Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nisei Farm Oct Harvest

Sansai

Nisei Farm Oct Harvest

I was looking at their website and noticed that Mike asks those who want to attend any of the 4 days to please register for the days they want to attend, 1 Oct thru 4 Oct. So I signed us up for the 3rd and 4th, the 2nd we will be at an open house in Ohio.

Check out Mike's website, also expect to see him at the MidAtlantic Show in Sept.

We are looking forward to both of these events. Hope to meet a bunch of you at them too.

Sansai

Hi Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Levi View Post
    I was looking at their website and noticed that Mike asks those who want to attend any of the 4 days to please register for the days they want to attend, 1 Oct thru 4 Oct. So I signed us up for the 3rd and 4th, the 2nd we will be at an open house in Ohio.

Check out Mike's website, also expect to see him at the MidAtlantic Show in Sept.

We are looking forward to both of these events. Hope to meet a bunch of you at them too.

If you are referring to NKF website maybe you mean Matt??? Harvest is an exciting time for those who have fish that have been in the mud ponds for the summer. Sometimes the results are not what you want , but there are no guarantees in koi keeping. Hope to see you there. Joyce

Sansai

Unhappy senior typo

Oy!!!

Three whacks with a dead crapagoi for that typo !

Sorry Matt if you're reading these ! No excuse, reason being I had just read a Mike post.

Anyhow, I will do my homework before 3 Oct and not call you Mike, promise.

We will be there, wish we could make it for all 4 days.

Jake
    Oswego, NY
    Last edited by Jake Levi; 08-02-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: typo

I've signed up for Friday through Sunday. I understand the 'main event' will be scheduled similar to last year, with afternoons open for discussion of individual fish and Mat's 'teaching moments'. These were the highlight of the harvest last year. It is being held early in October this year, so maybe the cold and wind will not deter folks. That would be good, although it means I'll miss seeing autumn foliage.

There are a couple of gals in the mud that I'm really looking forward to seeing again. This one in particular. Lots to imagine, and that means just as much risk, which makes it all the more exciting when when one comes out of the mud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nisei Farm Oct Harvest-85-fall-2009.jpg  

Sansai

Fall Harvest

She is a beauty, I can only dream,

how big was she when you saw her last?

what day does she come out?

Jake: I do not know the date. It would be nice if she comes out during the Main Event weekend. But, if she is harvested earlier, I'll have her bowled while I'm there. I do not have my records at hand. The photo shows her as nisai. I believe she was just over 16 inches. The pigment is very good and skin quality is good (but I'd not say exceptional). The trait that fascinates me is that she has a different body structure than is typical of what NKF is producing in Showa. She is more influenced by Matsunosuke Sanke. That may prove to make her truly special, or may place her on the sideline. The chances are that a koi with an unique combination of genes outside the vision of the breeder will fail to come together and she will fall short. That will be disappointing, but it inheres in buying the ticket to take the ride. If she does come together, she could still take either of two paths... become a wonderful show fish or become a fascinating 'collector' fish. If she develops like Matsunosuke Sanke, it may take another 5 years to know which direction she goes. That's another part of taking the ride. It's one of those "enjoy the journey" sort of things.

Sansai

Big girl

She looks big in the photo, I hope that continues, she's a keeper to me.

Before I forget, what town are they closest to? Motel accomodations?

We are visiting friends in Ohio and leaving sat afternoon from eastern Ohio, so figuring a 4-5 hr drive, hopefully shorter. Then we'll be there for the 3rd and 4th.

I hope we get to see your girl .

Jake Levi

Oswego, NY

Sansai

Fall Harvest

Hi Mike

I'm looking forward to seeing you there and other forum members, its going to be a fascinating couple of days. What little reading/study I have been able to do I think Matt and the folks there are on the right path concentrating on the Sakai lines. This will be my first chance to see a lot of them up close and personal. I hope to see some others at the MidAtlantic Show.

Is the M. Sanke body more robust then the M. Showa ? You have got me curious on this.

Jake Levi
    Oswego, NY
    Last edited by Jake Levi; 08-04-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: add signature

Sansai

Nisei Koi Farm address

I have been spending some interesting time on their website, and finally found their address, two more whacks with a crapagoi, I went right by it several times.

Six hr drive from where we will be in Ohio, doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Levi View Post
    I have been spending some interesting time on their website, and finally found their address, two more whacks with a crapagoi, I went right by it several times.

Six hr drive from where we will be in Ohio, doable.

Jake.... while you've got the crapagoi out, might as well toss in one more whack for "Matt".... it's "Mat".

Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast