit doing a ten second pull in the brush chamber of an ERIC attached to the Koi Pond at Hogwart's

I'm just a humble student of the Koi hobby with some short three years of experience whose main reason to enter the Koi world was the dynamics of filtration. I've followed this thread purely as a learning process. Its been difficult to extract the educational from the rest............. Please we've established who hates who and who's stolen from who based on who is talking to who. Reads like a soap opera with very interesting historical and technical arguments. Keep it coming!

As an Ocean Engineer I spend three years immersed in physics and math. Fluid and Vector dynamics happened to be my two most favorite courses and seem to be at the epicenter of my curiosity in this thread.

Purely Filtration and purely Fluid Dynamics speaking...... that is after the water enters the piping network and works its way into the filtering system:

In my opinion the water enters into a state of turbulence from the minute it begins its journey to the filter system. I would not expect any laminar flow at any stage so long there is forwards movement in the water column.. All dissolved organics in the water are well mixed producing a homogeneous solution which include ammonia and nitrate and its called "pond water". Add air to it and even more mixing occurs. Add all the baffles and obstructions such as media, mats etc. and by the time this column of water exist the filtering network its extremely mixed. Assuming a good filter design (shape and flow patterns) stagnant water should be a non factor.

The real question is How well does the media's surface area (individually but more specifically as a whole) captures the incoming water column with a certain flow rate? How much water escapes without Bio-oxidation? .....But Is it really that critical? After all it will get capture next time around, say in about an hour (theoretically).

Did I read, not sure if correctly, that our water "concerns" are 20% Bio oxidation and 80% organic removal. I think most good filters and pond designs have adequate bio-oxidation capabilities. So if we missed 10% of 20% bio filtration it represents a very small amount. But if we missed 10% 0f 80% that is much more significant.

Bottom line for me is, as it was so simply expressed by the fellow with the green coloring of PreformC, mixing in the pond is immediate and becomes a homogeneous solution. And as the water enters the filtration system it also is very well mixed.................

Just my humble observation...

Andy et al jorge/andres not to be confused with andidon

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I'm thinking that if nobody posts until they have something new to say, this thread will die quickly. And, at this point, good riddance.

Ditto Mike! I'd bet well over 95% of the posters on this thread have zero interest in demolishing their system and starting all over based on whether Waddy posts a video of his system or if the "Eric" works. Most of us have established systems that work for our ponds.

It's very odd that on all the other boards things can be discussed and very rarely is there someone to show up with 0-20 posts that has a deep seeded interest in the topic. Here at Bito whenever anything that may spark a war, the Anons come out of the woodwork. I'd bet the Anons here are the same single person that claimed to never post again as a anon.

Luke, I am am surprised you haven't been picked up by your local agency as the prevert of the month. What does "her" carpet have to do with koi???????? Pretty sick man, pretty sick!
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

>> In view of what your friend posted - I consider my 'initial' knee-jerk reaction to be extremely, repeat extremely mild.

Understand - but I found there is not much in that post to make you to reply with a negative tone.

>> Had the same person said this to my face instead of some 6,000 miles distant? I assure you that even half of his libelous garble would not have been able to escape his lips. And I am not a man known for physical violence.

I think you are not a physical violence, but your writing in this statement indicates otherwise.

>> 'Advertising'?????? You have lost me here completely.

"The best filter in the world"
    "The finest filter in the world"
    "you’d better believe it - because: - Eric rocks"

>> This board INVITED me to give answers to questions regarding my filter system.

I believed so.

>> I agreed and am doing so.

Yes, and the above....

>> How can I possibly give replies to questions relating to MY filter system without answering the questions relating to MY filter systems?

There is no question regarding the reference to your system technically in order to answer to questions.. And many folks including me appreciate that you answered many techinical questions.

>> Sign language?
    >> Morse Code?

hmm, French, Sign Language, Morse Code.... Any difference? I think Luke got the point...

>> Your advice would be appreciated.

--Dinh
    Last edited by dinh; 12-11-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    >> In view of what your friend posted - I consider my 'initial' knee-jerk reaction to be extremely, repeat extremely mild.

Understand - but I found there is not much in that post to make you to reply with a negative tone.

>> Had the same person said this to my face instead of some 6,000 miles distant? I assure you that even half of his libelous garble would not have been able to escape his lips. And I am not a man known for physical violence.

I think you are not a physical violence, but your writing in this statement indicates otherwise.

>> 'Advertising'?????? You have lost me here completely.

"The best filter in the world"
    "The finest filter in the world"
    "youd better believe it - because: - Eric rocks"

>> This board INVITED me to give answers to questions regarding my filter system.

I believed so.

>> I agreed and am doing so.

Yes, and the above....

>> How can I possibly give replies to questions relating to MY filter system without answering the questions relating to MY filter systems?

There is no question regarding the reference to your system technically in order to answer to questions.. And many folks including me appreciate that you answered many techinical questions.

>> Sign language?
    >> Morse Code?

hmm, French, Sign Language, Morse Code.... Any difference? I think Luke got the point...

>> Your advice would be appreciated.

--Dinh
    Ah, the absolute benefits of having an unbiased moderator for protection. I think I'll join the ranks of the Derricks on this thread.
    So coming out with a statement to the world that I am a bankrupt is not such a serious thing to say?
    You surprise me Dinh.
    Saying this about someone who has been a bankrupt person is not exactly 'cricket' is it?
    Saying this about someone who has never been a bankrupt person is another matter altogether.
    In fact if both parties had been in the USA our dear Eugeneg would now be facing a 'no win - no fee' litigation suit with a queue of lawyers as long as your arm standing by.
    Whilst there are many who know he is talking his usual claptrap others may just possibly bring the 'no smoke without fire card' into play?
    Had I thought he had more than $100.00 to his name I'd have had a go at his throat for a complete apology but it seems he's still waiting the $100.00 payment for the last 100 gallon goldfish pond he's made another mess of.
    However, our unbiased moderator has deemed it as 'non serious' - I get the warning whilst dear Eugeneg walks.
    Good stuff indeed.
    Waddy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    Nice answer. Dodge, duck, evade... disgusting. Fair questions, honest questions, from a person who has been nothing but fair, polite and straight forward.

Grant
    Grant, I recognise genuine posts and your is completely genuine. I openly apologise in this instance because many are not genuine and so my replies are 'generalised' - not exactly good for you nor is it exactly good for me.
    Please excuse me, but I could find the questions you need answers for by re-tracing every post, however, if memory serves me correctly - yours are related to water flow coverage within an aerated container? Please email me at [email protected] and I will discuss with you in detail. If I did attempt to discuss with you here, I assure you my replies would be rubbished by others.
    Waddy.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast