Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Florida Koi Show 2011

Central Florida Koi Show 2011

Mark your calendar now: CFKS 2011 will be March 11-13, 2011. We are returning to the Palms International Resort on International Drive (across from the Wet'nWild water park). This was formerly a Holiday Inn, but is now under new ownership with major renovation upgrades to be completed by the end of 2010.

We are pleased that we will once more host the annual meeting of ZNA chapter presidents from across the country. This will be the third time we have been honored to host their annual meeting and are very happy to have so many notables in our hobby in attendance. I hope every one is able to make the trip. (And, I hope our seminar chair can convince a few to share their expertise during the Saturday seminar series!)

We had our major planning meeting yesterday, with tasks assigned among the 5 sponsoring clubs. Most of the roles are filled with folks who have either performed the task before or were "understudies". We are fortunate to have an experienced crew. One major change is occurring. Joe White is stepping down as Show Chair after leading our efforts for several years. Joe will still be very active in regard to a number of areas, not the least of which are being in charge of the show website and serving as "Mr. Water Quality". The new Show Chair is Henry Culpepper, who will also serve as Show Director (meaning he is charge of everything having to do with benching and the show ring). The Vice-Chair is Don Hellard, who will also serve as the Show Engineer. For years we have depended on Don for everything mechanical or electrical, and will be able to count on him again.

Updating of the show website will begin in the near future. I will be providing vendor packages to our regular vendors in a couple of weeks. (I already have 3 who emailed wanting to confirm they can have the same space, so they are ahead of me this time around. I need to get moving! LOL)

It's going to be another exciting show!

It has gotten to be a great show. It would be great to showcase it even more. Adopt Malaysia as your sister Koi Nation and invite David Soon as keynote speaker and honorary guest.

Well, who knows, KK? Perhaps the time will come.

There is a possibility of a judge coming from overseas, but can't talk about it until arrangements are finalized.

I have been amazed at how strong a response we are getting this year from vendors. I'm looking at being close to sold-out before year-end. Maybe its because our vendors did well last March? Or, maybe it is because the show has become an excellent opportunity for those in the business to meet and partner on business ventures? Maybe it is because the show has become the one that starts off the pond year in the East?

Whatever the reason, There are still two days for our past vendors to reserve before I accept reservations for new vendors, and the line-up of koi vendors already looks great. From California, we will have Genki, Eastern, Peters & Sons, and Champion Koi. Kodama is coming from Hawaiii; Ray Abell from the East. Among domestic breeders we will have Purdin, Nisei Koi Farm, Blackwater, Delta Koi, Tarheel and Razorback. From the local area there will be SunDan Koi and Schroettinger & Cornell. There might be a couple of more koi vendors that can fit under our separation rules, but the waiting list has 5 on it. So, some will be turned away. And, the dry vendors are signing up, too. Out of 47 spaces, all but 9 are reserved with 4 months to go before the show.

Now is the time for folks to decide that they will enter fish in the show, and focus on having them at their best by March. It would be wonderful to have over 225 entries.

It's going to be another great show.

Mike, You and the CFKS team (HC, JW, SW, DH, KH to mention a few) do a fantastic job! Shroettinger’s Shiryu Utsuris & Cornell’s Koromos just too cool.

There was a lot of positive discussion about the Orlando show at the NorCal show this past weekend. Sounds like a lot of west coast koi kichi are wanting to come check out the Orlando show. Martha & I are looking forward to being there in March.

Tategoi
    Anyone that's going, if you go on the hotel web site you can get a rate of $48...that's a lot cheaper than even the show rate. Just ley Henry know so the show gets credit for the rooms booked..

We booked the plane ride yesterday...wish that was as cheap

Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    There was a lot of positive discussion about the Orlando show at the NorCal show this past weekend. Sounds like a lot of west coast koi kichi are wanting to come check out the Orlando show. Martha & I are looking forward to being there in March.
    Look me up Ray, like to meet you. Will be wet vendor in back corner of outside tent. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sundan View Post
    Look me up Ray, like to meet you. Will be wet vendor in back corner of outside tent. Thanks.
    Likewise For Sure!!

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Anyone that's going, if you go on the hotel web site you can get a rate of $48...that's a lot cheaper than even the show rate. Just ley Henry know so the show gets credit for the rooms booked..

We booked the plane ride yesterday...wish that was as cheap
    I just tried to book online (you can only get that rate online) and couldn't get registered. Will give them a call tomorrow.

At least I don't have to book airlines. I think I'm about ready to quit flying with the new security checks.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast