Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Fish wrangling equipment

Fish wrangling equipment

Sean is getting me an early birthday present, a fish sock net. Can you tell me if this one is any good or not?

Koi Fish Sock Net Aluminum Handle Holds water - eBay (item 110524221601 end time Jun-23-10 14:41:56 PDT)

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post
    Sean is getting me an early birthday present, a fish sock net. Can you tell me if this one is any good or not?

Koi Fish Sock Net Aluminum Handle Holds water - eBay (item 110524221601 end time Jun-23-10 14:41:56 PDT)
    That is the type that holds water (good thing) with mesh at the end that makes it easy to adjust the amount of water in the net...another good thing. I need a new sock net, mine holds water but doesn't have the mesh....I might bid against you!
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

good thing there is more than one.

Tosai
    I have that exact net (along with three others ) and I find I reach for this one first. It is a good net, especially for the money. Later..Gary

I got one a few years back and it is a lifesaver with the big ones...mine developed a slight tear in it this year and I sewed it back up with some dental floss so far it is holding up very well....
    Lawanna

Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post

I got that same style sock net from fancy koioutlet here in San Jose, it works as it should no complaints from me...it's way cheaper in price than my matsuda socknet that I have had for around 7 years now, so we will see if it last just as long.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I got that same style sock net from fancy koioutlet here in San Jose, it works as it should no complaints from me...it's way cheaper in price than my matsuda socknet that I have had for around 7 years now, so we will see if it last just as long.

Tony

uh huh it looks like a Matsuda copy, I also have a cheap one from drsfoster which I use for the cheap koi, expensive koi get the matsuda.

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    uh huh it looks like a Matsuda copy, I also have a cheap one from drsfoster which I use for the cheap koi, expensive koi get the matsuda.
    Hey Ryan can I have your cheap net now, since you don't have any cheap fish anymore?