Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    I was over to one of those participating to see how the koi were doing. he got two sanke. One he took home and one he left in the grow pond. The one he grew at home reached 24 plus inches by the end of february. It was moved this weekend outside in cold water to end it's dramatic growth
    because the owner is getting 20 tategoi showa tosai that he wants to push growth on. was very impressed with his ability to grow koi and too bad other plans interrupted his working with his sanke. I've not pushed my koi as the other Koi inside in my facility are older and didn't want the heat and food to be used to create eggs. Mine have grown and the skin and colors have done well but his looks like they are from a later year's hatch and much younger than his (except they're the same). The lil showa i got has sumi coming up on her like gang busters tho she is not keeping pace with the sanke of momotaro's. The sanke's sumi is coming together nicely
    and in typical matsunosuke line growth, long and thin.
    Coach, that is some very impressive growth! Knowing your friend he chose a couple with very good frames so I am not surprised about growth. However, what impresses me is the 24"! Wow! Makes me want to move even more right now so I can build myself a better pond more conducive to keeping good quality koi.

One of these days if and when life slows down (good luck, huh?) I would definitely like to drive up there to see your friend's facility and his 20 tategoi growout showa.

Lam,
    I'm sure i could arrainge to get you up there, and you'd certainly be welcome.
    I saw the 20 tategoi ( as called so by the breeder) showa last Thursday, all born last June in Japan
    and averaging just 7 inches right now. Three folks( owner, mr kodama and myself) rated them from one to 20, interesting to see some differences some similarities. I noticed my pattern leaning, less traditional and more kindai. The smallest one of the bunch was my #1 pick. The other two went with the more traditional pattern and again those with bigger frames.
    I do intend to write an article for Koi USA with tons of pictures so we can follow the journey, but it will be after atleast one year.
    Lam again, thank-you for all you did to make the Momotaro grow-out happen. It was a big time consuming effort and I for one appreciated what you did.
    Dick Benbow

Thought you all might enjoy seeing the changes on picture 76 of the grow out.
    She didn't grow much in our cold Northwest climate ( 15 inches) but has certainly agreed with water quality/sumi production.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-img_1897.jpg  

Well, perhaps not so much growth, but the body form is certainly nice. I like her.

thanks Mike. hopefully this summer we'll get some warmth and growth. Kinda hopeful Brian comes up with another opportunuty to find a few more gems. My wife's sanke from momotaro is to die for. i didn't picture it as it's a jumper and makes me nervous to handle and leave alone for a second., so i didn't catch,picture and measure like the others. It's several inches bigger.

Looking real good Dick... How about bring it to the ZNA NorCal show in November of this year?

My Momotaro Sanke from Jan 25 auction just arrived last Friday. Looking real good in flesh.

--Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    thanks Mike. hopefully this summer we'll get some warmth and growth. Kinda hopeful Brian comes up with another opportunuty to find a few more gems. My wife's sanke from momotaro is to die for. i didn't picture it as it's a jumper and makes me nervous to handle and leave alone for a second., so i didn't catch,picture and measure like the others. It's several inches bigger.
    Glad to see your results Dick. Now that you mention it, I do have an opportunity for another growout to start at the end of this month/beginning of May involving over 200 Tosai. Will be posting details soon.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Sansai
    Hi Brian. What happen with the rest of sanke?

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    Hi Brian. What happen with the rest of sanke?
    These will be put into the mudpond soon.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

looking forward to details on the next grow out, Brian......

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast