Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: ERIC OWNERS and only the OWNERS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    Waddy, I was flabbergasted about a 3' x 3' x 60' pond holding 40 koi. Isn't that about 4,000 gallons?

I can't wait for a video, Suzy. I'm anxious to see the ERIC at work and am very curious about it, particularly about how well the matting gets washed during discharge.

Congratulations on your new pond!
    Hi Peppy, I have to say that the Japanese guy who did the huge garden was a master of his art, it was truly incredible.
    He later went on to design and build a huge public Japanese garden in Edinburgh.
    Trouble was, he had no idea at all about Koi ponds - only shallow water features.

Regarding Eric & the filter mat, there's no danger of any debris getting into the bio stage and building up.

Peter W.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    Waddy, I was flabbergasted about a 3' x 3' x 60' pond holding 40 koi. Isn't that about 4,000 gallons?

I can't wait for a video, Suzy. I'm anxious to see the ERIC at work and am very curious about it, particularly about how well the matting gets washed during discharge.

Congratulations on your new pond!
    Thanks for the encouragement! Tell me what you'd like to see on my video...
    other than what Torito has already sent on Waddy's website a few months ago!

And I'd be interested in seeing a video of how your own filter system is purged. This could be a huge learning curve for ALL Koi enthusiasts...
    comparing how our filters are cleansed, the time necessary for doing it, the labour involved....and the results, of course.

I'm game! Anyone else want to participate?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement! Tell me what you'd like to see on my video...
    other than what Torito has already sent on Waddy's website a few months ago!

And I'd be interested in seeing a video of how your own filter system is purged. This could be a huge learning curve for ALL Koi enthusiasts...
    comparing how our filters are cleansed, the time necessary for doing it, the labour involved....and the results, of course.

I'm game! Anyone else want to participate?
    Whoa! can we hold on for just a moment please dear Lady?

Am I right in thinking you are going to pass WATER through these priceless works of art also often lovingly referred to by many devotees as 'longthrow raceways'??

From what I read you are not just passing water through you are going to pass filthy FISH WATER through them ???

I would refer you to the warranty software and handbook that comes with them dear Lady.

Page 271, section 111vb - paragraph 239 - and I quote -

'These units MUST be kept bone dry at all times - failure to comply will invalidate any warranties given or implied.'

I suggest you think no more of this and do what you intended to do namely set it gently in the centre of your main living room and polish it caringly on a daily basis with the £578.00 cleaning kit I discounted to £570.00 in a rash moment of weakness.

I'll hear no more of this nonsense Madam, and you must trust me because I am a Koi dealer!

Peter W.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Whoa! can we hold on for just a moment please dear Lady?

Am I right in thinking you are going to pass WATER through these priceless works of art also often lovingly referred to by many devotees as 'longthrow raceways'??

From what I read you are not just passing water through you are going to pass filthy FISH WATER through them ???

I would refer you to the warranty software and handbook that comes with them dear Lady.

Page 271, section 111vb - paragraph 239 - and I quote -

'These units MUST be kept bone dry at all times - failure to comply will invalidate any warranties given or implied.'

I suggest you think no more of this and do what you intended to do namely set it gently in the centre of your main living room and polish it caringly on a daily basis with the £578.00 cleaning kit I discounted to £570.00 in a rash moment of weakness.

I'll hear no more of this nonsense Madam, and you must trust me because I am a Koi dealer!

Peter W.
    I will think it over. I tend to trust Koi dealers more than SOME hobbiests whose writings I have had the non-privilege of reading, followed by the necessity of my throwing up copiously.

ERIC is safely installed, and I won't throw up on him, that's a promise.
    Thank you for the discount on the cleaning kit. It will be put to good use, but may be more worthwhile for cleaning fish....Flounder, for instance, which are reputed to be particularly filthy?

Some hobbiests have told me this, so it must be TWUE!!!!!

Waddy, I have no pre-conceived notions about the ERIC but lots of interest in seeing how it works.

Suzy, I haven't seen the video on the ERIC site. I'll check it out.

What I'd like to see is the purge if that's what you call it. I'd like to see the water coming back through and washing the mats. Now please don't read this as a smartazz type of question because it's sincere as I'm very interested in how this system works.

I don't have the greatest filter system. I've been in the hobby for 9 years but it's been a slow process of horrible koi keeping and doing everything wrong to where I am today with not bad koi keeping. At every step of the way I thought I was finally doing it right until I would invariably soon find out I still wasn't doing it right.

Start a thread. I'd be happy to show how I clean my filter. I think my new camera takes video. It's an Ultima II and yes I know all about the lack of air and bio/mechanical no-no but it was one of those at-the-time-I-thought-I-was-doing-something-right things. There's a video of the Ultima on youtube that some guy made but I'd be happy to show you how I do mine because I also have a prefilter that I purge.

I think it would be nice if everybody could show their filters without fear of sarcasm or nasty remarks.

This isn't a good time of year for filter cleaning videos though since the fish are barely eating so the water isn't very dirty. But I'd still do it.

That would be a great thread for everybody to see how all the different types of filters are cleaned.
    ...enjoy your day!
    5500 gllns, Ultima II 4000, Tarpon 6000, 1 Multi-Cyclone Prefilter, 2 - 5500 gph pumps, 1 Retro BD, 1 skimmer, max depth 4', 5% trickle 24/7 weather permitting

Banned

Cement drying

Hello, all, I haven't been around for a while, I'm just waiting for the cement to dry so that Matt Cameron can get back here for the fiberglassing of the pond.
    It should be a matter of a couple of weeks. We had massive rainstorms just after the final render was done, so I have a pump in a sump (poetic!) next to the pond which is draining out ground water. The pond is covered...I hope that Andy will have time to send a photo! The Koi are still doing fine in their very green swimming pool.

I must admit that I am impatient to let my new filter begin it's chosen work...
    and, NO, ERIC has not been on strike!

Best from Suzy

Nisai
    pic from Suzy

ERIC OWNERS and only the OWNERS-s5020444.jpg

cheers

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Hello, all, I haven't been around for a while, I'm just waiting for the cement to dry so that Matt Cameron can get back here for the fiberglassing of the pond.
    It should be a matter of a couple of weeks. We had massive rainstorms just after the final render was done, so I have a pump in a sump (poetic!) next to the pond which is draining out ground water. The pond is covered...I hope that Andy will have time to send a photo! The Koi are still doing fine in their very green swimming pool.

I must admit that I am impatient to let my new filter begin it's chosen work...
    and, NO, ERIC has not been on strike!

Best from Suzy
    Trying to picture this.....pump in a sump or a sump pump pumping next to pond which is pumping out of the ground water back on to the ground. At least the koi will not be getting hikui and shimies where they are....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    Trying to picture this.....pump in a sump or a sump pump pumping next to pond which is pumping out of the ground water back on to the ground. At least the koi will not be getting hikui and shimies where they are....
    Sump pump pumping and dumping to a trench on the side of my property....
    the water is not going back to the ground around the pond. The trench is for excess rainwater runoff and is slanted downhill. It is also waterproofed underneath.

No spots on my Koi...Of course, with only six of them in 4700g I haven't been exactly overstocking, have I? When they are back in the pond and the filter is purged every single day (takes a minute and a half, watch in hand, I've watched it done) I imagine that they will produce the same great results as those which have been related to me worldwide.

Thanks for your reply and your encouragement.

The weather does have a mind of its own doesn't it.
    Hope every thing dries out soon so you can get things rolling along.
    On the upside, cement that cures slowly in a damp environment is hell for strong

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast