Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

It looks like the KB Momotaro Gosanke GO is coming along nicely. Here is the updated tentative timeline:

Updated Tentative Timeline
    May 14th - May 17th: Brian will have pics and/or vids of all 80 gosanke
    May 23rd midnight PST: deadline to either enter or withdraw from GO event
    May 30th midnight PST: deadline to submit $500 nonrefundable check
    May 31st: determination of "drafting" order based on lottery ball
    June 5th: last day to receive remaining $500
    June 6th: LIVE DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!!
    June 7th - June 12th: koi shipped to respective owners
    October 1st, 2011: conclusion of GO event & determination of winners (no brainer, Lam takes both the Best Growth and Best Tategoi awards and gets bragging rights for the upcoming year!)

Please note that this updated tentative timeline and may be subject to change so please stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by APOLONASGR36 View Post
    Same question.
    APOLONASGR36, question answered. Please see post #120.

BTW, that's a nice avatar you got there. Wanna trade your avatar kohaku for my Momotaro tosai sanke?

Several hobbyists, including Dinh and I, have had discussions on the objectives and contests of this GO. We decided to post these to share with fellow participants:

Objective 1: To provide a fun, fair and educational GO event with high quality Momotaro certified female gosanke

Objective 2: To provide a way for hobbyists to get together to share knowledge and experiences while making longlasting friendship (ZNA motto of Friendship Through Scales)

Objective 3: To provide affordable high quality Momotaro certified female gosanke to US hobbyists and to promote Momotaro gosanke in America

Objective 4: To increase awareness of and traffic for Koi-Bito

Contest 1: Best Growth

Contest 2: Best Tategoi

The duration of the GO event will be from present to October 1st, 2011. This will give participants approx 16 months to either achieve the Best Growth in their Momotaro gosanke or groom their koi to achieve the Best Tategoi award, or both (obviously as stated earlier, it will be I, Lam, who will take both the Best Growth and Best Tategoi awards!). The awards will be either plaques or trophies (to be determined at a later time) as well as bragging rights for a year!

In order to win the Best Growth award, the winning participant must submit a side picture of their koi alongside a measuring tub. For the Best Tategoi award, each participant must submit a photo of their koi taken from above (similar to pictures seen in koi magazines). We also recommend that participants submit a one minute video of their koi for better judging.

Please note that the objectives and contests have been added to post #1 as well.

A potential participant (I am hoping he will participate because he has excellent koi keeping skills) asked me about how to determine "drafting" order and whether everyone gets their first-round pick before getting their second-round pick. Dinh and I have given this some thought and in order to encourage participants to reserve more than one gosanke we have decided to use the lottery ball process. Each participant will get a lottery ball with their name on it for each gosanke that they reserved. For example, if I reserve three gosanke, then I will get three lottery balls with Lam1, Lam2 and Lam3 written on each ball. These balls will be placed in a lottery ball cage. The tentative plan will be to determine the drafting order on Monday May 31st. I will lay all the balls on the ground and record them as I put them in the lottery cage. I will then spin the cage and whatever the order the lottery ball comes out will be the order of the "draft". I will then give participants until the Live Draft Day, which is tentatively scheduled for Sunday June 6th to contact each other to trade up or down as desired.

On the Live Draft Day, there will be a preview session in the morning. We will then proceed with the draft at noon. Each participant gets 10 minutes to pick their gosanke. They can choose koi from either San Jose or Portland (please note that participants are responsible for shipping costs from either Portland or San Jose to their homes). I will post on this thread where we are at on the draft. For those that can't make it, please submit a list of koi that you would like. Dinh and I will go down the list and choose the best koi available on that list. It's gonna be one heck of a fair and fun GO event!

Folks, Dinh and I realize that these GO koi cost a lot of money. This is why we want to make it is as fair and fun as possible. Your guys' input is much appreciated and please let us know if you guys feel that we have missed something.

The same potential participant also asked what Dinh and I will do with the remaining unsold Momotaro gosanke. Our plan is to keep them for Brian until the end of the year. This is part of the reason why we want to promote this GO event. It's because it gives both Dinh and I the rare opportunity to watch and observe how Momotaro gosanke develop and change during their nisai summer. According to Brian, we can continue to sell the remaining Momotaro gosanke for $1K each, no more, no less (so please no bargaining).

For those of you sitting on the sideline thinking, "I can wait and choose from the remaining gosanke", I encourage you to participate in the GO because (1) the GO affords you the best opportunity to choose the best fish and (2) it gives you the opportunity to make new friends and gauge your koi keeping skills via the GO network.

Just heard back from Brian. He said that he will most likely be able to take pics and vids of all 80 gosanke on Monday, May 17th. So please stay tuned. The deadline to participate is still Sunday May 23rd @ midnight PST. That is also the tentative date that the gosanke will be shipped!

A number of hobbyists have asked Dinh and I whether we make any money from the Momotaro gosanke. I want to make sure that everyone knows that Dinh and I make NOTHING from this GO. We are just two kichiis who are trying to give US hobbyists an opportunity to own and enjoy nice quality Momotaro gosanke. I can assure all of you that Dinh and I are actively involved in ZNA and other koi organizations and would not do anything to jeopardize that.

Thank you Dan Powerman for reserving one Momotaro gosanke! Can't wait to see you and your friend on live drafting day! Make sure to come early to look at them before you "draft"! What better way to enjoy the hobby than talking koi all day over beer and BBQ and leave with a nice Momotaro gosanke!

Total Gosanke Reserved = 21!!!!!

21 down, just 4 more to go!!!!

Please stay tuned for pics and vids of all 80 gosanke. Brian said that pics and vids should be available by tomorrow evening!

I have received a few more questions regarding the GO. Will try and answer them later today.

Attached is a pix of your lottery ball. Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-danpowermanlotteryball.jpg  

Tosai
    sign me up for a sanke or kohaku. i am in thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mykoi11 View Post
    sign me up for a sanke or kohaku. i am in thanks
    You got it, mykoi11! Thank you! PM sent.

Total Gosanke Reserved = 22!!!

22 gosanke down......3 more to go!!!!

Here's a pix of your lottery ball! Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-mykoi11lotteryball.jpg  

count me in as well for 1 sanke
    thanks
    koi2002

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast