Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Ballou Filter from 1989!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh waddy?

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    yeah/
    My Little love turtledove...the thing you failed to grasp is that Edison immediately knew that he had not invented the lightbulb and did not tell the consumer a bald faced lie. he stated that when someone said he had invented a suitable lightbulb....he denied it.
    Waddy will have you believe he has just now invented the lightbulb. Thomas Edison did not find a lightbulb being used in Japan 20 years ago, use it in the USA, then think he had improved on it and thus discarded it, and then 20 years later dusted it off, and claim he invented it.
    As I clearly have shown...the 20 year old Ballou filter is all that Waddy is Selling now.
    Nothing personal or pointed at you here Luke but I have watched this "dribble" over "opinions" concernings filters throughout this thread (by many), on this board, and even other boards. Frankly, they are simply personal attacks at Peter. The facts are as follows:

There are MANY types of filters for koi ponds and each have their own positives and negatives.

The multi chamber system that Luke labeled as the Ballou filter was not designed by Burt. Truth be known, the original, so many years ago was in fact designed by Peter and then first mass produced in the UK and only later came to the US (and then included in the AKCA koi pond and filter guides).

People tend to support the filters that they choose and as much of that support is based on ego as in the functionality of that specific type/brand of filter.

Many critics of one filter or another can also typically come from the mis use/improper installation of that filter (any filter) as well.

Once one fully understands filter mechanics (which many do not) then a more informed position can made.

I am not going to get drawn into the ERIC bashing. I will say that I have absolutely no doubt that the filter itself performs as described when set up as described....as does a Nexus, as does a Bakki Shower and many other types/brands of filters.

Is there some "Marketing" done in describing an ERIC? Of Course! But then again, what filter hasn't? The Bakki Shower with its Far Infarred Rays? LOL Now that was "Marketing"!

Kinda sad to see one hit anon wonders come in and stir the pot on a dead thread, just to watch the "piling on" to begin again.
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Daihonmei
    Waddy duid not invent the raceway filter....he did not develop any of the components...he may have decided which order to place what available media there was....and then he abandoned it because anyone could make one.
    That is when he became the true entrepeneur and developed a filter that could only be purchased from him and his business associates...but for some reason he has abandoned them and now gone back to the raceway filter, and now he pitches it as superior to the nexxus and the EAsy..it appears to be that Waddy's opinion is based on how much money he can make by having it.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Nothing

Is there some "Marketing" done in describing an ERIC? Of Course! But then again, what filter hasn't? The Bakki Shower with its Far Infarred Rays? LOL Now that was "Marketing"!
    was I correct when I deciphered the Kodama/Kato article in Jan/Feb KoiUSA...Kato believes in the far-infrared rays?

Honmei
    Waddy duid not invent the raceway filter....he did not develop any of the components...he may have decided which order to place what available media there was....and then he abandoned it because anyone could make one.
    That is when he became the true entrepeneur and developed a filter that could only be purchased from him and his business associates...but for some reason he has abandoned them and now gone back to the raceway filter, and now he pitches it as superior to the nexxus and the EAsy..it appears to be that Waddy's opinion is based on how much money he can make by having it.
    Luke, What I stated was the truth. You are correct in that he did not invent raceway filtration, but modelled an "off the shelf filter system" after the raceways style filters in the Japanses koi houses. The reason he moved away from them is becuase he introduced the multi chambered vortex systems which is another superior type of filtration system. with chambered, cartridged, airated J-Mat.

Of course you are entitled to your opinions of Peter as are ithers of you for that matter. But, I simply throw out some additional facts that seem to be overlooked and based on your opinion you state of Peter (verses pros of cons of the ERIC), that my ortiginal conclusion regarding these threads was correct. They are not about filtration but simply a bash fest at Peter himself.
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    Luke, What I stated was the truth. You are correct in that he did not invent raceway filtration, but modelled an "off the shelf filter system" after the raceways style filters in the Japanses koi houses. The reason he moved away from them is becuase he introduced the multi chambered vortex systems which is another superior type of filtration system. with chambered, cartridged, airated J-Mat.

Of course you are entitled to your opinions of Peter as are ithers of you for that matter. But, I simply throw out some additional facts that seem to be overlooked and based on your opinion you state of Peter (verses pros of cons of the ERIC), that my ortiginal conclusion regarding these threads was correct. They are not about filtration but simply a bash fest at Peter himself.
    Funny, but this is one of the reasons I decided to go for PW's ERIC- the very huge FUSS being made about it! (Plus, of course, the mathematical certainty that it will work) But why make such a todo about a filter that is not a valid option???

I hate bash fests, myself...they always tend to convince me to lean towards the side of the "bashed." I have seldom been proved wrong in this tendency,
    and since all modern filter systems are acceptable and a matter of choice, why not go for the one that everyone seems to hate and fear???

Suzy

Daihonmei
    yes Schilders it is a "bash fest" against PW. Only on the issue of how much truth is coming from him.
    the main sticking points are he chooses to "bash" all other filtration systems regardless of facts. Even ones that as little as 3 years ago he endorsed OVER raceway filtration...he even believes that your idea that a vortex chamber before the raceway is not as good as the simple raceway (and I agree with him there because His maintenance schedule is DAILY and therefore the brushes should never be clogged, and the chamber is completely dumped, so any negatively bouyant particulate is flushed with the "10 second pull"). But therein lies the rub..he has not provided proof that a ten second pull is going to be all that is going to be needed.
    So it is PW's Sales Strategy that is under scrutiny. If you remember, if not it is plainly there in the thread...I told Peter he could quiet most of the pessimists if he would provide a video of the "ten second pull".
    He went off on a tangent about how difficult that would be and how no one would believe it...what we do not believe is that PW has not created "hype" and not fact concerning the WAD Filter...and that he wants all that read his site to "run away" from all other filter sales people and come to Uncle Waddy's.

Honmei
    yes Schilders it is a "bash fest" against PW. Only on the issue of how much truth is coming from him.
    the main sticking points are he chooses to "bash" all other filtration systems regardless of facts. Even ones that as little as 3 years ago he endorsed OVER raceway filtration...he even believes that your idea that a vortex chamber before the raceway is not as good as the simple raceway (and I agree with him there because His maintenance schedule is DAILY and therefore the brushes should never be clogged, and the chamber is completely dumped, so any negatively bouyant particulate is flushed with the "10 second pull"). But therein lies the rub..he has not provided proof that a ten second pull is going to be all that is going to be needed.
    So it is PW's Sales Strategy that is under scrutiny. If you remember, if not it is plainly there in the thread...I told Peter he could quiet most of the pessimists if he would provide a video of the "ten second pull".
    He went off on a tangent about how difficult that would be and how no one would believe it...what we do not believe is that PW has not created "hype" and not fact concerning the WAD Filter...and that he wants all that read his site to "run away" from all other filter sales people and come to Uncle Waddy's.

OK Luke,
    You confirmed my point.
    CKHPA

Thats enough of this thread as well.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617