Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 All Japan Show - it's here folks

I would think the total miles might be a bit more but the route from the South to Niigata city should have less traffic not counting the terrible traffic mess encountered as you get within 50 miles of Tokyo so timewise might take even less time.

Jumbo
    The southern breeders have made many trips to Niigata over the years to Wakagoi and ZNA shows, all do so by road.

When in Tokyo some flew their Koi in, others drove them up.

I guess some may choose to fly into Niigata airport although I'm not sure which destinations it's connected with.

Mark,Ray...appreciate your thoughts, as i wondered what kind of additional planning it might take to get them there in great shape.

Any update Mark?

When fish will be entering for register?

BTW, Brian is on the way, hope Brian will take a lot of pictures and expect a good report from Brian as well....

--Dinh

Jumbo
    Dinh

The fish are all pre-entered, entry would have closed a couple of weeks back.

This afternoon pictures of all the entered Koi were attached to the vats, 20 female Gosanke in excess of 85cm!!

Amongst them:

1 x ZNA Grand Champion - also a top 5 Koi last year
    2 x Rinyukai Grand Champions - including this years, a hot tip to spoil the Niigata party
    1 x All Japan runner up from last year
    1 x Niigata Nogyosai Grand Champion - also a top 5 Koi last year
    1 x Nogami Kohaku that is not the Nogyosai Grand Champion - I was told a few weeks back it was looking great under the care of Narita

Let's just say, there is a serious set of Koi coming together again this year. Niigata Koi feature strongly in the 20 85cm+, it's no secret that everyone here is hoping that a Niigata Koi wins. Roll on 10.30am Friday and we'll all know.

Pictures of the 20 Koi, taken from the vat cards, can be seen at Niigata-Nishikigoi.com

Proper pictures of all 20, assuming they arrive, will be on the site tomorrow.
    Mark Gardner

Cool, ZNA Grand Champ is Momotaro fish... Is there any best known from Sakai FF, Sakai Isawa or Dainichi?

Quote Originally Posted by markgardner View Post
    Dinh

The fish are all pre-entered, entry would have closed a couple of weeks back.

This afternoon pictures of all the entered Koi were attached to the vats, 20 female Gosanke in excess of 85cm!!

Amongst them:

1 x ZNA Grand Champion - also a top 5 Koi last year
    2 x Rinyukai Grand Champions - including this years, a hot tip to spoil the Niigata party
    1 x All Japan runner up from last year
    1 x Niigata Nogyosai Grand Champion - also a top 5 Koi last year
    1 x Nogami Kohaku that is not the Nogyosai Grand Champion - I was told a few weeks back it was looking great under the care of Narita

Let's just say, there is a serious set of Koi coming together again this year. Niigata Koi feature strongly in the 20 85cm+, it's no secret that everyone here is hoping that a Niigata Koi wins. Roll on 10.30am Friday and we'll all know.

Pictures of the 20 Koi, taken from the vat cards, can be seen at Niigata-Nishikigoi.com

Proper pictures of all 20, assuming they arrive, will be on the site tomorrow.

Jumbo
    Dinh

All the pics are on the site, well known Koi from Sakai, Dainichi, Momotaro and Nogami. I think the first pic is also Dainichi, it's certainly sharing a vat with a Dainichi Sanke.

INC enter few Koi, if any these days.

Mark

Oh, just went over the site... Man, the first picture of GC potential is so ugly..;-)) Need to have a better pix .....;-))

Jumbo
    Like I say, proper pics will be available tomorrow when the Koi arrive.

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the great coverage. So much going on before and during this event. This show is also a venue for a ZNA judges seminar. I attended a few years ago. Any chance to take a few photos and do a post or two on the subject of this years seminar and the photos of the koi used for the judging exercise? Thank you for being our eyes and ears in Niigata city this weekend. Hope to attend this show next year.

Ray

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast