Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dainichi Kohaku Grand Champion....

Daihonmei
    dinh,
    the two pics you posted are just thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Dinh great looking kohaku with very deep beni, any idea what Dainichi bloodline this one is?
    Not so sure which Danichi bloodline it was... But surely I can check it out.
    Yoko was purchased 16 years ago thru Kodama. I think the young Dainichi generation using different parent stocks instead the same one as Yoko. I remember when Marudo came to town 6 years ago for a koi show, Marudo was looking at Yoko and said that he used the same Yoko's Dainichi bloodline for his breeding. And perhaps, he is the only one currently has the same Yoko's Dainichi bloodline for breeding....

--Dinh

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Yoko was purchased 16 years ago thru Kodama. I think the young Dainichi generation using different parent stocks instead the same one as Yoko. I remember when Marudo came to town 6 years ago for a koi show, Marudo was looking at Yoko and said that he used the same Yoko's Dainichi bloodline for his breeding. And perhaps, he is the only one currently has the same Yoko's Dainichi bloodline for breeding....

--Dinh
    Dinh do you know how old and how big this kohaku is?

--Dinh
    I rememeber that show Duke brought 2 fish as a exibition. One of a SFF SHowa which was bought through Kodoma and the Dainichi Kohaku. When it was brought to the states I think the Kohaku was already 6-7 if I am not mistaken.

Tony, you r correct, Yoko was entering to All Japan Shinkokai Show in 2002 in Tokyo to compete with all of the top-guns. Yoko was just just passed 80cm then, so she was registered in as Kohaku class of 85BU. At that jumbo size in Kohaku class, she was swimming in the same tank with some of the famous past All Japan Champions that we all might have seen in Nichirin or Rinko magazines. She won the Second Championship in Kohaku Class 85BU against 45 other jumbo Kohaku. That year a world-record and only 101cm Sanke won the Grand Champion. Hope your guys still remember that.

Tom, Yoko was 81cm at 2002 All Japan Show. She was 91 cm in 2007...

Yoko was bought in 1997 at age of 2 and 1/2 years old. Here is the picture of Yoko when she was 2 1/2 yrs. Enjoys folks..

--Dinh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Kohaku Grand Champion....-yokoat2andhalfyrsold.jpg  

Tony, you r correct, Yoko was entering to All Japan Shinkokai Show in 2002 in Tokyo to compete with all of the top-guns. Yoko was just just passed 80cm then, so she was registered in as Kohaku class of 85BU. At that jumbo size in Kohaku class, she was swimming in the same tank with some of the famous past All Japan Champions that we all might have seen in Nichirin or Rinko magazines. She won the Second Championship in Kohaku Class 85BU against 45 other jumbo Kohaku. That year a world-record and only 101cm Sanke won the Grand Champion. Hope your guys still remember that.

Tom, Yoko was 81cm at 2002 All Japan Show. She was 91 cm in 2007...

Yoko was bought in 1997 at age of 2 and 1/2 years old. Here is the picture of Yoko when she was 2 1/2 yrs. Enjoys folks..

--Dinh
    I think what would have been the greatest Gardena Show ever would have Duke brought out Yoko then to go against Flips best in variety Sanke it would have been a show to see.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I think what would have been the greatest Gardena Show ever would have Duke brought out Yoko then to go against Flips best in variety Sanke it would have been a show to see.
    Your imagination is very good... That would be a greatest show in USA.

I saw both great koi in person.... It's hard to tell how the Judges could cast their votes... In any way, I always feel so attach to Yoko...I think Yoko is the bestest Kohaku in more than 40 years of USA Nishikigoi History..

--Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Dinh great looking kohaku with very deep beni, any idea what Dainichi bloodline this one is?
    OK Tom,

Yoko Dainichi Kohaku is the cross of Tomoin & Manzo (male) with Sensuke (female) bloodlines. These are very old and original kohaku lineage.

--Dinh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12