Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ballou Filter from 1989!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh waddy?

Banned
    Videos are for folks who haven't learned to read.

Daihonmei
    Honestly I can read the guy like a book. It's spooky actually. I,I, I, me, me me -- this is the story of the self promotor before us folks. Waddy's fundamental preposition is to establish himself as the ONLY one who understands anything and we are lucky he is within our mists. This is a fatal character flaw. Because certainly new people to the hobby are innocent and ignorant initially, but they learn. Just in this short time I have seen green horns really 'get it' once studying koi for a few years in a serious way. Some are more gifted than others of course but the knowledge level rises and one sees the clouds start to part.
    Waddy perfers to believe the model that people who learn soon bore and leave the hobby ( often with his 'help') while a fresh crop, prime for the picking, appear every year. That is his business model. But for the rest of us intermediate and advanced hobbyists who have stayed---
    In the words of a great philosopher--- " please don't pee down my back and tell me it is raining".

Waddy gets credit for adapting his idea ( along with Channing and that other fella from East London) for making concrete designs in fiberglass for mass production purposes. It was actually Bernard channing that gets the credit as he was a salesman for a fiberglass boat building company at the time when Peter was still traveling in group tours and Channing was forging out on his own in Japan. But I digress---
    Waddy gets credit for the adaptation- but not the principle! That credit is based in the existing hobby at the time and the Jmat was a product of Japan. Those are also facts.

The design works! It has lots of benefits! It's not 'new' however, as most ponds of the 1980s had this horizontal flow design and it was the Japanese that coined the term 'endless river'. It is the height of hubris for him to claim it as his own and actually makes no sense as it isn't a British term to begin with. So either he believes what he is saying and is dillusional and captive of his own legendary narcissism or he is doing his usually con and hoping that no one is still around to call him on it. You choose.
    JR little office boy

[QUOTE=Suzy;150167]Videos are for folks who haven't learned to read

Suzy so nice to hear from you. Remember you were going to be Cosette
    and You gave me the role of Therandier?
    Well as Therandier I would say " THE INTENTIONS MIGHT NOT BE CORRECT"
    Happy new Year to All
    Regards
    Eugene

Daihonmei
    Mon Cherie Suzzette,
    please Type the difference between the filter I have found for sale from 1989 and the Waddy Filter of 2009 that is supposedly the be all end all "advancement" in filtration...
    There is none..if it was "the be all end all" filter back then don't you think everyone would have one now?
    Anyone can make a simple raceway filter that will do everything a "Waddy crap catcher" will...the thing is they do work but there is no magical design as Waddy wants you to believe....as a matter of pure science..his "presentation of the need for the presice circumference and height of the bottom drain domes is so far away from any understanding of the physics of fluid mechanics that only the severely distressed and unintelligent would accept that Wad of BS.
    i will start another thread...as this one was just to show that the Waddy is not the Waddy...it is just a plain old raceway filter and has been around a long long time. and there is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Interesting.....very interesting....

Tategoi
    I disagree. All derogatory comments aside, videos and photographs are excellent means of conveying information and demonstrating just how something operates. The use of the short video clip, in fact, is becoming more and more commonplace among manufacturers of virtually every conceivable product -- partly due to the accessibility of the internet.

As has many times been said, "sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words."

Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    I disagree. All derogatory comments aside, videos and photographs are excellent means of conveying information and demonstrating just how something operates. The use of the short video clip, in fact, is becoming more and more commonplace among manufacturers of virtually every conceivable product -- partly due to the accessibility of the internet.

As has many times been said, "sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words."
    Very true....Happy New Year to all who are on this thread.

Daihonmei
    Right on. Happy New Year all, JR

Banned
    Video, I could care less. I can read, and even reason! And four friends here in France, plus my sister in southern California and three of her friends have ordered ERIC units for this spring-summer, based on three things:

1) Waddy's website and the careful reading of it
    2) Rave reviews from friends who have already installed ERIC in their ponds
    3) Guy who's had this much "todo" made about him must have something interesting to propose, and is a threat to someone(s) out there.

Tell you what- when I get my ERIC unit in March-April, I'll do a great movie with my pond guys "The Flushing of ERIC"- sure Oscar material. I doubt that Waddy will have the time, as he'll be busy building the things.

Happy New Year to all

Daihonmei
    Video, I could care less. I can read, and even reason! And four friends here in France, plus my sister in southern California and three of her friends have ordered ERIC units for this spring-summer, based on three things:

1) Waddy's website and the careful reading of it
    2) Rave reviews from friends who have already installed ERIC in their ponds
    3) Guy who's had this much "todo" made about him must have something interesting to propose, and is a threat to someone(s) out there.

Tell you what- when I get my ERIC unit in March-April, I'll do a great movie with my pond guys "The Flushing of ERIC"- sure Oscar material. I doubt that Waddy will have the time, as he'll be busy building the things.

Happy New Year to all
    let me paraphraze mon Cherie.
    "We (birds of a feather) all got Bullsh!tted by Waddy's self-grandizement, and his skillful salesmanship...and I still believe it. And I believe i am going to be able to do what Waddy can not.

Mon Cherie,
    No one hear ever said that the filter waddy is pretending is the best thing since sliced bread is not a creation from themind of the Wadsterino...it is just a raceway filter...if you wash the brushes every day you should have good water...but it ain't anything special till waddy blows enough smoke up your butt to get you thinking it is.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast