Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Fellow kichiis, the details are finally worked out and Dinh and I will be working with Brian Sousa to bring in excellent quality Momotaro certified female gosanke, most of which are Ryu bloodline jumbo tosai, for an official 2010 Koi-Bito Momotaro certified female gosanke grow out event. The main purpose of this nonprofit GO event is to learn more about the development of the Ryu sanke bloodline while having fun and making new friends. It is also a great way to own a Ryu sanke or a Momotaro kohaku at just $1K each plus shipping from either San Jose or Portland to your home. For those of you who follow the Momotaro auctions, you are aware that those sanke cost anywhere from $3K up to $10K each. Here is a chance to own a Momotaro Ryu sanke certified female JT of similar quality, sanke with the genetic potential to reach jumbo size, without burning a hole in your wallet! Or if you do not wish to own a Ryu sanke, there are a few kohaku and showa available for selection as well.

These gosanke were born in late July or early August of 2009 and are already 32-41cm in length. They were kept back from last fall but did not make the cull a few days ago. Depending on the number of participants, we will be selecting from among 80 available Momotaro gosanke, most of which are Ryu sanke. Below are the timeline and rules of the GO event. Please note that the timeline and rules are tentative and subject to change. I have also attached pictures of gosanke that are representative of what we will be getting.

GO Objectives

Objective 1: To provide a fun, fair and educational GO event with high quality Momotaro certified female gosanke

Objective 2: To provide a way for hobbyists to get together to share knowledge and experiences while making longlasting friendship (ZNA motto of Friendship Through Scales)

Objective 2: To provide affordable high quality Momotaro certified female gosanke to US hobbyists and to promote Momotaro gosanke in America

Objective 3: To increase awareness of and traffic for Koi-Bito

GO Contests

Contest 1: Best Growth

Contest 2: Best Tategoi

The duration of the GO event will be from present to October 1st, 2011. This will give participants approx 16 months to either achieve the Best Growth in their Momotaro gosanke or groom their koi to achieve the Best Tategoi award, or both. The awards will be either a plaque or trophy (to be determined at a later time).

In order to win the Best Growth award, the winning participant must submit a side picture of their koi alongside a measuring tub. For the Best Tategoi award, each participant must submit a photo of their koi taken from above (similar to pictures seen in koi magazines). We also recommend that participants submit a one minute video of their koi for better judging (recommendation, not mandatory).

Tentative Timeline

May 14th - May 17th: Brian will have pics and/or vids of all 80 gosanke
    May 23rd midnight PST: deadline to either enter or withdraw from GO event
    May 30th midnight PST: deadline to submit $500 nonrefundable check
    May 31st: determination of "drafting" order based on lottery ball
    June 5th: last day to receive remaining $500
    June 6th: LIVE DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!!
    June 7th - June 12th: koi shipped to respective owners (via SWA Cargo, FedEx or UPS)
    October 1st, 2011: conclusion of GO event & determination of winners (Best Growth & Best Tategoi)

Tentative GO Rules

Selection: the selection order will be determined by either drawing numbers from a bag or via lottery balls. This process will be recorded and posted on Youtube for all participants to see. We will then set a date and time to select the sanke (anticipating Saturday May 22nd). Each participant will have a approx 10 minutes to choose their gosanke. When the time is up and the participant has not selected their gosanke, then I will randomly select their gosanke from the remaining available gosanke.

Pictures/Videos: depending on the number of gosanke, I will have videos and pictures of either individual or group sanke on this thread a few days prior to selection day so people can look at available sanke and either trade up or down as desired. Please note that, while these are certified females, they are NOT GUARANTEED females. This means that if your sanke turns out male, then there will be NO compensation. According to Brian, these are 70-80% females.

GO Commitment: we need to know by Sunday May 16th at midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST) if you would like to participate. Because these are relatively expensive tosai and I am doing this as a nonprofit and fun event I need to make sure that you are committed to participating. In order to show me that you are committed, I will need a NONREFUNDABLE check for $500 before the selection date. Please note that the $500 is nonrefundable because I need to sell the sanke to recoup the loss if you decide to back out of the grow out. My address is:

Lam Nguyen
    14107 SE Fircrest Court
    Portland, OR 97236

Length of GO Event: the length of the GO event will be one year (may be longer if you guys would like). We only ask that each participant has pictures and/or videos of their sanke at the end of the GO for either Momotaro or a judge (to be decided later) to judge.

