Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiro Omosako

Shiro Omosako

I propose to see the best nisai Shiro 2009 from Omosako

ATB video tv 2.00

enjoy

Daihonmei
    Yiks! Getting too kawari ( karasu clan) looking for my tastes! Beautiful fish no doubt, but something other than shiro in atmosphere--
    Sashi and kiwa-less is a kawari trait. JR

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Yiks! Getting too kawari ( karasu clan) looking for my tastes! Beautiful fish no doubt, but something other than shiro in atmosphere--
    Sashi and kiwa-less is a kawari trait. JR

It' is a nisai not finish, tats is the interesting kind of this fish, good future potential

don't look a fish for watt he is today, but well for watt he can bee in the future

Daihonmei
    Really?! So tell me, what part of this fish is not finished and what makes this particular fish a tategoi? JR

Tosai
    I agree. A very pretty koi, but not typical shiro patterning. Especially the head marking. Looks more like kumonryu or matsu. Is it just coincidence, or could he be crossing something here?

Bryan
    Last edited by bryzkoi; 12-26-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: used wrong word

Daihonmei
    That's an interesting question. I once owned a fish like this ( it actually won GC at a major koi show) and I always wondered about it's true genetics. This fish pictured is a 'classier' fish than mine was and of a higher quality but it was also an omosako fish. I'll see if I can find a picture to post--
    I can tell you that a friend of mine imported Sakai SSF and Omosako fish in the early part of the 1990s and the majority were very classic shiro utsuri ( wrapped showa like sumi). But a few seemed 'different' in atmosphere.

It's any breeders prerogative, of course, to use any fish he wants in his program. And there is NO question that the shiro utsuri has a decade plus ago left the genetic level of ki and hi utsuri. Most of us credited that rise in skin and color to close breeding with higher class gosanke. But could combinations of karasu clan fish be used to intensify the black and white ( a different type of white mutation gene)?? Don't know--

But I can tell you that my shiro had that unusual highly defined sumi ( especially on the head like this fish) and also had a bright, hard white shiro ground . The same hard white you see on certain strains of Goromo.
    Do you know that bright hard white look on certain color combinations in goromo ( usually an odd tint to the beni also)? JR

Would be interesting to see photo as Tosai and also in another year as Sansai. This type of flowery pattern on the head can often be unstable. Is this shiro still growing at Omosako? What was the lenght?

Daihonmei
    Yes, I don't really wish to pick on our Belgium friend, but I'm not sure what he is seeing? This fish is 80 plus% finished and is in the 'twilight' of being tategoi! JR

this fish go begin next year in UK, if i remember me, he is 48cm

the most problem with the shiro is the stability of the head pattern, it is the place xhere you can see the most change in time, you can see good pics of the evolution of shiro in the website of Omosako

Daihonmei
    Yep I saw it on koiphen and immediately was thinking it missed the boat as to being an utsuri...
    the two horns coming from the dorsal sumi plate shows the lack of the "mountains" coming up from the sides
    and the fact that there is no ichimatsu

A healthy pretty fish but the best would have an utsuri pattern..ot at the very least no have an un-utsuri pattern

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast