Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Florida Koi Show 2011

Thanks, Dan and Mike.

Mike, can you tell me how to get in touch to pre-order a net?

Dan, that looks like a great assortment of fish to bring. I can't wait to see them in person.

Tategoi
    Sandy , Do we assume that you're coming to Orlando this year?

Graham, I'm planning on it. I have a room booked.

Are you going? It would be great to see you again. It's been a few years since I've been anywhere. I miss seeing everyone.

Tategoi
    Vic and I will be there along with Stan and Kathy...plus the Honorary Canadian Bill

Great! I'd love to meet Stan and Kathy and I haven't met Vic yet either.

Nisai
    Is it March yet???? I need some vacation time!

Water temps hit the mid 40s in the main pond, so I decided it was time to bring the kids in for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Not long ago the internet buzz was all about shows being crippled by a lack of vendor support. Well, the vendor spaces for CFKS 2011 are virtually sold out.
    That also speaks highly to the dedicated team that puts on the show.

Well, Bill, it is going to be March soon.

We are now going full pace to bring together all the things that make for a great show. Entry forms and show rules are available at the website: centralfloridakoishow.org .

The judges have been lined up, and we are taking full advantage of the ZNA Presidents' meeting the day before the judging. Jim Reilly is the head judge, and will be assisted by Dick Thomas, Ray Jordan and Dale Gingerich. JR and Ray are qualified judges under both the ZNA and AKCA programs. Dick is in the ZNA judging program, and Dale is in the AKCA judging program.

The seminar schedule for Saturday has become a bit of a challenge because we have more talks possible than there is time and facilities. So, the seminar chair is having to balance several things in coming up with the final schedule. It will be up on the website in due course.

There are 39 vendors coming as of now, with a 40th arranged (they've paid, but i"m still waiting on their paperwork!?? LOL)

I am not hearing much advance rumors about koi being brought to the show. I know of just two that will definitely be vying for GC. Usually by now I've heard of more. Are folks being more close-lipped after Lee Aronfeld's 90cm Kohaku defied the odds and took GC two years running? I know entry forms are getting submitted and demand for 8-foot tanks is as strong as ever.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Well, Bill, it is going to be March soon.

We are now going full pace to bring together all the things that make for a great show. Entry forms and show rules are available at the website: centralfloridakoishow.org .

The judges have been lined up, and we are taking full advantage of the ZNA Presidents' meeting the day before the judging. Jim Reilly is the head judge, and will be assisted by Dick Thomas, Ray Jordan and Dale Gingerich. JR and Ray are qualified judges under both the ZNA and AKCA programs. Dick is in the ZNA judging program, and Dale is in the AKCA judging program.

The seminar schedule for Saturday has become a bit of a challenge because we have more talks possible than there is time and facilities. So, the seminar chair is having to balance several things in coming up with the final schedule. It will be up on the website in due course.

There are 39 vendors coming as of now, with a 40th arranged (they've paid, but i"m still waiting on their paperwork!?? LOL)

I am not hearing much advance rumors about koi being brought to the show. I know of just two that will definitely be vying for GC. Usually by now I've heard of more. Are folks being more close-lipped after Lee Aronfeld's 90cm Kohaku defied the odds and took GC two years running? I know entry forms are getting submitted and demand for 8-foot tanks is as strong as ever.
    With 12 to `18" of snow expected in the next 24 hours here in East Central Illinois, I just keep thinking of Orlando in March to get me through. Flights made, check. Hotel reservations, check. We fly out 5 weeks from today to Ft Myers and will arrive the Thursday of the show in Orlando.
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Meg
    Mike when will there be some information on the Seminar Program schedule?

well never mind, if I would read a little more closely I would see what is up

Well, Meg, at the risk of changes occurring.... I think it vey likely one of the seminars will be a pictorial visit to the 2011 Shinkokai All Japan Show by a group of show stalwarts, Luanne and Richard Porter, and John Sprinkle. Then, I think there's a pretty good chance that Bill McGurk (Purdin Koi Farm) will be doing a presentation on something happening at Purdin. Could there be a possibility of Steve Childers presenting a logical stepped analysis for identifying and addressing problems experienced with koi and ponds? Hmm, maybe. If the scheduling fits the judging schedule, what might Ray Jordan talk about? Could it be unique koi? Or, something on selecting koi? Or, maybe .... And, then there's... Well, we should really wait for the seminar chair to get all the pieces and parts pulled together. There are at least 9 possibilities, but only time and space for 6.

So, stay tuned.

P.S., As the banquet speaker, JR will be doing a presentation on 'quality'. But, the price of $10 for the all day Saturday seminar schedule does not include the banquet. So, to hear JR you'll have to spend $40 for a banquet ticket.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast