Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Am I the only one who is excited about these high quality Momotaro gosanke?! Anyways, a good friend of mine found this article written by Mike Snaden of Yume Koi. Thought I would share with all of you.

http://www.koi.lu/momotaro-pond.pdf

If you have a chance to read this article you can see Brian Sousa in the group picture. Also, check out their 1,500 ton indoor pnd. Wow!

Here is a video that I found of ahobbyist's Ryu sanke. Please enjoy! Imagine that your sanke can look like this in a year or two.

YouTube - V32 27/7/09 My new Momotaro Ryu sanke D200

Jumbo
    I like chapter 4 part 1 the best, exactly at the 5minute mark - YouTube - Nishikigoi Philosophies - Momotaro (Chapter 4, Part 1)

Ah, great memories, April 2003, 'beer monsters' on tour!

This scene was our first experience of Momotaro Koi Farm, it will long remain in the memory.

I can't imagine how many times I've watched that DVD over and over again, still enjoy it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by gcuss View Post
    This should be a go for you Mike... Without the 555 event running you'll have to scratch your tosai "itch" somehow....

Grant

Yes, that chilly summer of '09 continues to have its effect. Instead of imagining how a 7-inch tosai might turn out, I'm having to content my dreaming with the BETN Showa I got last Fall.

... If I had an open space in my pond, I'd get one of these Momotaro JT, but I have my collection just where I want it for this season and don't have any to re-home. So, there's no room. If I didn't stick to my stocking limit, I would eventually wish I had.

There sure are some very nice looking koi in those bowls, and that's only about half of what's going to be available. I don't put much weight on the fact that these are jumbo tosai, except that it shows that Maeda considered them worth special winter care. That's not to say they will not get quite large. To the contrary, the Ryu line tends to get very good size, even if every one does not reach 90cm. [Nothing wrong with 70-80cm!] These have received a full investment of attention over the winter for a reason and it shows. I'd love to see them in person. Some have superb patterns with only minor flaws of no real consequence. These stand out in the photos, especially when aligned with the camera angle. Others that do not have eye-catching patterns today appear to have quality skin and pigment that would make them stand out if seen in person. Certainly fairly priced in the marketplace, and some would definitely be far more costly if individually priced at a dealer. When we see what goes in the auction for 3 times as much and more, I'll probably regret not taking advantage of this opportunity when I could.

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Lam,

I have few DVDs, will send you one as a gift for your Birthday;-))

--Dinh
    Mr. San Francisco Giants Baby, thanks for spillin' the beans on my bday. Those are nice videos, aren't they? There are some amazing koi in those videos! Someday, Mr. SF Giants Baby, someday..........................................

Mike do you subscribe to the same numbers Henry does for gallonage?

Now that you've opted out, which Koi caught your fancy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Thank you Dunnus Tran!!! Dinh and I have you down for one Momotaru Ryu sanke!!!

That's 11 sanke already spoken for!!!!!!
    Dunnus has increased his reservation from one sanke to two sanke. Thank you so much.

Total gosanke reserved = 19!!!

19 gosanke down, 6 more gosanke to go!!!!!!

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast