Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: 2010 ajks

2010 ajks

What's the word on the Street ? Any Ringers this year & from which Breeder ?

I'll stick with a Sanke again this year from Momotaro .

Jumbo
    There is plenty of talk around regarding this year's AJKS.

Nogami's 2008 Nogyosai GC will be there, I was at it's harvest, it looks good.

There is also another Nogami Kohaku thats been at Narita Koi Farm since April 2009, I hear it's looking good.

There is a Dainichi Kohaku near 1m in length, again at Narita.

The Sakai Kohaku that won the Rinyukai show is a tip as well.

A heard a few other rumours as well but don't know the Koi.

Thanks for the tips Mark.

Any recent pics of these koi available?

Best,

Duc

Jumbo
    the only pics I have are of the Nogyosai GC, in just 4 weeks and 2 days time however we'll have a far better idea of what's been benched!! ;-)

Daihonmei
    I've kept koi with Narita for grow out and he does an amazing job. The First Koi America ( first US National show) was a sanke bred by Hiroi saji and grown out for size and girth by Narita San. It was a great competition, the judges ( ZNA, AKCA and the late Mr. Sakai) were split on two fish-- a shiro utsuri with an amazing body and super pattern, and the sanke with good bodyline but the pattern was a bit weak in the rear. So the judges decided to move the two finalists outside. When in the full sunlight ALL the judges that wanted the shiro switched their vote, Immediately! Why? the skin, luster, shiroji and finish on the sanke was unbelievable in that full light!
    Lat year the sanke died, quietly during the night. Thank you Narita San for an incredible result on a worthy fish and the pride and joy of my collection for many years. JR

With all the Health Issues Koi now seem to have , I find it interesting that a Breeder would "Grow-Out" anothers Koi on their Farm .

I know this happens all the time , but interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    I've kept koi with Narita for grow out and he does an amazing job. The First Koi America ( first US National show) was a sanke bred by Hiroi saji and grown out for size and girth by Narita San. It was a great competition, the judges ( ZNA, AKCA and the late Mr. Sakai) were split on two fish-- a shiro utsuri with an amazing body and super pattern, and the sanke with good bodyline but the pattern was a bit weak in the rear. So the judges decided to move the two finalists outside. When in the full sunlight ALL the judges that wanted the shiro switched their vote, Immediately! Why? the skin, luster, shiroji and finish on the sanke was unbelievable in that full light!
    Lat year the sanke died, quietly during the night. Thank you Narita San for an incredible result on a worthy fish and the pride and joy of my collection for many years. JR
    JR, could you post some pictures of your collection and your pond? You being a expert in pond design and koi, it would be nice to see the cream of the crop.