Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I think you forgot you have to feed these fish that you are buying....
    That's right Tony, that's why I can't buy in, I don't know what Lam is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    That's right Tony, that's why I can't buy in, I don't know what Lam is talking about.
    Chump change is what I am talking about Ryan. Chump change.. So are you in on the GO?

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Chump change is what I am talking about Ryan. Chump change.. So are you in on the GO?
    Chump change to a white colar guy like you but blue colar me can only quote what the koi guru said:

"you rich guys have fun learning on expensive tosai....hahahahahaha"

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    I wish i am rich like you ( Dr Lam) or master Dinh. If my wife know i will spend $1000 for fish i think i will sleep next to my pond for a long time.
    I like your thinking Nguyen! I'm way overstocked! I've just dumped out 20 tosai from the Dainichi event in a mud pond to make space for my big girls to grow. And yes I too have been sleeping next to my pond for a while now, but hey when your as koi kichi as me it's well worth the risk.
    Dr. Lam I know you and Master Dinh has much deeper pockets than any of us, how about if we buy one and you give us one for free deal?
    Sorry Dr. Lam to be a party pooper, but I have several questions to ask.

Who will be judging these GO sanke after one year?
    What are the rewards?
    What if the sanke turns out to be male? That's alot of $$ to be invested in a male that you have to give away after the GO.

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    I like your thinking Nguyen! I'm way overstocked! I've just dumped out 20 tosai from the Dainichi event in a mud pond to make space for my big girls to grow. And yes I too have been sleeping next to my pond for a while now, but hey when your as koi kichi as me it's well worth the risk.
    Dr. Lam I know you and Master Dinh has much deeper pockets than any of us, how about if we buy one and you give us one for free deal?
    Sorry Dr. Lam to be a party pooper, but I have several questions to ask.

Who will be judging these GO sanke after one year?
    What are the rewards?
    What if the sanke turns out to be male? That's alot of $$ to be invested in a male that you have to give away after the GO.
    Hi Tom, to be honest with you, I am not sure who is going to be judging these GO sanke in a year. Dinh and I are just working hard right now to get this GO together as quickly as we can because Momotaro said that he needs a commitment soon. He needs to ship these sanke as quickly as possible to make pond space for spawning. We can decide on who will be doing the judging later when we have more time. We can also discuss possible rewards at that time.

I am sorry, but while these are certified female Ryu sanke, they are NOT GUARANTEED females and there will be NO compensation involved. According to Brian, most of these JT are females. My understanding is that the chance of these Ryu sanke being females will be similar to the Dainichi JT. This means that approx 80-90% of these sanke are going to be females if not better.

Tom, imagine how big these sanke will be at the end of the summer if you place a few of them in your mud pond. I sure hope that you, Ryan, Duc and other Texan kichiis can participate. But I most certainly understand if you guys can't since you guys are not as rich as Master Dinh and I. Yeah right..........
    Last edited by Lam Nguyen; 05-30-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen4 View Post
    I wish i am rich like you ( Dr Lam) or master Dinh. If my wife know i will spend $1000 for fish i think i will sleep next to my pond for a long time.
    I am very rich in friendship, peace, love and life... So I hope your wishes come true, Dude. Although I do not have much in green, I do love to sleep next to my pond indeed.

--D

M.I.E. or make it easy (to GO)

For those koi people that are finding it hard to pull the trigger on the Go event I will offer the following MIE services for the brothers and sisters so master Momo can release his koi collection on time.
    We will front your money to ease the burden of writing the 'big check' that always hurts. In turn you will make easy monthly payments to MIE for only two years for a mere 100 dollars.
    MIE will take delivery of all fish after lotto so we can look them all over. We will then re-box them in clever unassuming boxes that read airplane parts. This way you can relax and feel comfortable when the FEDX truck makes that familiar horn beep beep. No need to hide from the wife and kids anymore. Take your time and enjoy the moment.
    Now when the new fish is spotted in the pond and pointed questioning is soon to follow, we will have a call board open 24 hours. Just push a button (receiver comes in the kit) and the persons cell phone will be engaged and that tense moment is over.

Maybe Dinh's source can find those $900 Sansai's specials at one of the breeders for us and then we can do a growout contest from there....

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Oops, I got so excited that I forgot to attach the pix of representative sanke. Please note that this is strictly a Ryu sanke GO event. In other words, there will be no Momotaro kohaku or showa.
    One thing you can be sure of and that is all Momotaro fish increase in value. Or so I have found and to be able to get just one or two is a big
    bonus as most of us just do not have the money. Shipping handling costs are prohibative just for one box. Hope that others appreciate what you fellows are doing. Congratulations
    Regards
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Maybe Dinh's source can find those $900 Sansai's specials at one of the breeders for us and then we can do a growout contest from there....
    "There are good koi and there are cheap koi. But there are no good cheap koi". Dinh and I are only doing this because we love this hobby just like all of you and we want to give back to KB for all that KB has given us over the years. Believe me, we are not making any money off of this GO. So what's the drive? It's the kichi in us that makes us want to see this kind of gosanke quality in the States.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast