Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ERIC OWNERS and only the OWNERS

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    I was just wondering....If I said I'd just bought another very different sort of filter, for instance a N...., would I have read on this thread remarks concerning "marketing nonsense"? You did not say this, but it was said.
    I thought that the thread was for testimonies of those who owned ERIC filters?
    Personally, as I have already stated, I will give an honest and detailed account of the performance of ERIC as soon as it's working.
    One of the truisms of modern marketing techniques is the use of hyperbole and sophistry, (aka "nonsense"). Come to think of it, that is a truism of "marketing" pretty much since the dawn of time Nothing new about a reference to any type of hype, no matter the source and no need to make a bigger deal of it than it already is.

Looking forward to your "ERIC up and running" reports. I have no doubt it will do a nice job on your pond just like all similar filters that have preceded it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post

The distinction between multi-chamber filters in series (up/down design) and multi-chamber parallel design (like ERIC) is a small one,
    It is not a small 'SMALL' one.

It is not even a moderately 'SMALL' one.

It is not even a great big 'SMALL' one.

One thing is certain - it has as much to do with multi-chambers as cars have to do with elephants.

Anyway, why worry? - it's total rubbish, just like y'all said the Bakki shower was back in 2002.

It's all very, very simple - just don't buy one.

Why the big issue?

Waddy.

Daihonmei
    Please Grumpy tell me what exactly makes this filter anything more than a chamber filter of the past. JR ( bet you don't respond with an 'actual' answer)

Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    Please Grumpy tell me what exactly makes this filter anything more than a chamber filter of the past. JR ( bet you don't respond with an 'actual' answer)
    "Multi-chamber filter" is very vague.

The ERIC filter is an unique filter design. Using the Japanese filter mat with open channels for the flow of water is not typical in my opinion.

JR, I am not sure what you mean by chamber filter of the past.

I have seen many different multi-chamber filters in Southern California, but have never seen anything like the ERIC style filter system.

I too am interested and looking forward to hearing about people's experience with this type of filtering system.

Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    It is not a small 'SMALL' one.

It is not even a moderately 'SMALL' one.

It is not even a great big 'SMALL' one.

One thing is certain - it has as much to do with multi-chambers as cars have to do with elephants.

Anyway, why worry? - it's total rubbish, just like y'all said the Bakki shower was back in 2002.

It's all very, very simple - just don't buy one.

Why the big issue?

Waddy.
    Actually I'm a fan of Bakki's so long as nobody is trying to peddle any "nonsense" about FIR Leave out the fairy dust and magic rays and the shower is a wonderful thing on its own, just like a well built raceway

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JasPR View Post
    EASY, my...

'deardeskboundwannabekoidealerbutdidn'thavetheguts andnowdecidestotelleveryoneheisakoienthusuast'scha mpion'

...chum.

Firstly it has nothing at all to do with 'chambers' - can't you read by now?

Heavens! You have a vast library of books you quote to us all from - and you do it every day - irrespective of the plonker who has written them!

Firstly, it is only 'one chamber' - that is 'SINGULAR'.

'Chambers' means 'PLURAL'.

Secondly, Peter Waddington says it's the finest filter system money can build or buy.....

...but then he would, wouldn't he?

He designed it and, as we all know from your constant ravings, he is a 'scallywag' of the vastest proportions possible.

Not only is he a scallywag, he is a thief, a liar, a scoundrel and a con-man to boot - your own words, dearest.

He has also cheated millions of innocent Koi enthusiasts in every country of the world and made billions in the process according to you - and you rightfully point all this out on many public Koi forums for all to see.

Thank heavens the Koi world has such a valiant defender as James P. Reilly against scum such as Peter Waddington.

As to the 'old-hat' filter, only time will tell whether Peter Waddington says what he means and believes - or whether he's hopelessly wrong?

I can wait, I've done it many times before and never been disproved as far as I know?

Unless I have said something amiss up to now, you can't get me banned on this forum even though YOUR VERY OWN WORLD'S BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT N.I. forum has not had a post for some 15? days and yet you profess it's the biggest Koi forum in the world - HUGS - HUGS HUGS & HUGS!

Stop it Rank Amateur!

There are many guys in the Koi world I look up to because they are genuine, you are merely a small fly in the ointment although you tell us all that YOU think otherwise.

Of course, some will believe you.

As for me, I'm building a large system right now, it's a little complex but it will all work out - hopefully, as usual.

What are you doing?

Oh, I see, you are back in the office yet again.

Never mind, keep checking those share prices.

That's all chum.

Waddy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Actually I'm a fan of Bakki's so long as nobody is trying to peddle any "nonsense" about FIR Leave out the fairy dust and magic rays and the shower is a wonderful thing on its own, just like a well built raceway
    What is "FIR"?

Several years ago we had a new local Koi club member that was transfered to Southern California from the East Coast U.S.

He brought his "Bakki Shower", which he swears by, and installed it on his new Koi pond.

I am not sure what makes the Bakki Shower that much different from other wet/dry trickle filters... but that is another topic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    "Multi-chamber filter" is very vague.

The ERIC filter is an unique filter design. Using the Japanese filter mat with open channels for the flow of water is not typical in my opinion.

JR, I am not sure what you mean by chamber filter of the past.

I have seen many different multi-chamber filters in Southern California, but have never seen anything like the ERIC style filter system.

I too am interested and looking forward to hearing about people's experience with this type of filtering system.
    Ric, as only YOU will know and only I will know - we do not know each other.

Thank you for your very sensible post which is just a statement of fact as you point out.

Again, time will tell.

Waddy.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Ric, as only YOU will know and only I will know - we do not know each other.
    Thank you for your very sensible post which is just a statement of fact as you point out.
    Again, time will tell.
    Waddy.
    WHAT!? You do not remember me!

You signed my copy of Koi Kichi on June 28th, 1996!

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    What is "FIR"?

Several years ago we had a new local Koi club member that was transfered to Southern California from the East Coast U.S.

He brought his "Bakki Shower", which he swears by, and installed it on his new Koi pond.

I am not sure what makes the Bakki Shower that much different from other wet/dry trickle filters... but that is another topic.
    FIR is "Far Infrared Radiation".
    One of the early hype promotions of the Bakki shower revolved around the ceramic media generating FIR as the water and wastes passed over, around, and through the media. The FIR was believed to alter the molecular structure of the water molecules (by the promoters and sycophantic believers) in such a manner as to better purify the water and increase oxygenation. It was also believed (by some) that with a Bakki all detritus would be pulverized and completely consumed by the bacteria and FIR acting in tandem. Pure unsubstantiated B.S. which detracted from the entire Bakki Showers credibility.
    The showers are wonderfully effective in off-gassing wastes, promoting excellent aeration in the media and pond, and digesting ordinary wastes. No "FIR" nonsense necessary. Their biggest drawback is the higher turnover rates and higher head pump capacity to lift the water. Low head systems (like a raceway) are far more cost effective to operate as head issues are virtually nil if properly plumbed and designed.
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast