Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omosako Grow, who still has theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    You might want to do some investigating on a possible clear coat finish to protect your mural, etc... There are some pretty durable materials available that could protect your paint job from the moisture without changing the finish
    Yep, that's the plan.... if I can ever get the mural finished....It's like pullin' teeth I tell ya! Luckily againt that wall, there doesn't seem to be as much humidity on the walls compared to further out in the pond room... and it is those areas of the main paint color that are starting to peel.

Daihonmei
    If you put a (radiant) space heater on the OTHER SIDE of the wall with the painting and it raises the temp the smallest amount on the painting's side then humidity should NOT be a problem on that wall.

Quote Originally Posted by luke frisbee View Post
    If you put a (radiant) space heater on the OTHER SIDE of the wall with the painting and it raises the temp the smallest amount on the painting's side then humidity should NOT be a problem on that wall.
    There 3 heaters in the room, and 2 dehumidifiers... Interesting point about the heat on the OTHER side of the wall... since the wall with the mural is the "house wall", that may be the reason for less problems there, while outside walls are colder... Hmm... what to do about that? The time there is a problem is of course during the coldest part of winter.. 9 months of the year no problem.

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    There 3 heaters in the room, and 2 dehumidifiers... Interesting point about the heat on the OTHER side of the wall... since the wall with the mural is the "house wall", that may be the reason for less problems there, while outside walls are colder... Hmm... what to do about that? The time there is a problem is of course during the coldest part of winter.. 9 months of the year no problem.

Logic and understanding...if that one wall is just a small amount wamer than the other surfaces in the room the moisture will condense on the other surfaces Much more readily
    If that wall is warmer than the air in the room then No moisture from the air will condense on it no matter what, as when the air in the room comes close to it the air warms up, and is able to hold its moisture aloft.

Outside walls, plenty of glass no doubt, condensations "hotspot" no matter what...

Something you might consider to minimize it would be to circulate warm air from the ceiling DOWN across the wall toward the floor. I don't know the layout of your HVAC duct work, but driving warm air down the exterior wall will cause the coolest area to be at the floor and may not only wick moisture off the wall, but cause the condensation to take place on the floor tile instead. You might talk it over with your heat and air guy to see what he thinks..
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

No HVAC in the buildings unfortunately. I am open other ideas.

Banned

Smile

[QUOTE=Bob Winkler;155149) I am open other ideas.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob,

May I suggest you to reduce your indoor pond’s water temperature?

My indoor pond is heated as well as my outdoor pond. I set my indoor pond’s water temperature “between” 17.5 degree C to 19 degree C. I don’t seem to have any problem on condensation. I am also running one Whirlpool Dehumidifier with 70 litres capacity. The dehumidifier is set on auto and is running at 24 hours non-stop. However Vancouver’s winter may not be as cold as yours but I am prepared to reduce my indoor pond’s water temperature lower if it is necessary.

Derrick

Quote Originally Posted by koi2kichi View Post
    Hi Bob,

May I suggest you to reduce your indoor pond’s water temperature?

My indoor pond is heated as well as my outdoor pond. I set my indoor pond’s water temperature “between” 17.5 degree C to 19 degree C. I don’t seem to have any problem on condensation. I am also running one Whirlpool Dehumidifier with 70 litres capacity. The dehumidifier is set on auto and is running at 24 hours non-stop. However Vancouver’s winter may not be as cold as yours but I am prepared to reduce my indoor pond’s water temperature lower if it is necessary.

Derrick
    Hi Derrick et al,

I am going to reply on the thread for my pond build so as not to hijack this thread any more from it's original purpose of Omosako Growout...

Bob

omosako grow outs..

I still have mine....and i just got the pond uncovered....I will post some update pics in a few weeks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123