Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

I will try and post pics/vids of the remaining unsold females as soon as I have a chance. We plan to seine net the pond next weekend and take updated measurements, pics & vids so please stay tuned!

Tosai
    And the winner is? Didn't have a chance to participate in this. But I happen to have a couple Moros that I would like to see in comparison. What happened to the left overs?

Has anyone taken before and after pics to post and show the changes that have accured from the beginning?

I can only speak for myself and that is i won't be doing any pictures till we get to the end of the event so the changes will be more dramatic. I was fortunate to get one of the showa's and the sumi is really coming on nicely now, and appears to be of nice quality. My Koi Kichii got two sanke's. One he took home and one he left for grow out. he has done very well with growth on the one he took home. It will be fun to see the results, and i don't blame you for being anxious to see how things come out. Hopefully someone who got one of these will be a photo nut and have something for you now.
    Dick Benbow

Fry

Just checking

Hi Lam

I have recently joined this forum and reconised the name Lam, I am from England and was wondering if you were the same Lam I met at Purdin Harvest 2009, if not hi any way, really great competition.

Hi Anton, great to see you posting here Yep, it's the same Lam!

Understand the weather is terrible in the UK. Hope your able to get around and keep warm.

Merry Christmas!

Tategoi
    Can I get a before and after picture of these fish? Or no, not yet, why...

I was over to one of those participating to see how the koi were doing. he got two sanke. One he took home and one he left in the grow pond. The one he grew at home reached 24 plus inches by the end of february. It was moved this weekend outside in cold water to end it's dramatic growth
    because the owner is getting 20 tategoi showa tosai that he wants to push growth on. was very impressed with his ability to grow koi and too bad other plans interrupted his working with his sanke. I've not pushed my koi as the other Koi inside in my facility are older and didn't want the heat and food to be used to create eggs. Mine have grown and the skin and colors have done well but his looks like they are from a later year's hatch and much younger than his (except they're the same). The lil showa i got has sumi coming up on her like gang busters tho she is not keeping pace with the sanke of momotaro's. The sanke's sumi is coming together nicely
    and in typical matsunosuke line growth, long and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    I was over to one of those participating to see how the koi were doing. he got two sanke. One he took home and one he left in the grow pond. The one he grew at home reached 24 plus inches by the end of february. It was moved this weekend outside in cold water to end it's dramatic growth
    because the owner is getting 20 tategoi showa tosai that he wants to push growth on. was very impressed with his ability to grow koi and too bad other plans interrupted his working with his sanke. I've not pushed my koi as the other Koi inside in my facility are older and didn't want the heat and food to be used to create eggs. Mine have grown and the skin and colors have done well but his looks like they are from a later year's hatch and much younger than his (except they're the same). The lil showa i got has sumi coming up on her like gang busters tho she is not keeping pace with the sanke of momotaro's. The sanke's sumi is coming together nicely
    and in typical matsunosuke line growth, long and thin.
    Thanks for the update Dick. Happy to hear the good progress.
    My GO Sanke is doing good too and has Matsunosuke Gin on her as well.

Best,
    --Dinh

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast