Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Peter Waddington's ERIC - Endless River In Concrete

Banned
    [QUOTE=gibbo;148821]Apology accepted. I am sure we have all made totally incorrect assumptions in our lives. Thank you for your honesty and courtesy.

It would be inappropriate to state my business name on this board. Why not look at pictures of the stand which will show you the company name displayed on a 3 metre banner.

By the way, when I passed by you it was to restock for the North East Show, and then again on the way back from that for an agricultural show close to my home where I was trying to promote the hobby to newcomers. Remaining stock is at my premises not my suppliers. You lacky's information was wrong I'm afraid, sorry if I misled him, but by only telling certain people certain things it eventually gives visibility to who tells who what.

So back to the questions.

In relation to the biological media we still seem to be focusing on the box and the flow, not the media. In case I have not been clear, I am talking about media in the worlds most perfect filter, designed so well that all the water moves through the chamber without any bypassing, tracking or such like. I've already stated this.

So in this box, with all its benefits of flow, why would static media be better than fluid media. Lets compare media with media, in the same box, whichever box you like. Please

And in relation to the brushes, yes I have read and reread and I fail to understand why you prefer brushes. Or why they are better than a sieve. Maybe it is the way you wrote it, maybe it is the way I read it. So lets assume it is me thats stupid, thats fine. Please explain it in simple terms for me. Like the clear way I explained why I feel the opposite. SImple bullet points are fine. Please ?

.................................................. .................................................. .............................

REPLY TO ABOVE 12/11/09

All brush-related questions will be answered later today and answered better than any video can be made to look. Please be patient. I'm sure they will be viewed with disdain but, one thing is sure, they will be fact.

As an aside, regarding your presence here. As is the usual procedure with all other staff of the company you promote - do you also need to pass any and all replies you make here to Nick for his prior approval? If so, it must produce some time delays?

Also if you require a full history of the unit you are promoting now, (way before you became a proponent), your presence has prompted me to detail my involvement in the product well before it was actually produced. This may well be of interest to other readers. I have a page on the main website called 'It Happened' and will add full details on the matter which may be of historical interest to you simply because, like all the others on that page, 'It Happened'.

Waddy.
    Last edited by waddy; 12-11-2009 at 05:28 AM. Reason: the original quote was not highlighted

Daihonmei
    I have to say, this attitude stuns me, Peter

I'm no good
    Nigel's no good
    Gibbo's no good
    Jaspers no good
    Tim Waddy is no good
    Nick is no good
    Kogan is no good
    My ZNA buds are no good
    all previous discontent customers are no good

But you are Peter, always correct, always innocent and always misunderstood. I think, if you are truly now sober, you need to begin that last step in the program and begin apologizing to those you need to apologize to. I think it's time. Lets see what kind of man you really are--- not the Bravado stuff, the real stuff--- JR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    I have to say, this attitude stuns me, Peter

I'm no good
    Nigel's no good
    Gibbo's no good
    Jaspers no good
    Tim Waddy is no good
    Nick is no good
    Kogan is no good
    My ZNA buds are no good
    all pervious discontent customers are no good

But surely dear boy - that must be a wonderful record indeed?

But you are Peter, always correct, always innocent and always misunderstood. I think, if you are truly now sober, you need to begin that last step in the program and begin apologizing to those you need to apologize to. I think it's time. Lets see what kind of man you really are--- not the Bravado stuff, the real stuff--- JR
    But surely dear boy - that must be a truly wonderful record indeed?

Only a mere handful of cads I've fallen foul of? - out of the thousands upon thousands of others I have met over the years in my pleasurable duties.

I'm sure there must be others that are GREEN with envy.

No doubt in my mind, you are an icon apart - you are a friend to ALL men!

Many years from now I see the granite headstone carved extremely tastefully with the legend -

'Here lies JasPR - he gave his life so all our Koi may live'

Oh dear, I'm filling up again.....

Thank you for pointing this out to me - especially in view of the fact 'tis time to be jolly.

Waddy.

PS. You mention some were 'pervious' - can you expand a little?

Daihonmei
    Green withy envy?? You're kidding right. You've alienated your family, destroyed scores of individuals love of the hobby, have a liver the size and consistancy of a walnut, left a breeder high and dry and basically have abused anyone close to you. Envy? Are you nuts?

But that aside, this might seem a foreign concept to you but I cheat no one. Don't look for the weak or vulnerable and would rather do without than rip an innocent off.
    Your former customers like Kostie Killas and I often discuss just what makes you tick. Why you did the things you did and what thrill you get from taking down the mark. Dude, its a pathology no doubt. Now that your clean, I hope you can take the next step away from self absorption. But if the 'chicken or the egg' question is answered in the former and it was not the alcohol but the personality, then God help you. Life will go on for all of us. And no one knows what tomorrow will bring. But without redemption or any shred of morality, I'm thinking yours is a depressing end. Envy you? Buddy, you are indeed dillusional beyond-- far beyond-- filter concepts. JR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Green withy envy?? You're kidding right. You've alienated your family, destroyed scores of individuals love of the hobby, have a liver the size and consistancy of a walnut, left a breeder high and dry and basically have abused anyone close to you. Envy? Are you nuts?

But that aside, this might seem a foreign concept to you but I cheat no one. Don't look for the weak or vulnerable and would rather do without than rip an innocent off.
    Your former customers like Kostie Killas and I often discuss just what makes you tick. Why you did the things you did and what thrill you get from taking down the mark. Dude, its a pathology no doubt. Now that your clean, I hope you can take the next step away from self absorption. But if the 'chicken or the egg' question is answered in the former and it was not the alcohol but the personality, then God help you. Life will go on for all of us. And no one knows what tomorrow will bring. But without redemption or any shred of morality, I'm thinking yours is a depressing end. Envy you? Buddy, you are indeed dillusional beyond-- far beyond-- filter concepts. JR
    Oh dear JasPR,

Of course I remember Mr. Killas, in fact I remember the very first meeting with him at the Koguriyama bull ring - long before you'd even heard of him. He was in Japan with another Koi dealer - one from your country. For some reason or other, and although he was not staying in Nagaoka, he found the very bar where I was indulging in pickling my liver that very night. He mentioned a Kohaku he was thnking of purchasing at Dainichi - he had named her 'Aphrodite' and was transfixed. I said I hoped he would be happy with her. The next I heard was two evenings after when he rang my hotel room from Canada - I have no idea how he found the number and I was intent to get back out to do further pickling. He asked me if I would find a price of the same Kohaku - I replied by saying I thought he had already been given a price - he then said he wanted ME to get him a price. I did not have time the following day but the next night he's on the phone and screaming at me for not making this a priority - I passed by Dainichi the next day and spotted the Koi by his description - a heart on one flank. I did not need to inspect the Koi, I only needed a price, Futoshi asked me 4.5m yen and I came away. The phone was ringing before I entered my room that night and he was on the line.
    "How Much' said he.
    '4.5m plus 50,000yen growing for one year' says I.
    'You mean 500,000yen growing for one year?' says he.
    'No I mean 50,000yen' says I 'It's the standard cost'.
    'Buy it now' says he.
    'Plus my commission on 4.5m' dsays I.
    'Buy it now' says he.
    'Not without payment' says I.
    The silence was deafening.
    'How to get the money to you?' came the question.
    'By bank transfer' says I.
    The money arrived a week later and so did the evening calls - every night bang on time.
    I bought Aphrodite from Dainichi as requested.
    Now all this is before you had even heard of the name Kostie Killas dear boy.
    It was only six months later he told me that he'd been quoted by his US dealer 10.5m for said Koi plus 500,000yen for one year's growing.
    That was only the beginning dear boy. The wronged Canadian had one Dainichi Showa he'd purchased via the same dealer two years earlier - he told us all how staggeringly incredible she was on many occasions and was the only one Koi in his pond at home. Eventually he persuaded Masaru Saito to take her back and grow her for some years in his mud ponds. No Koi were allowed back into Japan at the time but we did find a way. Then came the problem of the fact he could not bear to handle fish!
    More dear boy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Oh dear JasPR,

Of course I remember Mr. Killas, in fact I remember the very first meeting with him at the Koguriyama bull ring - long before you'd even heard of him. He was in Japan with another Koi dealer - one from your country. For some reason or other, and although he was not staying in Nagaoka, he found the very bar where I was indulging in pickling my liver that very night. He mentioned a Kohaku he was thnking of purchasing at Dainichi - he had named her 'Aphrodite' and was transfixed. I said I hoped he would be happy with her. The next I heard was two evenings after when he rang my hotel room from Canada - I have no idea how he found the number and I was intent to get back out to do further pickling. He asked me if I would find a price of the same Kohaku - I replied by saying I thought he had already been given a price - he then said he wanted ME to get him a price. I did not have time the following day but the next night he's on the phone and screaming at me for not making this a priority - I passed by Dainichi the next day and spotted the Koi by his description - a heart on one flank. I did not need to inspect the Koi, I only needed a price, Futoshi asked me 4.5m yen and I came away. The phone was ringing before I entered my room that night and he was on the line.
    "How Much' said he.
    '4.5m plus 50,000yen growing for one year' says I.
    'You mean 500,000yen growing for one year?' says he.
    'No I mean 50,000yen' says I 'It's the standard cost'.
    'Buy it now' says he.
    'Plus my commission on 4.5m' dsays I.
    'Buy it now' says he.
    'Not without payment' says I.
    The silence was deafening.
    'How to get the money to you?' came the question.
    'By bank transfer' says I.
    The money arrived a week later and so did the evening calls - every night bang on time.
    I bought Aphrodite from Dainichi as requested.
    Now all this is before you had even heard of the name Kostie Killas dear boy.
    It was only six months later he told me that he'd been quoted by his US dealer 10.5m for said Koi plus 500,000yen for one year's growing.
    That was only the beginning dear boy. The wronged Canadian had one Dainichi Showa he'd purchased via the same dealer two years earlier - he told us all how staggeringly incredible she was on many occasions and was the only one Koi in his pond at home. Eventually he persuaded Masaru Saito to take her back and grow her for some years in his mud ponds. No Koi were allowed back into Japan at the time but we did find a way. Then came the problem of the fact he could not bear to handle fish!
    More dear boy
    Eventually, Dennis flew to Canada and packed the Koi. Saito San picked it up at Narita (400 mile return drive) and put it in one inside pond.
    I saw the legend four months later - Saito san and I looked at each other in disbelief - Toshio passed by some days later and, after looking briefly, asked me - 'Miyakoya auction Peter san - how much this Koi?'
    I said 'Go-man?' (50,000yen). He agreed.
    Then came the following autumn when KK seriously recommended Saito san to buy his Koi at his cost price.
    I dare not mention the cost price.
    KK seriously believed that he had the means to make investments in Koi and thus serious profit. He'd failed on wine but thought this was a wide open opportunity never considered before.
    As I recall he had some other Koi in Niigata he'd paid 500,000yen per year growing.
    He believed his Aphrodite would go on to win the All-Japan and he would sell her for billions.
    As far as I know, Aphrodite is still there - 10 years later?
    I believe I introduced you to KK along with all the other friends you mention - strange they do not have the same recollections of the chain of events as you seem to have?

Of course I could have made all this up in a flash?

Now listen little man, you are stepping close to the mark and I am getting tired of your personal attacks on me. Please remember, always remember - I hold the aces.

But then, I am an English gentleman.

You never filled me in regarding 'pervious'?

Waddy.

Now we are bringing up names of hobbyist who probably dont want their names to be mentioned....As much of respect that I have for both you I think we need to end this thread before the ugliness becomes uglier.

Tony

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Now we are bringing up names of hobbyist who probably dont want their names to be mentioned....As much of respect that I have for both you I think we need to end this thread before the ugliness becomes uglier.

Tony
    Tony, while I agree with you, there is only one person (well mainly) on this thread who is bringing up the past.

I've labelled him as Waddy's number 1 fan , he's probably frantically looking up magazine articles right now to 'question' yet another thing about Peter's past, not only will this happen, but then a question about Peters sobriety (not that this has anything to do with a filter), then it will get personal again, and then Peter will get warned about being to aggressive... this thread is like a soap opera. I should get the rights and make a film.

On a side note, and JasPR, I am not trying to be an ass, but you keep on asking Peter for an apology, yet you on Page 32 asked him to 'Square' things up with 'Steve C' who also has appeared in this thread stated that there was no bad feelings between them both, don't you owe him a apology for that....

I am not going to be as naive as not to believe there are two sides to every story, but it's the stories that should NOT be brought up on a forum and COMPLETELY of topic. And it amazes me why you haven't been warned, and asked to stop this. Sorry admins/moderators, I am not trying to tell you your jobs, but it does seem very one sided which I can't help feel is about post count and the amount of time you've served on this board (to which i am sure you've helped countless people) compared to us 'anons'.

Andy

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by Andydon View Post
    ............compared to us 'anons'.
    Hi Andy,

I'm sorry to veer so very far off-topic, but I have seen this term "anons" used now several times. I must confess I do not know what it means. Can you clue me in?

Thanks!

Daihonmei
    Ok, guys , I'm done. Carry on---- JR

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast