Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality Koi at NKF Sale Fish

Sansai

Quality Koi at NKF Sale Fish

NKF is doing more sales on koi,,,,online and on site. The last sale they had I got a Yamabuki, I have admired them for years, but always bought Gosanke. Getting it on sale was just the icing on the cake. If you have been waiting to get some of that "new sumi" they have some showa on sale now. I hope you like my new fish as much as I do. I picked a light one in the hopes that it will not develope red spots.

I've bought two Y. Ogons from NKF only to have friends/hobbyist talk me out of them for what I paid.

Long story short , 18 months after selling one that had the same light shade as yours I visited one of those friends last fall to see this wonderful Ogon swimming in his pond . I never thought the Koi would turn out like it did , but !

I recieved a call this spring from this same friend and he is now down sizing (Moving) , so the Koi is back where it belongs , With me ! 20"+ as a three year old and definitely Female .

As far as what I had to pay to get her back , the same as what I paid to NKF & he paid me , Not Bad !

Good Luck
    President : GLK&GS
    Officer : NMZNA
    Certified Judge : AKJA

Good job on getting a nice 'pale' tosai. What's the length, and do you know the breeder?

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgeorgia View Post
    Good job on getting a nice 'pale' tosai. What's the length, and do you know the breeder?
    Mat at Quality Koi is the breeder. I think it is 3-4 years old and about 18-22 inches. It has a stout body so it might not be as long as it's siblings. I called Jennifer to see if I could get the info. Right now they are offering free shipping on their cataloge fish and updating the pictrues.

Andrew's Koi May 1, 2010

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by gjs63 View Post
    Mat at Quality Koi is the breeder. I think it is 3-4 years old and about 18-22 inches. It has a stout body so it might not be as long as it's siblings. I called Jennifer to see if I could get the info. Right now they are offering free shipping on their cataloge fish and updating the pictrues.
    Jennifer got back to me and the fish is 22" and was spawned in 07 making it 3 going on 4.

Sansai

Yamabuki Ogon

The Y. Ogon is my favorite right behind the Kohaku, so thats good news on Mat having them.

The pool of them is gorgeous, all it needs is a Leprechaun sitting on the edge.

Jake

Oswego, NY
    We are all in this together

Hey I'm going to Quality Koi! So thanks for the sales tip!

I got a Platinum Ogon last year. So the koi in your picture is a Yamabuki? And it will get yellow? Is that what you're saying? Is that what they do? Because I notice a certain way my Platinum Ogon turns, it looks like there is some pale yellow here and there. Does mine want to be a Yamabuki? Or is it just a bad example of a Platinum Ogon?

Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    Hey I'm going to Quality Koi! So thanks for the sales tip!

I got a Platinum Ogon last year. So the koi in your picture is a Yamabuki? And it will get yellow? Is that what you're saying? Is that what they do? Because I notice a certain way my Platinum Ogon turns, it looks like there is some pale yellow here and there. Does mine want to be a Yamabuki? Or is it just a bad example of a Platinum Ogon?
    Many say that you should purchase young Y. Ogons that are a pale yellow and as the age they will change to the bright yellow they are know for. Many times a young bright yellow Y. Ogon as they age will develop orange spots that are not wanted. Also look for the scales that are perfectly aligned and clean heads. All are important when selecting a quality Ogon.

It's hard to guess what your Koi wants to be , time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Are you trying to get me in the car and down in So Cal, Ric? I have been looking for a nice Yamabuki...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast