Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ERIC OWNERS and only the OWNERS

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Please go back to my last post and reread it very carefully and slowly.
    You may even move your lips while reading if it helps.

Nextly, go on the ericpondfilter site and read it in this same manner.

Then come back and argue if you wish.

You did not "call Andy out." You insulted him.(See my post in reply to this)

I am not concerned about "I told you so's." All that is important to me is that I have bought a NEW filter system called ERIC and that it's going to be great. I am not the first person to do this, and I will be extremely far from being the last.

There's a waiting line. If you want an ERIC filter you'll have to be very patient.
    Hmmm..................
    It would seem that your "sensitivity" for the potentially hurt feelings of others only extends to those with whom you agree My lips weren't moving as I read m'dear, only my eyes as I scrolled back and forth fully understanding and absorbing each and every word exactly as it was written by you. Oh and not to worry about my "hurt feelings". Sophistry has no influence over me or my feelings whatsoever.

Precisely how many times do you think I need to go to Peter's website to read the same thing I've already read and clearly understood? I probably saw it before you did as I've been to his site several times over the past few years since he fired it back up. In fact, I'm pretty sure I went there the very day he announced his return to the web a few years back over at NI.
    Shortly thereafter he posted up a humorous series poking fun at some of the "hype" used by others who marketed their "new filters" which he judged as worthless. He continued this thread of thought with a satirical bit of info about his "new" invention (not ERIC) utilizing bacteria he had discovered, using "dog bone shaped paper clips" as an illustration. I found it all a good bit of fun and sent him an email to thank him for his sense of humor.

I was a bit surprised to receive an email response from him in my inbox as I'm no big deal in the wonderful world of Nishikigoi. I was even more surprised at the tirade of hateful insults he hurled at me for no apparent reason as my message to him was both polite and appreciative.

At no time have I ever responded to him in like manner. Ever.

As to Andy, yes, I insulted his misapplication of supposed intellect. He made an intellectually vacant argument which he is still vainly attempting to defend. If he should ever happen along with something that makes a valid point I'll be more than happy to agree with him. I'm not holding my breath on that either as that particular shade of blue clashes with my shirt
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Nisai
    wait a second, did you make a new reply or an old reply....

I also apologise, I hit the 'new' reply button, but I guess forums have been around for 10 years or so, so it can't be a new thing, admins, can you possibly change the 'new' thread and 'new' reply button to just 'reply' and 'thread' just to save confusion...!

Lets not rock that boat again!

Cheers

Andy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Hmmm..................
    It would seem that your "sensitivity" for the potentially hurt feelings of others only extends to those with whom you agree My lips weren't moving as I read m'dear, only my eyes as I scrolled back and forth fully understanding and absorbing each and every word exactly as it was written by you. Oh and not to worry about my "hurt feelings". Sophistry has no influence over me or my feelings whatsoever.

Precisely how many times do you think I need to go to Peter's website to read the same thing I've already read and clearly understood? I probably saw it before you did as I've been to his site several times over the past few years since he fired it back up. In fact, I'm pretty sure I went there the very day he announced his return to the web a few years back over at NI.
    Shortly thereafter he posted up a humorous series poking fun at some of the "hype" used by others who marketed their "new filters" which he judged as worthless. He continued this thread of thought with a satirical bit of info about his "new" invention (not ERIC) utilizing bacteria he had discovered, using "dog bone shaped paper clips" as an illustration. I found it all a good bit of fun and sent him an email to thank him for his sense of humor.

I was a bit surprised to receive an email response from him in my inbox as I'm no big deal in the wonderful world of Nishikigoi. I was even more surprised at the tirade of hateful insults he hurled at me for no apparent reason as my message to him was both polite and appreciative.

At no time have I ever responded to him in like manner. Ever.

As to Andy, yes, I insulted his misapplication of supposed intellect. He made an intellectually vacant argument which he is still vainly attempting to defend. If he should ever happen along with something that makes a valid point I'll be more than happy to agree with him. I'm not holding my breath on that either as that particular shade of blue clashes with my shirt
    So you have been familiar with the ericpondfilter site for several years?
    This strikes me as quite amazing, as it only went live in November 2009.

As for your personal history with PW, I could care less. This sort of statement should not be vented on a public forum. But alas, that would seem to be the habit on this one. Why not solve personal differences with others in private, between only the people concerned? Much healthier in my modest opinion.

I'm dreadfully sorry for you that your shirt does not admit certain colors-
    or opinions - (knowledge) other than your own.

Perhaps changing shirts once in a while?

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Andydon View Post
    Well, i'd like to say thank you to you both, I have learnt the error of my ways today regarding your posts.

I will never call anything new once again, because in both your eyes, nothing can be new!
    well that's not true? New is new and old is old. - JR

I apologise for my use of the word 'new' if I have caused anyone some extreme anxiety, panic attacks, severe depression then you might be able to see some tried and tested professional help (god forbid, it's some new guy on the block)
    No apology necessary, you just didn't know. And you are most welcome as a 'new guy'. And not to worry about my mental health, I've been having these type of conversations with the newbie since the PP war days and the kitty litter days and the shot gun medication days. In fact once upon a time the newbies of that era saw BBs as the modern wave of the future and abandoned bays and chambers for the new answer ( don't ask what happened there).

Now, I am going to get my newly installed Sky + HD box with it's new remote and watch a new episode of Eastenders.

Oh, damn, I need help!
    Very cute ( albeit a desperate attempt to deflect) but I have to say, we are not talking about electronic technology here and the bacteria are clueless to which box they live in.

Cheers

Andy

p.s., btw, when I finally finish my pond and everything is setup, how do I go about picking my 'old' koi? (mainly because they can't be new, they've been around for centuries!)
    Not as cute as the first attempt to be cute! LOLs This one is a little to silly to respond to.

p.s.s I will also send an email to the Oxford Dictionary chaps, ask them to remove the word 'new'.
    Oye, a third try with a bad joke! No problem, sarcasm is an art form and should not be tried by all. But like bad karaoke singing, sarcasm is a natural talent so you should not be discouraged !

Here's my serious response if you really want something to think about-
    If you can hold up on the sarcasm for a bit, I'd like to know if my description of different methods of filtration has made an impression? Any impression? Any impression at all?

If you do care to read or reread it, you will see that there is an evolution within each method and then a break-- an attempt to improve on the concept of the old method entirely with a new approach/method.

So in the case of UGs there was an effort to keep the basic method in tact but to improve on it's short comings.
    In the case of the bay/chamber idea there is an effort to do the same- change flow, change media, reaarange media etc but the method is still the same. The U.N.C.L.E. and the ERIC are both of the same lineage as the methods are the same. that is--Run water in a container of rectangular, square or cylinder shape past SUBMERGED media ( plastic, matala or the old Jmat) so that ammonia is drawn to the biofilm. The slowing of the water in each section or thru each wall of over just a long run aids in settlement so that detritus and mulm can be flushed away.

The NEW methods are new because they are built in reaction to existing methods and as such, are a clear depature from that method. So TTs, for instance, represent a new method that improves on an older method's short comings.
    Fluidized beds, an old concept actually, is relatively new to the koi pond hobby and attempts to avoid trapping of the bay and chamber designs by moving media and increasing nitrifcation efficiency in the process as so much media surface is lost to biofouling in the static chamber versions. That is what the nexus is based on-- it might look like the cylinders of the old bay/chamber/cylinder design but it is the movement of the media that transforms it from what is known as a static filtration design to a fluidized bed design. This changes the method entirely.
    Anything sinking in yet? Anything? JR

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    So you have been familiar with the ericpondfilter site for several years?
    This strikes me as quite amazing, as it only went live in November 2009.

As for your personal history with PW, I could care less. This sort of statement should not be vented on a public forum. But alas, that would seem to be the habit on this one. Why not solve personal differences with others in private, between only the people concerned? Much healthier in my modest opinion.

I'm dreadfully sorry for you that your shirt does not admit certain colors-
    or opinions - (knowledge) other than your own.

Perhaps changing shirts once in a while?
    My reference to "Peters" site is to "Peters" site, which has been on, off, and on again since long before Nov. of '09 Just because you were late to the party doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't start without you
    My choice of attire for the day is mine alone, and I have not chosen one that accommodates the bluish flesh tone that would accompany the long wait that holding my breath awaiting intelligence from Andy would require. I hardly think him worth making a "new" fashion statement. You see, it isn't that "my shirt" doesn't accommodate knowledge as it looks quite good on me. I simply can't find a way to make it look good on "ignorance", which Andy seems to be wearing on his sleeve.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Oye, a third try with a bad joke! No problem, sarcasm is an art form and should not be tried by all. But like bad karaoke singing, sarcasm is a natural talent so you should not be discouraged !

Here's my serious response if you really want something to think about-
    If you can hold up on the sarcasm for a bit, I'd like to know if my description of different methods of filtration has made an impression? Any impression? Any impression at all?

If you do care to read or reread it, you will see that there is an evolution within each method and then a break-- an attempt to improve on the concept of the old method entirely with a new approach/method.

So in the case of UGs there was an effort to keep the basic method in tact but to improve on it's short comings.
    In the case of the bay/chamber idea there is an effort to do the same- change flow, change media, reaarange media etc but the method is still the same. The U.N.C.L.E. and the ERIC are both of the same lineage as the methods are the same. that is--Run water in a container of rectangular, square or cylinder shape past SUBMERGED media ( plastic, matala or the old Jmat) so that ammonia is drawn to the biofilm. The slowing of the water in each section or thru each wall of over just a long run aids in settlement so that detritus and mulm can be flushed away.

The NEW methods are new because they are built in reaction to existing methods and as such, are a clear depature from that method. So TTs, for instance, represent a new method that improves on an older method's short comings.
    Fluidized beds, an old concept actually, is relatively new to the koi pond hobby and attempts to avoid trapping of the bay and chamber designs by moving media and increasing nitrifcation efficiency in the process as so much media surface is lost to biofouling in the static chamber versions. That is what the nexus is based on-- it might look like the cylinders of the old bay/chamber/cylinder design but it is the movement of the media that transforms it from what is known as a static filtration design to a fluidized bed design. This changes the method entirely.
    Anything sinking in yet? Anything? JR
    lol, I am glad you saw the humour.

I will read your other posts properly in the morning, it is time for me to get some beauty sleep

Cheers

Andy

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    My reference to "Peters" site is to "Peters" site, which has been on, off, and on again since long before Nov. of '09 Just because you were late to the party doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't start without you
    My choice of attire for the day is mine alone, and I have not chosen one that accommodates the bluish flesh tone that would accompany the long wait that holding my breath awaiting intelligence from Andy would require. I hardly think him worth making a "new" fashion statement. You see, it isn't that "my shirt" doesn't accommodate knowledge as it looks quite good on me. I simply can't find a way to make it look good on "ignorance", which Andy seems to be wearing on his sleeve.
    Are you a 'checked' shirt guy or just 'plain'?

Daihonmei
    lol, I am glad you saw the humour.

I will read your other posts properly in the morning, it is time for me to get some beauty sleep

Cheers

Andy
    Thank you my friend. Rest well and gather your energy, battle beings in the morning! LOls JR

Are you a 'checked' shirt guy or just 'plain'?
    Depends on what I'm doing and the mood I'm in
    Horizontal stripes at this very moment.
    Gray, Burgundy, and White.
    It would look lousy on a "smurf".

Meg
    Suzy
    surely that ERIC, which you said has been delivered, is instaled and running by now? could we have an up date? and hopefully pictures? truthfully those animations on the web site don't do a thing for me, sorry.

thanks

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast