Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Delaware Koi - Looking for a good home

Tosai

Delaware Koi - Looking for a good home

Hello everyone,

Now that I'm a new father, we are looking for a new home and it's highly likely that we'll need to leave the koi hobby behind for a while. I live in Wilmington, DE.

I have 18 koi ranging from 15 - 30" in size available for a good home. I would like to try to sell the fish for reasonable prices, per their individual quality / age / size. This way I'm sure that they're going to folks who will care for them properly.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the best way to accomplish finding them a new home?

I'm leaving this open ended, and can happily provide a list of available fish, breeders (where I can remember), etc.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Maybe someone can chime in with advice on a somewhat local club you could connect up with. If they are of decent quality it may be that club members nearby would be interested in some of them.

It is quite rare for a hobbyist to sell 'used koi' for a price equal to what an established dealer would ask. Without a significant marketing investment, the hobbyist is not in a position to reach the market and does not have the imprimatur of expertise the dealer gains for himself over a period of years. Clubs are a quick source for buyers, but if you are not a member whose koi are known by members, the perception may welll be that there is 'another pond of crapagoi to rescue.' Try posting flyers at pet shops that will allow you to do so, and check with any pond builders in the area. You will have done well if you get as much as half of what you paid for the fish, including the $50 tosai that grew to 26 inches.

Fry

I can take some of your Koi fish, if they are available

I have two level pond, and I am looking for koi fish. I live in Princeton, NJ.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by howywo View Post
    Hello everyone,

Now that I'm a new father, we are looking for a new home and it's highly likely that we'll need to leave the koi hobby behind for a while. I live in Wilmington, DE.

I have 18 koi ranging from 15 - 30" in size available for a good home. I would like to try to sell the fish for reasonable prices, per their individual quality / age / size. This way I'm sure that they're going to folks who will care for them properly.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the best way to accomplish finding them a new home?

I'm leaving this open ended, and can happily provide a list of available fish, breeders (where I can remember), etc.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Fry

I can take some of your Koi fish, if they are available

I live in Princeton, NJ. Please let me know your term.

Thank you,

Wen