Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Dainichi Visits Texas

Dainichi Visits Texas

We had our annual visit from Mano San, AKA DAINICHI, today and I had a great time. There were a couple of seminars, one was Dainichi's new Hotaru Sanke. He also brought many gosanke for us.

A dozen of us had a growout contest w/ Dainichi's new sanke and I'll post about that later.

I didn't take many pics, hope others will post theirs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Visits Texas-picture-372s.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-picture-373t.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-picture-395t.jpg  

I didn't take many pics either...But here are a few. What a great group of folks and a great group of koi! I appreciate the invite...It was a terrific time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Visits Texas-post2.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-post4.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-post9.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-post10.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-post14.jpg  

Dainichi Visits Texas-post15.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-post3.jpg  

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamil4ton View Post
    I didn't take many pics either...But here are a few. What a great group of folks and a great group of koi! I appreciate the invite...It was a terrific time.
    Admit it John everything is BIGGER and BETTER in Texas!! That includes the people's love for the hobby and of course the KOI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    Admit it John everything is BIGGER and BETTER in Texas!! That includes the people's love for the hobby and of course the KOI!!!
    You won't get any arguement from this Texas guy....I'll admit it proudly!

A few more for grins.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-003_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-009_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-027_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-034_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-043_001.jpg  

Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-046_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-048_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-049_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-052_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-058_001.jpg  

A couple extras.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-059_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-067_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-068_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-071_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-075_001.jpg  

Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-084_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-093_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-095_001.jpg   Dainichi Visits Texas-moto-kara-2010-097_001.jpg  

What a super time was had by everyone lucky enough to attend the Dainichi koi sale and seminars in Houston yesterday. Koi Kichi from all over Texas and as far away as Chicago and Southern California were able to buy some specially selected koi by Shigeru and listen to three seminars discussing the importance of conformation, skin and color quality. While the topics were pretty advanced everyone was focused on learning from one of this generations koi masters. Since Shigru speaks english very well it was even more informative.

Transparent beni anyone??

I was very pleased with the two year old kohaku I broght home. From the XJR bloodline. Not a great pattern but the skin and color quality areamazing. Hope my care will do her credit.

Special thanks to Shigeru Mano, Ron Goforth, and the ZNA MKK club for hosting this event and inviting koi clubs from all over Texas to attend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Visits Texas-dianichi2yrs-xjr-52cm-04-10_edited-1.jpg  
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    What a super time was had by everyone lucky enough to attend the Dainichi koi sale and seminars in Houston yesterday. Koi Kichi from all over Texas and as far away as Chicago and Southern California were able to buy some specially selected koi by Shigeru and listen to three seminars discussing the importance of conformation, skin and color quality. While the topics were pretty advanced everyone was focused on learning from one of this generations koi masters. Since Shigru speaks english very well it was even more informative.

Transparent beni anyone??

I was very pleased with the two year old kohaku I broght home. From the XJR bloodline. Not a great pattern but the skin and color quality areamazing. Hope my care will do her credit.

Special thanks to Shigeru Mano, Ron Goforth, and the ZNA MKK club for hosting this event and inviting koi clubs from all over Texas to attend.
    Nothing wrong with the pattern on her. Stunning koi. Wait till she gets over 75cm - the contrast between the shiro and the hi will be great on that pattern.