Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ERIC OWNERS and only the OWNERS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Torito View Post
    Hi Suzy, now it starts looking like a pond. Well done ! Regards Marco
    Thanks, Marco, it will be a big change from the liner. I'm looking forward to Matt's arrival! I'm happy to know that all goes well with your installation and that your Koi are improving with ERIC.

If you do decide to throw anything off the cliff of Gibraltor, I want a front-row seat....or at least photos!

Best to you,
    Suzy

Banned

Tomorrow

The first concrete base is nice and dry (the Mistral wind and high temps here have seen to that) so tomorrow my team will do three courses of solid concrete blocks all around the pond,except of course for the trench for the future pipe work and airlines from the bottom drain to ERIC. Then Matt comes over to hook everything up, pipes, airpumps et al. When this part is finished
    the second concrete base will be poured and the walls completed.
    Pics will follow, of course.

That is great Suzy but don't forget concrete cures by hydration not dehydration. As far as the second pour I would be sure to have some percentage of chopped fiber in it and keep it wet while it cures.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    That is great Suzy but don't forget concrete cures by hydration not dehydration. As far as the second pour I would be sure to have some percentage of chopped fiber in it and keep it wet while it cures.
    Good thought, thanks! My guys have mentioned something about that, but we haven't gone back on the subject yet as there's quite a bit to do before the second base is poured.

Looking forward to getting mine built when I get back to the UK so I'm watching this thread with great interest.

Carl

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhsoftware View Post
    Looking forward to getting mine built when I get back to the UK so I'm watching this thread with great interest.

Carl
    What will yours be like? I'ts really interesting to do...a lot of thinking, a lot of work, a huge mess, but worth every minute of it.
    Good luck with your project.

Banned

Next step

The concrete blocks have just been delivered and the construction of the walls of the pond will begin tomorrow morning....three courses only of them.
    Then the work on the bottom drain and pipe work for ERIC and the evacuation of the purging of the filter to a very handy trench (which runs alongside my property and allows rainwater to run down the slope) will be done by Waddy's
    "right arm", Matt Cameron.

In due course, the work on the walls will continue and the second base will be poured.

I'm enjoying it all immensely. It's messy, but exhilarating!

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    Wise counsel there. I've fallen in love with the fiber reinforced concrete and wouldn't pour anything without it. The added strength and stability is worth the tiny bit of extra money up front.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Wise counsel there. I've fallen in love with the fiber reinforced concrete and wouldn't pour anything without it. The added strength and stability is worth the tiny bit of extra money up front.
    Hi, Larry,

This is what my guys are doing. They had spoken to me about it before.
    Thank you guys for your wise counsel. The best filtration system in the world merits the best pond possible pond construction!

Best to you, Contrabasso,

Suzy

Banned

Jericho

The walls of Jericho tumbled down....mine are going up.

The guys are doing a great job. Much care and love is going into this pond build, and all of Waddy's instructions are being followed to the letter.

Pics will follow, thanks to Andy, once he is back from his vacation.

Best to all,

Suzy

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast