Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omosako Grow, who still has theirs?

we still have ours also, I think # 136. This is last fall and it was 19"/48 cm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Omosako Grow, who still has theirs?-omosako-shiro-utsuri-3-yo-19-48-cm-103109-small.jpg  

Gee Bob, ours are about as close to twins as they could get. The face on 51 is a touch heavier, but that's pretty much the only diff. Looks like living in the "great indoors" is treating her sumi just fine

I still have all 5 of mine. Most are in the 18-20" range. Some have brilliant white but my first pick still has a lot of yellow. She is definitely female so I'm waiting it out.

I'll be moving them in the next month so I'll take pics then.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Gee Bob, ours are about as close to twins as they could get. The face on 51 is a touch heavier, but that's pretty much the only diff. Looks like living in the "great indoors" is treating her sumi just fine
    Yep, sounds like it for sure... The whites are very nice on this group... would love to get to Omosako someday and see his 2 and older tategoi and adults.... Was hoping for this year, but it looks like a unlikely possibility at this time.

Ours is a little piggy, but I wondered about the growth rate ie the length...Shape is plenty full. Sounds like many other growouts are in that same range ....well, maybe not Bill's.... Still being patient with the growth of this one for a bit longer, although it is among the smaller ones in the pond..
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Yep, sounds like it for sure... The whites are very nice on this group... would love to get to Omosako someday and see his 2 and older tategoi and adults.... Was hoping for this year, but it looks like a unlikely possibility at this time.

Ours is a little piggy, but I wondered about the growth rate ie the length...Shape is plenty full. Sounds like many other growouts are in that same range ....well, maybe not Bill's.... Still being patient with the growth of this one for a bit longer, although it is among the smaller ones in the pond..
    Hey Bob - how about some updates on your pond? How are things working? Some new pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    Hey Bob - how about some updates on your pond? How are things working? Some new pics?
    Things are great!, thnx for asking... Temps ramping up now after the winter fast... 62F today... Biggest koi is the Marusei Chagoi... almost 34" last fall. Mural almost done (how many times have I said that?) she just has the koi to paint... We are painting our favorite koi in the pond that extends onto the floor. When it gets done (she promised by the end of 2009... hmmm) I will post pix.

Biggest complaint.. the humidity... always a problem at the coldest time of winter... may even have to repaint soon at this 3 year mark... looking for a better solution than the dehumidifiers we have in there now.

Sansai
    Good too hear about your update Bob. I remember when your hgtv show first aired and still have it on my dvr. To this day it is the only show I have ever seen detailing a real koi pond build on TV. Everything else is a joke.
    Did you ever forgive them for your pond initiation at the end of the show?

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Good too hear about your update Bob. I remember when your hgtv show first aired and still have it on my dvr. To this day it is the only show I have ever seen detailing a real koi pond build on TV. Everything else is a joke.
    Did you ever forgive them for your pond initiation at the end of the show?

Nah I'm still pissed I figure sooner or later one of those 5 will walk close to the pond and i will be there for payback I can be patient...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Biggest complaint.. the humidity... always a problem at the coldest time of winter... may even have to repaint soon at this 3 year mark... looking for a better solution than the dehumidifiers we have in there now.
    You might want to do some investigating on a possible clear coat finish to protect your mural, etc... There are some pretty durable materials available that could protect your paint job from the moisture without changing the finish

I still have #81. Slow growth, under 16" I think. Probably male according to growth rate. It does have the bright white. I'm still hoping the face will clear up a bit.
    Pictures about 6 weeks away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast