Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: some computer advise please

Daihonmei

some computer advise please

I'm experiencing a problem on my desk top that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on?
    My Dell " India division" techs tell me I have a problem with my video card and must wipe my entire computer ( I have remote hard drive back up) so as to shed this problem. The problem is that when I use the mouse ( and any mouse including the built in one on the key board as well as a wired and logictech wireless) the pages advance one distinct wave or page at a time instead of a smooth scrolling down. Doesn't matter whether I use the bar arrows or the scrolling bar itself or the roller wheel on the mouse- its all the same- an awkward advancement down the page.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any diagnosis or education you can give. JR

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    I'm experiencing a problem on my desk top that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on?
    My Dell " India division" techs tell me I have a problem with my video card and must wipe my entire computer ( I have remote hard drive back up) so as to shed this problem. The problem is that when I use the mouse ( and any mouse including the built in one on the key board as well as a wired and logictech wireless) the pages advance one distinct wave or page at a time instead of a smooth scrolling down. Doesn't matter whether I use the bar arrows or the scrolling bar itself or the roller wheel on the mouse- its all the same- an awkward advancement down the page.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any diagnosis or education you can give. JR
    Jim,
    Not to say that the techs are wrong, but in Windows, I think there is an option to set how you want it to scroll (smooth vs page by page). I can't remember where though.
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Steve's advice is the only thing that comes to my mind.
    Not as tech savvy as I used to be, but I haven't heard of device conflicts like that in years, at least not on factory systems from Dell and the other majors. They pretty well get their windows device driver packages customized to match up the OS to the computer... What OS are you running, XP Office Pro or Windows 7? Knowing that won't help me, but it may help one of the real tech savvy guys around here.

Hello JR . . .

Sorry to hear India hasn't solved your problems short of a wipe.

If you have Windows XP, would be curious to know what the below results would show.

Click START button.

Click CONTROL PANEL

Double click MOUSE

Click BUTTONS tab

Does the proper Connected Device appear?

Click SCROLL tab

Is the Enable Vertical Scrolling box checked?
    What is the speed setting? (Slow, Med, Fast)

Click HARDWARE tab

Does the proper Device Name display?

Best wishes,