Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ogata Showa

Ogata Showa

This 10" Showa has caught my eye. I would like to hear your thoughts and comments on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ogata Showa-cn-10-ogata.jpg  

You have a 3 colored koi with 2 colors finished or almost finished . Do you think those 2 colors will still look like they do now when that 3rd color finally finishes ?

So what on this Showa "Caught" your Eye ?

Headache, I am not exactly sure. So I put the picture up for discussion. On the dealer page there are several pictures of other fish, but this one keeps drawing my eye. It might simply be that I find the placement of the hi pleasing. I would prefer the sumi to be more developed.

Colors and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    You have a 3 colored koi with 2 colors finished or almost finished . Do you think those 2 colors will still look like they do now when that 3rd color finally finishes ?

I don't ask to question, but to gain enlightenment. How do you know the colors aren't finished and how do you know when the colors are finished?

[QUOTE=HEADACHE6;158381]You have a 3 colored koi with 2 colors finished or almost finished . Do you think those 2 colors will still look like they do now when that 3rd color finally finishes ?

Those colors probably will be larger, the smaller spots might not even be noticeable? Will the sumi over the beni (our left hand side of the fish just before the odome) be less desireable as the sumi finishes? What if it takes on a sort of Goromo look right there?

I think there are two reasons this one stood out to you. First, the clarity of the color indicates that it just may have good skin quality. (Really need to see in person to know.) Second, the shiroji is extremely white in the photo and the red is very red. In fact, the red has a dark blood red hue... is that a touch of purplish Hi? Could just be the photo, but would want to see in person. Ask yourself whether the intensity of color a good thing for a koi this age? This is a striking koi now. If it kept this look to 70cm, folks would be falling over themselves giving praise. But, if it had that potential, it would not be for sale now. If you are looking for beauty today, go for it. For beauty in two years, I would pass. That said, this is not a junk fish of the sort being discussed in another thread. It is quite nice for what it is. I would put retail pricing over $150, but if it is priced at $300 or more, my opinion would be that it is overpriced.

Hat , In one post you state "I would Prefered the Sumi to be more Developed" . So I'll take it that you are looking for Koi that have "Finished" at a younger age . If so then this one is close .

I'm not sure what you are saying when you said "Those colors will probably be larger" ? If your saying "wish they were larger" , I agee toward the rear of the Koi .

Every Koi has that "Peak" Moment in it's Life . Most here buy Koi that that "Moment" is years away when it is larger , this isn't probably one of those Koi .
    President : GLK&GS
    Officer : NMZNA
    Certified Judge : AKJA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    That said, this is not a junk fish of the sort being discussed in another thread. It is quite nice for what it is. I would put retail pricing over $150, but if it is priced at $300 or more, my opinion would be that it is overpriced.
    Mike, they are selling this fish for $200, I just hope its still for sale when I make it out to the dealer in the near future so I can see up close.

[QUOTE=HEADACHE6;158431]I'm not sure what you are saying when you said "Those colors will probably be larger" ? If your saying "wish they were larger" , I agee toward the rear of the Koi . QUOTE]

That was me taking a shot in the dark about what the fish's colors will wind up looking like.

You have to admit this fish would be a huge step up from Spike my Petsmart Koi I talk about in my skin post right?

[QUOTE=bighatbulls;158441]
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying when you said "Those colors will probably be larger" ? If your saying "wish they were larger" , I agee toward the rear of the Koi . QUOTE]

That was me taking a shot in the dark about what the fish's colors will wind up looking like.

You have to admit this fish would be a huge step up from Spike my Petsmart Koi I talk about in my skin post right?
    It would be for the here and now. THere are other fish where this one came from that I would pick before it. If you are into buying finished fish that may last a few years before heading downhill, by all means, spend away. Some just wish to make long term investments. OThers would rather have the here and now enjoyment. Not one is wrong. Just personal preference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast