Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCKS Show

Honmei

CCKS Show

Troy Head and I were honored to judged the Fresno show this weekend. What a great time. I gained more than a few pounds thanks to the Vukovich's.....all three generations of koi enthusiasts!

Finally got to meet Big Hat Bulls (Amanda) and Husband (Shawn) (DrCreosote). Great young koi hobbyists. It is always fantastic to see new faces with the passion.

I spent a fantastic Sunday afternoon with Marilyn and Pete and gained a few more pounds eating some really good Mexican food....something we lack back in good ol Damnville...I mean Danville.

I'll post some pics in a bit
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

It was an honor to meet both you and Troy. While I am at it, Thank you MCA for telling me to join a club. This was Sean and my first show, it was alot of work, but well worth it thanks to the knowledge that was shared.

I am to tired to brag right now, maybe Steve or Troy will do it for me

This was an awesome show (I have no other koi shows to compare it to) and and awesome experience! Steve and Troy were great to have around. After the judging was complete, they talked about our fish with us, pointing out the good things and the things that held them back. They talked to us about everything and gave us more information than we knew existed and did it in a short time.

At the banquet, Steve actually had everyone praying -- not to be let loose, but with hands together in the prayer position and everything. It was great to look across the dining room and see our koi club, hands together as if in prayer. . .

The best part was the walk and talk on Sunday. When they got to our tank, they told us they were going to play a joke on Amanda. When she arrived (She was working the front desk) Steve casually announced "All the fish in this tank are crap!" Then after a laugh, he told us the real story. It turns out her Ochiba's reticulation really impressed them.

We had a great time, and Amanda managed to raise 150$ for KHV research! If I could change anything about the show, I would have dropped the temperature by about 15 degrees, but other than that, everything was perfect!
    Sean Stephens

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCreosote View Post
    This was an awesome show (I have no other koi shows to compare it to) and and awesome experience! Steve and Troy were great to have around. After the judging was complete, they talked about our fish with us, pointing out the good things and the things that held them back. They talked to us about everything and gave us more information than we knew existed and did it in a short time.

At the banquet, Steve actually had everyone praying -- not to be let loose, but with hands together in the prayer position and everything. It was great to look across the dining room and see our koi club, hands together as if in prayer. . .

The best part was the walk and talk on Sunday. When they got to our tank, they told us they were going to play a joke on Amanda. When she arrived (She was working the front desk) Steve casually announced "All the fish in this tank are crap!" Then after a laugh, he told us the real story. It turns out her Ochiba's reticulation really impressed them.

We had a great time, and Amanda managed to raise 150$ for KHV research! If I could change anything about the show, I would have dropped the temperature by about 15 degrees, but other than that, everything was perfect!

Well Sean your prayers were answered here in Danville. Our temperature dropped about 20 degrees Saturday and Sunday.

Steve told me he had a most wonderful time at the show and also said it was such a pleasure to meet you and Amanda. Congratulations to the CCKS for another successful koi show.

CC, I just want you to know that Steve did thank us. When he did I don't know if he caught the expression on my face that read, "Shouldn't we be thanking you?"

Any pics of the show and fish?

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Any pics of the show and fish?
    I have a bunch but all Hi Res that Bito doesn't like so I have to resize them. Since I didn't get off the plane until 5am this morning then drove 1.5 hours home for a quick shower before heading to work, I haven't really had the time. I'll get to it as soon as I get some rest.
    The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
    CKHPA

Jumbo
    Let me see if I can help Steve out a bit.

Grand Champion (Showa), Reserve Grand Champion (Kohaku), Mature Champion (Gin Rin Chagoi), Young and AKCA Koi (Kohaku)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CCKS Show-ccks-gc.jpg   CCKS Show-ccks-rgc.jpg   CCKS Show-ccks-mature.jpg   CCKS Show-young-akca.jpg  

Jumbo
    A couple of others

Judges' and President's Choice (Kumonryu) Ikona Friendship (Gin Rin Chagoi), Louisville Friendship ( Gin Rin Utsuri)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CCKS Show-judges-presidents-choice.jpg   CCKS Show-ikona-friendship.jpg   CCKS Show-louisville-friendship.jpg  

Jumbo
    Steve, Troy or someone from the club can fill in the owners' names to these nice winning fish. And maybe even the sizes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast