Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: A sad day for me... :/

Nisai

Unhappy A sad day for me... :/

So, I have a separate waterfall compartment where I keep my fry... And unfortunately one of my fry that I really liked (personally) dropped into the main pond. I found it this morning floating in my skimmer. Looks like it was bothered to death...

sigh-

Anyways, I learned a lot from first experience of breeding koi. Not bad for a 17 year old's work? eh

There will always be a next time...

I took some pics after I got it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A sad day for me... :/-rsz_31dsc06607.jpg   A sad day for me... :/-rsz_dsc06608.jpg   A sad day for me... :/-rsz_dsc06603.jpg  

I am sorry so hear that PV, but I need to ask what do you keep in your main pond that would chew the poor guy's fin off like that? When was the last time you saw the fish in the fry area? I have had fry with my adult koi about that size, and the most dangerous thing in my pond was my bottom drain. Still sorry for your loss.

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls View Post
    I am sorry so hear that PV, but I need to ask what do you keep in your main pond that would chew the poor guy's fin off like that? When was the last time you saw the fish in the fry area? I have had fry with my adult koi about that size, and the most dangerous thing in my pond was my bottom drain. Still sorry for your loss.
    I only keep koi in my main pond. lol The biggest one will only be slightly over 20". I saw that fry the night before. and found out this morning.

I'm guessing somehow it was injured during the fall or lost conscience? and then maybe the koi started chewing it? not sure....

I'm sorry you lost your favorite little guy. Why is it always the favorite that something happens to?