Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Koi Trek Champion - Congrats Lee A.

Jumbo

2009 Koi Trek Champion - Congrats Lee A.

...Lee A!!! Lee took honors at the Louisville show this past summer which qualified his wonderful Kohaku to compete in the Midwest Koi Trek 2009 Award!! CONGRATULATIONS LEE!!! I will somehow get in touch with you and arrange sending you the trophy. I would like to try to arrange to get a photo of you and the trophy for the AKCA article.

Four clubs participated in this 1st annual regional Grand Champion Award. Cheryl Childers donated the trophy (thank you Cheryl!!). There were 8 fish that qualified for the finals. GC and RGC from each of the following shows qualified: Indy, Louisville, Chicago and Minnesota. Our Judges were Pat and Larry Christensen. Due to a vigerous show schedule, a sick fish, the holidays and being sick, the decision was a bit delayed in comming.

The Christensens received video clips of each fish on disc taken by Dick Thomas (Indy). Thank you so much Dick for going to each of the shows, taking the video clips and ensuring each fish photographed were of equal time and photo quality. After each fish was videotaped they were placed on disc in random order and unidentified to the judges. As we all know judging from photos or even video is very difficult so my hat is off to the Christensens for taking on this project.

Runner ups were also outstanding examples of Koi and require mention here:

2nd Place: Kohaku owned by Kevin Karstens
    3rd place: Kohaku owned by Dick Thomas

The judges made mention of another qualifying koi that I wish to also mention:

They mentioned that the Sanke owned by Bryan and Bay Bateman had the best body of all fish submitted.

Hopefully I can get in touch with Lee soon and get a photo so I can get this article finished and sent off before it's time for another round of shows!!!

Attached is a photo of the 2009 Koi Trek Champion...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Koi Trek Champion - Congrats Lee A.-koi-trek-2009-champion.jpg  
    2010 Upper Midwest Koi Club Show
    AKCA 4th Annual Open Show
    July 31st, Aug 1st & 2nd, Minneapolis, MN
    http://www.umkoiclub.org/

Congratulations, Lee! 2009 was certainly a great year for you in the show ring.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring to Orlando in March. I've heard a rumor you might try for a repeat GC with the gorgeous Kohaku that took 2009 top honors. Has she really added more than 5cm? ...so far I'm aware of 3 others well over 80cm that are intended to be shown. I'm sure I don't know about others. Could be very competitive.

Congrat's Lee !!!

Having the First Koi Trek Champion come from my Home Show (Louisville) makes me Smile .

I remember Steve C. & I (Beer in Hand) talking about this Kohaku and the Power it Showed .

Congrat's to all 8 Koi & their Owners and Thank You Sue & Others for putting this Idea together .

Troy

MCA
    Way to go for all the clubs that tryed something innovative!!!! Write it up for KOIUSA!!!

Major congrats to our old friend Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Way to go for all the clubs that tryed something innovative!!!! Write it up for KOIUSA!!!

I agree on all counts!

Congrats Lee!

I'd love to see the pics of the 8 contenders ( 4 shows, GC and RGC from each) all posted together.

Steve
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Daihonmei
    Aaron
    Roll Tide... Congratulations, I'll let you take me to lunch at the Elite Cafe next time were both in Montgomery at the same time...
    War Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post

Dittos!!!!

Very cool... Congrats Lee A.

--Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    Aaron
    Roll Tide... Congratulations, I'll let you take me to lunch at the Elite Cafe next time were both in Montgomery at the same time...
    War Eagle.

This might be the only time you'll ever see "Roll Tide" & "War Eagle" in the same sentence , Well except if you read something like "A War Eagle Fan Killed a Roll Tide Fan Today" .

Lee
    Sansai

You have honoured the hobby and this particular fish...thank you!

Dear Sue,

My most humble respect and sincerest appreciation to all who participated in the granting of this award and the judging programme involved in the selection process.

However, as regards this particular fish. She is not mine.

This exceptional fish, unlike any other fish I have ever owned or have previously ever seen in all of my years in our hobby - she truly belongs to all whom like myself, 'seriously' love koi -

And, especially to those who hold respect for the breeders responsible who having bred this fish allowed me to purchase her and to Mr. Ray Abells and his unmatched mud ponds in Midlothian, as well as, his expert attention and caring...to have seen that this fish remains in unparalleled quality year after year, to remain the breathtaking fish which she continues to exemplify today.

My colleagues, if you have never seen this fish I sincerly hope you shall be given the opportunity - whilst she stlll retains the girth, the size and the manificence which she has now become...

...as, she will certainly take your breath away!

Again, Ms. Sue...and, each of those involved in the granting of this award, I am most seriously humbled. However, from the bottom of my heart the accolades belong to this magnificient kohaku. And, not just to me!

...with my respects,

Lee Aronfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast