Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Total Gosanke Reserved = 20!!!

20 gosanke down, just 5 more to go!!!

There have been a lot of questions about the KB Momotaro Gosanke GO so I thought I would take a moment to post Brian's answers.

1. Brian, can you provide us with pictures of all 80 gosanke that will be coming to the US?
    Brian: I am on my way back to Japan today. I will go to Momotaro to take photos and video later this week or early next week.

2. Are the 36 koi in the pictures the exact ones that will be coming to the US?
    Brian: Yes, there are only 80 and these 36 are part of that.

3. Are the quality of the remaining koi similar to the 36 that are in the pictures?
    Brian: Yes, they are pretty representative.

4. What is the tentative date of shipment if we proceed forward with the GO?
    Brian: Within a few days of payment. Perhaps later next week?

These questions are updated in the FAQ section in post #3.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    Mike do you subscribe to the same numbers Henry does for gallonage?

Now that you've opted out, which Koi caught your fancy.....
    I do, Dick, but I fall short of Henry's will power. I am at 780 gallons per koi, but rationalize that a couple are smaller. About 40-45% fresh water each week. More if in a period of pollen/leaf drop messing up the water. Wish I could be around the house more so I could do 10% per day.

As for my choice in Bowl #1, I immediately focused on the same Sanke as Henry, the one with the wide head at 6 o'clock. Sure seems to be one that will grow very large. Camera angle plays games with the proportions. Then my eye shifted to the middle maruten, which has the most appealing pattern of all to my eye. With a spot of beni on the tail tube she would be classic. The sumi is going to take care of that element. But, then I settled on the Sanke at 7 o'clock... and just kept going back to her. I really like that long, solid body. She has too much beni for most tastes and little sumi showing (now), but I hear her saying: just wait until gosai. It would be nice to see her in a glamour shot.

Hi Mike, when I first look at the picture of the 6 gosanke my eyes also settled on the sanke at 7 o'clock. I love the thick beni pattern, long/lanky Matsunosuke influenced body, and the overall balance/appeal of the koi. However, Henry's 6 o'clock sanke and Coach's middle maruten sanke are all very close in body and quality. There are also many nice quality gosanke in the other pictures. If I had first pick it would be an extremely difficult choice.

One of the things that I want to mention is that if Henry, Coach and you each chose different gosanke then what does that tell us about the quality of these koi? You betcha that they are all of very high quality. I was hoping that you would participate.

Tosai

Picking the GO

Lam!!!

I have a question I want to ask you. are we picking 25 GO out of 80 or only 25 GO to pick?

thanks Mike, I thought the heavy beni patterned one was also very nice.
    With My newest RO I'm doing about an 18% daily water change.

With My newest RO I'm doing about an 18% daily water change.
    I'm jealous.

at first i was feeling guilty with the waste water, so I put in a garden plot for raising vegetables and with my 60 or so bonsai will be using up what i collect in a 150 gallon tub each day to water with.

Tosai
    I did the same thing. what better to water your garden and flowers with nitrogen rich.....thing

at first i was feeling guilty with the waste water, so I put in a garden plot for raising vegetables and with my 60 or so bonsai will be using up what i collect in a 150 gallon tub each day to water with.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendacbiet View Post
    Lam!!!

I have a question I want to ask you. are we picking 25 GO out of 80 or only 25 GO to pick?
    Same question.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendacbiet View Post
    Lam!!!

Hi nguyendacbiet and APOLONASGR36, sorry for the late response. To answer your guys' questions, yes the participants can pick from among the 80 Momotaro gosanke that will be arriving in a week or two. Please don't quote me on the 80 gosanke though. We will find out for sure by the end of this week or early next week as to exactly how many will be coming. It may be more or it may be less depending on the availability of these gosanke. I have posted this question in the FAQ section in post #3 as well.

According to Brian most of these gosanke will be Ryu sanke (if I remember correctly the original Ryu oyagoi was 108cm in length). The rest will be kohaku. To my knowledge, there will be no showa. Also, the tosai offered on the May Momotaro auction are approx 37-41cm in size. While Brian said that the gosanke that will be shipped to the US will range in size from 32-35cm in size, that was quoted approx 1mos ago so I assume that they are very close in size to the Momotaro auctioned koi.

Brian also said that the majority of these gosanke were born in late July/early August and are approx 32-35cm in size. For those of you who follow the late May Momotaro auction posted by ikoi, these koi came from the same batch as the koi that will be shipped to the US for the GO! The only difference is that the photos were digitally enhanced. Also, the auctioned koi will most likely go for anywhere from $3K up to $10K while the GO koi will be only $1K. There will be plenty of nice quality Momotaro gosanke for all of us to choose from!

According to Brian, the 80 GO koi were from the same ponds that Momotaro pulled the auction koi from!

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast