#59 Momotaro Ryu Sanke Male 41cm For Sale

SOLD!!!!!
    Size: 41cm (16.1 inches)
    Sex: Male
    Born: 06/09/2009
    Breeder: Momotaro Koi Farm
    Certificate: Yes
    Price: $500

This is a beautifully balanced certified Momotaro Ryu sanke with very consistent beni, soft snow-white shiroji and lacquer black sumi. Please note the changes in presence in just three months of growth. He has a kohaku pattern with very nicely placed sumi and a couple of ginrin scales that is indicative of excellent skin quality. The snow-white shiroji is of very good quality especially given the fact that I have been feeding a mixture that contains 20% Saki-Hikari Color. IMO this sanke will be very competitive at koi shows a couple of years down the road if given the right growing environment. I hope that someone will purchase him. Otherwise I will be very tempted to keep him when I have to ship him back to Brian Sousa this fall.

Please note that this will be based on a first-pay-first-served basis so please reserve this sanke today. I accept PayPal, personal checks or money order. I can ship as soon as payment is received via Southwest Airlines (preferred), UPS Next Day Priority or FedEx Next Day Priority.

Link to Momotaro Ryu Sanke GO: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Video recorded in 05/10 at Momotaro Koi Farm (please double click on video to watch fullscreen on Youtube)

Video recorded in 08/10 at my backyard pond (please double click on video to watch fullscreen on Youtube)

Pictures: First picture was taken at Momotaro Koi Farm in 05/10 when sanke was 37cm. All other pictures were taken in 08/10. Please note the changes in body and presence in just three months of growth!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails #59 Momotaro Ryu Sanke Male 41cm For Sale-momotaro.jt.59.37cm.sanke.male.jpg   #59 Momotaro Ryu Sanke Male 41cm For Sale-sanke.momotaro.-59.male.41cm.08.09.2010.image1.jpg   #59 Momotaro Ryu Sanke Male 41cm For Sale-sanke.momotaro.-59.male.41cm.08.09.2010.image2.jpg   #59 Momotaro Ryu Sanke Male 41cm For Sale-sanke.momotaro.-59.male.41cm.08.09.2010.image3.jpg   #59 Momotaro Ryu Sanke Male 41cm For Sale-sanke.momotaro.-59.male.41cm.08.09.2010.image4.jpg  

Last edited by Lam Nguyen; 08-25-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Otherwise I will be very tempted to keep him when I have to ship him back to Brian Sousa this fall.
    I didn't think it was possible to ship koi back to Japan.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Size: 41cm (16.1 inches)
    Sex: Male
    Born: 06/09/2009
    Breeder: Momotaro Koi Farm
    Certificate: Yes
    Price: $500

This is a beautifully balanced certified Momotaro Ryu sanke with very consistent beni, soft snow-white shiroji and lacquer black sumi. Please note the changes in presence in just three months of growth. He has a kohaku pattern with very nicely placed sumi and a couple of ginrin scales that is indicative of excellent skin quality. The snow-white shiroji is of very good quality especially given the fact that I have been feeding a mixture that contains 20% Saki-Hikari Color. IMO this sanke will be very competitive at koi shows a couple of years down the road if given the right growing environment. I hope that someone will purchase him. Otherwise I will be very tempted to keep him when I have to ship him back to Brian Sousa this fall.

Please note that this will be based on a first-pay-first-served basis so please reserve this sanke today. I accept PayPal, personal checks or money order. I can ship as soon as payment is received via Southwest Airlines (preferred), UPS Next Day Priority or FedEx Next Day Priority.

Link to Momotaro Ryu Sanke GO: 2010 Official Koi-Bito Momotaro Certified Female Ryu Sanke Jumbo Tosai Grow Out Event

Video recorded in 05/10 at Momotaro Koi Farm (please double click on video to watch fullscreen on Youtube)

Video recorded in 08/10 at my backyard pond (please double click on video to watch fullscreen on Youtube)

Pictures: First picture was taken at Momotaro Koi Farm in 05/10 when sanke was 37cm. All other pictures were taken in 08/10. Please note the changes in body and presence in just three months of growth!

so it grew 4 cm in 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan25 View Post
    so it grew 4 cm in 3 months?
    Hi Ethan. Yes that is correct. It grew only 4cm over 3months. Please keep in mind that I had all of them in my 1,500 gallon QT for almost two months and were handled frequently during that time. Now there are a total of 47 koi (including my girls) in my backyard 9,000 gallon pond. They are eating aggressively and, with the right water change, should be growing much faster now. Obviously I don't have Mississippi River Magic water and BWC Gold.

Hi Ethan. Yes that is correct. It grew only 4cm over 3months. Please keep in mind that I had all of them in my 1,500 gallon QT for almost two months and were handled frequently during that time. Now there are a total of 47 koi (including my girls) in my backyard 9,000 gallon pond. They are eating aggressively and, with the right water change, should be growing much faster now. Obviously I don't have Mississippi River Magic water and BWC Gold.

I was just making sure. I don't have tremendous growth on all my fish. I have a tancho and a sanke that just won't grow. Its all about genetics and giving them the right opportunity to grow.

Its a very nice fish.

Fry
    Lam,

Dinh shows me this one while we are having morning coffee and just can't resist it.

So you can mark it as "sold" .

Thanks,
    Long

SOLD!!!!!
    Sorry guys but the koi has been sold. Thank you Long for your support. Thank you for all of your guys' interest. I will post more Momo males over the next few days.
    Last edited by Lam Nguyen; 08-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.