Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone familiar with this product . . .

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post

Ken at Eastern used them to pack our fish last November -- so not too long and not too hot.
    Give Ken a call and ask him? What color is the contents? Elbagin is a yellow powder. I doubt a whole bag of it would come with fish.

Honmei
    I think you just figured out how Ken imports this product! LOL

This, like the other two packaging forms of Elbagin, do not meet US mandated labeling laws for resale. Its not illegal to bring it in for personal use but I wuld suspect that resale would be an issue?
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by schildkoi View Post
    I think you just figured out how Ken imports this product! LOL

?
    Ah Ha, Smart buss man that Ken.

Jumbo
    It looks likeis product for koi.

(Product name)

Oral agents: dispersant
    Nifurasuchin scattered fisheries
    Fisheries Nifurusuchiren acid 10% "KMK"
    Fisheries acid Nifurusuchiren 100 "Riken"
    Nifurusuchiren acid for fish100 "Riken"

Product NameUpdatedJanuary 31, 2008100 Nifurusuchiren acid for fish "Riken"Common NameSide information NoDate ApprovedJune 7, 2006Type ApprovalPharmaceuticalsNotification Date Name of manufacturer and sellerOf Animal Medicine Co., RIKENAppointed sales agents Segment preparationNitrofuran preparationsAgent type classificationDispersant size (quasi-containing granules dispersant)Regulatory classificationFor drugsLifetime
    Ingredient1Sodium Nifurusuchiren10g/100g
    Therapeutic categorySodium formulations NifurusuchirenPackaging unit0.5g ~ 50g aluminum deposited PET airtight plastic bag enclosing
    0.5g × 4 / Box, 1g × 10 / Box, 5g × 10 / Box, 5g × 20 / Box, 10g × 2 / Box, 10g × 10 / Box, 50g × 20 / Box, 50g × 2 / Box, 50g × 10 / Box
    Route of administration1Chemical bath
    Target animalFishMinimum use / drug holidays EfficacyMortality of fish diseases caused by bacteria following Nifurusuchiren sodium sensitivity.

Fish for carp, crucian carp, goldfish: Aeromonas infection (disease perforated, vertical scale disease, diabetes Sure), Columnaris (gill rot, tail rot, mouth rot)
    Freshwater Tropical Fish: ColumnarisDosageWed 100L bask dissolved by following the drug per drug. Bath tub drugs do to set up a breeding tank outside its own medicine.

Fish for carp, crucian carp, goldfish
    -------------------------------
    Bath time for the amount of drug
    ------------------------ ------
    The drug 5 ~ 10g (as sodium Nifurusuchiren 0.5 ~ 1g) 4 hours
    Drug 1 ~ 2g (as sodium Nifurusuchiren 0.1 ~ 0.2g) 24 hours

Freshwater tropical fish
    Bath time for the amount of drug
    Drug 1g (as sodium Nifurusuchiren 0.1g) 24 hours
    ------------------------------- Precautions[Note] General
    1. Adhering to this drug is prescribed dosage.
    Two. In using this drug, and to stop the administration of the minimum period necessary for the treatment of indications, over the week-long continuous administration can not.
    Three. The drug is used only to treat the indications stated in efficacy.

[Note to the employer]
    1. By using a mask when handling it, glasses, and using gloves, and careful not to adhere to the skin and eyes and inhalation can be used with caution.
    Two. After use, when attached to the skin or use of, washed well with soap, water十分U to see the town.

[Note to the target animal]
    1) Restrictions
    1. The drug is for carp fish, carp can not be used for goldfish and other freshwater tropical fish.
    Two. Ancient fish, the fish are sensitive to drugs and to avoid the use catfish.

2) Notice Application
    1. Fish safety tests conducted
    Carp, crucian carp, goldfish, Platy, Guppy, Angelfish, Guramii
    Two. Fish not directly applied to the drug. The fish do not adhere to this drug may be administered with caution.

[Handling]
    1. Be used immediately after opening.
    Two. Drug use should not be used repeatedly.
    Three. After using chemicals, the waste from the sunlight and left to one day.
    Four. Aquatic plants could die because the drug, chemical tank can not enter.
    Five. If you set up a chemical filtration tank, the activated carbon filter media and gravel and zeolite adsorption is not highly used, the use of weak adsorption.
    Six. After water is treated by this drug, may have clouded the efficacy and safety is no problem.

[Note on the store]
    1. Direct sunlight can be stored away from high temperature and high humidity.
    Two. That you keep out of the reach of children.
    Three. To store food and to distinguish them.Storage methodSave the shadeNotes
    Whether ruminant-derived materialYes derived material Name derived materialAnimal-derived materialMaterial derived from the country of originMaterial derived from organs such as name1LactoseCattleCanadaMilk

Close

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Give Ken a call and ask him?
    Shucks, Steve: That would be TOO easy.

Smile

Hey,
    Lets get this mystery solved. I am haveing a hard time sleeping at work thinking about what you found in that koi box . For health reasons I will check back here when I get off work today. Thought we forgot ?
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Hey,
    Lets get this mystery solved. I am haveing a hard time sleeping at work thinking about what you found in that koi box . For health reasons I will check back here when I get off work today. Thought we forgot ?
    LOL Can't have that on my back, Louie.

UPDATE: Took the pack to the San Diego show and showed it to Henry Nakamura (Asahi Koi), Andy Moo (Andrew's International Koi) and Taro Kodama (Kodama Koi Farm), but no one was familiar with it.

Taro translated it as "Sodium Nifurstyrenate 10%" mfg. by Riken.

Dang! Will have to check with Ken after all.

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Hey,
    Louie
    the Japanese letters on the bag says 水産用ニフルスチレン酸100 「リケン」, translation in English-> Fisheries acid Nifurusuchiren 100 "Riken"③ on post #10.

According to the description, this product is for gliding bacteria of Pleuronectiformes fish fry but not for koi.

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    LOL Can't have that on my back, Louie.

UPDATE: Took the pack to the San Diego show and showed it to Henry Nakamura (Asahi Koi), Andy Moo (Andrew's International Koi) and Taro Kodama (Kodama Koi Farm), but no one was familiar with it.

Taro translated it as "Sodium Nifurstyrenate 10%" mfg. by Riken.

Dang! Will have to check with Ken after all.
    Don that is NOT Elbagin, Ken does not smuggle it in that way ... It looks like the packs they use for keeping the fish cool... But hey what do I know

Finally made it by Eastern and showed the pack to Hung, who confirmed it's Elbagin -- same strength, same instructions for use, just a different mfg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12