Participants: I will keep a list on this thread of all the participants and how many gosanke each participant would like to purchase. I will also note when the checks are received and which gosanke each participant selected.

Cost: the cost of each gosanke is $1,000 ($500 of which is nonrefundable. The remaining $500 needs to be cashed before the sanke can be shipped out) plus shipping from either San Jose or Portland to each participant’s home. Please note that this is a nonprofit GO event and I am NOT making any money off it (I hope I won’t lose any money either).

I hope I haven’t missed anything. Please let me know if I did. I hope that you guys are as excited as I am about this Momotaro Ryu bloodline certified female JT sanke GO event!!!!!!!! Now let's get this GO event rolling!!!!!

For those of you who wish to remain anonymous, you may email either me at [email protected] or Dinh at [email protected].

Changes to GO

1. Good news. It looks like all 80 of the gosanke will be shipped to the US, 40 of which will go to San Jose and the other 40 will go to Portland.

2. According to Brian, all the sanke are of very similar quality to the ones in the picture posted in post #2. More pictures of possibly all 80 gosanke to come soon, so please stay tuned.

Oops, I got so excited that I forgot to attach the pictures of representative sanke. These are mostly Ryu sanke but participants can choose a kohaku if they wish. Please note that these are 36 of the 80 gosanke that will be shipped to the US in a week or two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-momotaroryusankejt32-35cm.jpg   2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-momotaro-gosanke1xa.jpg   2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-momotaro-gosanke-2xa.jpg   2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event-momotaro-gosanke-3xa.jpg  
    Last edited by dinh; 05-05-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Participants

Dinh Nguyen - 2 gosanke
    Lam Nguyen - 2 gosanke
    Anonymous LT - 3 gosanke
    Anonymous KH - 2 gosanke
    Dunnus Tran - 2 gosanke
    Anonymous JL - 3 gosanke & 3 males
    Matt & Tracy - 1 gosanke
    nguyendacbiet - 1 gosanke & 1 male
    Dan Powerman - 1 gosanke
    mykoi11 - 2 gosanke
    koi2002 - 2 gosanke
    Pete & Laurie - 2 gosanke
    Lai Tran - 1 gosanke

Total Reserved = 24 females and 4 males
    Last edited by Lam Nguyen; 05-31-2010 at 09:20 AM.

any pictures of what we are looking at quality wise? I know momotaro some, but some pictures of what we can expect to see would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan25 View Post
    any pictures of what we are looking at quality wise? I know momotaro some, but some pictures of what we can expect to see would be great.
    Hi Ethan, I just posted pictures that Brian sent me. According to Brian, the koi in these pictures are very good represensatives of the quality of sanke that we will be getting. These koi also come with their own certificates. Ethan, this is the kind of quality that we should be going after. How often is it that we get to own a Momotaro sanke?! TBH with you, I have never had the opportunity to own one so I am taking advantage of it!
    Last edited by Lam Nguyen; 05-30-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Hi Ethan, I just posted a picture that my friend sent me. According to my friend, this is a very good represensative of the quality of sanke that we will be getting. We also get a Momotaro certificate with each sanke. Ethan, this is the kind of quality that we should be going after. How often is it that we get to own a Momotaro sanke?! TBH with you, I have never had the opportunity to own one so I am taking advantage of this opportunity!

I suppose you can buy me one, but I only have room for one, okay? I know you'd like to probably get me two, but all I can accept is one.

wish I had the funds. i'd like to give it a try if I did.

List of Participants

Dinh Nguyen
    Lam Nguyen - 2 sanke please!
    Lam,

I will match any number your wife allows you to bring home;-))

BTW, thanks much for handling this project.

--Dinh

Oops, I got so excited that I forgot to attach the pix of representative sanke. Please note that this is strictly a Ryu sanke GO event. In other words, there will be no Momotaro kohaku or showa.
    WOW!! Not often that you will see 3 maruten sankes in a bowl.Looks like great quality with lots of potencial! Whish i lived in the states!

Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    WOW!! Not often that you will see 3 maruten sankes in a bowl.Looks like great quality with lots of potencial! Whish i lived in the states!
    Erns,

We can keep your in the States. Does that sound good Erns;-))

--Dinh

Thanks for your efforts Lam and dinh! Will you be able to hold (Q tank) for extended time or will they be shipped direct with no hold period May 22-23? Fed x and any replacement fish for mishaps? Had to ask and thanks again. This sounds like a wonderful event!

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast